• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc I can buy just 10 grams of ghb to try it and not become a slavish addict?

Tieeurrrop

Bluelighter
I do not have an addictive personality at all, tried many things over the years and never had problems stopping as soon as I saw there could be negative consequences, but until I try a drug I am always cautious of the other stories I have read online.

It seems like those slavish addicts who dose 24/7 would be the same types who would be scoffing down 50grams of kratom (which always seems insane too me as anything over around 5.5 grams starts to be unpleasant for me provided my tolerance is normal) per day or drinking themselves to oblivion every night.

Still though until I try something the first time I like to err on the side of super caution to know how it feels for me.

If I just buy ten grams then is it a failsafe to avoid such troubles even if it was compulsive? Still though another order is only a next day delivery away. I won't be feinding so bad I will be making another order as fast as I can before the last runs out? Bear in mind I tried crack a couple times and even that didn't make me do that when I ran out except some slight disappointment when it was finished.

I really wanna try it since I think it could be of great benefit to my life if used carefully but the extreme withdrawal stories have put a dampener on my going ahead but I was reading the gbl addiction thread which I guess the worst offenders would be congregating.

At the same time though I did read lots of similar stories about slavish addiction to phenibut and I ended up trying f-phenibut which is a lot stronger and didn't find that compulsive. It is the question of just how much more compulsive ghb would be compared to that.

The advantage of ghb is it lasts such a short time meaning you have a much larger margin to stop as I see it since it wears off after just a couple hours so you would have to ignore your better judgement over and over and over again to get in trouble right? But the question is the compulsiveness level as I said compared to other things. From reading the addicts they always have huge vats of the stuff but buying only small amounts could avoid having easy access all the time. But that doesn't say whether the mind would automatically want more more more! after trying it for the first time or two.

I know people who have done tons of GHB and analogues (some up to 8-10 x 2.5-3.0g doses a day every day for weeks) and never seemed to get physical dependence of any sort (at least nothing to complain about) perhaps because it's selective for GABA-B rather than GABA-A (where benzos, barbs, ethanol, etc. act) or maybe because the doses themselves are spaced out - GHB has a short half life and the effects can wear off in 2 hours for smaller doses. I would imagine if you are taking knockout doses of GHB on a regular basis it would be much more liekly to cause some sort of dependence problem. Obviously this is not going to be true for everyone but it will be, in general, way more forgiving than abusing something like temazepam.

Either way GHB (and tis analogues) tends to be cheap as it is a really simple molecule and hence the risk of pshycological addiction or habitual use is probably pretty high and if you find yourself habitually using cannabis or alcohol regularly, you may well find yourself habitually taking GHB or BDO or whatever regularly too.