View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I can’t get Salvia to work for me

nexorii

Greenlighter
Last week, I was in South Carolina on vacation and saw that all the vape shops carried salvia. I’ve tried plenty of other hallucinogens but salvia seemed different. I bought 1 gram of 140x excract and headed back to my hotel room. I packed a pinch (lady at the shop stressed that I only use a pinch due to the potency) into a glass bowl and lit up. I held the smoke in for 20 seconds then exhaled. After about 15 seconds, I started feeling weird but no trip. I hit the bowl one more time but still, nothing happened besides a weird tingly/stinging feeling and a feeling like I was being pushed to the left. Am I doing something wrong or is salvia just not for me? (Not sure if it’s relavent but that day I had just finished a 900mg benadryl trip and the day before I did a DXM trip). I’ve also heard people recommend using a bong or water-cooled bowl but regardless, the salvia should’ve worked...right?

the salvia did work but your brain is tired from the benedry.
You can keep trying, just
1. have no machinery around that you may try to operate, and
2. be in a nice safe nest in case you fall over, or start acting delirious...

In my experience, the right thing to do is to relax:
to begin relaxing and keep on relaxing,
just watch what happens while relaxing

Last week, I was in South Carolina on vacation and saw that all the vape shops carried salvia. I’ve tried plenty of other hallucinogens but salvia seemed different. I bought 1 gram of 140x excract and headed back to my hotel room. I packed a pinch (lady at the shop stressed that I only use a pinch due to the potency) into a glass bowl and lit up. I held the smoke in for 20 seconds then exhaled. After about 15 seconds, I started feeling weird but no trip. I hit the bowl one more time but still, nothing happened besides a weird tingly/stinging feeling and a feeling like I was being pushed to the left. Am I doing something wrong or is salvia just not for me? (Not sure if it’s relavent but that day I had just finished a 900mg benadryl trip and the day before I did a DXM trip). I’ve also heard people recommend using a bong or water-cooled bowl but regardless, the salvia should’ve worked...right?

Your experience of being pulled in one direction is a common Salvia hallucination I've had so that is proof you felt something, but one of the big reasons you probably didn't feel as much is that you smoked out of a bowl and not a bong.

I've always been told that the way to do it is a bong and that's how I've gotten good effects because you just really need a big blast of smoke and you probably lost a lot of smoke from the bowl.

What I and others suggest is that you take the biggest bong hits possible and hold them in for as long as physically possible, and also it's always been said that you want to be in the dark for the best visuals and some people also say you don't want much noise but I don't think that's as big a deal as darkness.

I don't know why but I have found that darkness or at least partial light helps with it.

So I'd suggest you load up a bong and take the biggest possible hits and hold them in for as long as possible when by yourself in a dark room and if it's good Salvia you should get an effect.

Also, weed enhances the effects so you might want to try smoking before you hit the Salvia, and nitrous REALLY increases the effects.

A couple times I have hit the Salvia and then immediately afterwards taken whipits and if you do that you will be sure to get some really powerful effects.

Your salvia is working. Just try it again, maybe 2 or 3 more trials. It works like this, the first attempts are difficult to breakthrought.

I don´t find advisable at all to mix with weed or nitrous at least until you get the salvia nature. Just try again and don´t go for much higher doses in little time as this is a secure recipe for disaster. Go slowly, you will find it in no time.

your brain has to swing in the salvia rhythm, or else you can use an overdose and blackout to get the flavor but it will be too strong a taste.

today I had enough to go visionary, but I let myself dry off from the bath instead of diving into the effect - everything was enhanced but it was as if the usual effect were missing because I did not swing with it.