• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids I cannot get high on codeine because I apparently lack the CYP2D6 enzyme

TioW42

Greenlighter
I cannot get high on codeine because I apparently lack the CYP2D6 enzyme but will I be able to take other opiates. I took 256mg of codeine yesterday with no tolerance and I couldn't feel a thing not one bit and I mainly fall for placebo's but in this case I'm for sure it didn't effect me. Is there anyone here that can't get high on codeine but can get high on other opiates like oxycodone?

If it's not a prodrug it's going to work. Oxycodone is not a prodrug. For example, tramadol is a prodrug. Not going to work. Dilaudid is not a prodrug, it's going to work.

Understood noob?

If it's not a prodrug it's going to work. Oxycodone is not a prodrug. For example, tramadol is a prodrug. Not going to work. Dilaudid is not a prodrug, it's going to work.

Understood noob?
Oxycodone still uses CYP2D6 to metabolize to oxymorphone so doesn't that mean it's a pro drug?

Some people can't process codeine you noobs! (no offense) but its like 10 percent of the population IIRC.