• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

I boiled my glass weed pipe to clean it and….

After taking the pipe out of the boiling water I grabbed the pot which had a thick layer of crap on top and was tossed in the sink which quickly hardened and won’t come off either the bottom of the sink or the pot I used ☹️☹️, regular dish cleaning stuff does absolutely nothing so the question is what can I use that’ll definitely get it off , thank you in advance

Steel wool, depending on the sink and pot. Works well if metal or whole ceramic.

Never had that particular issue with weed so from my perspective this might as well be in a "kitchen appliances" forum, not that i'd visit such a forum. This is funny to me.

Wish you best of luck

acetone or stuff like Schmand Weg, not exactly sure how to say that in English
specific residue cleaners for pipes

don't have to scrub with stuff like that, the residue will break up on its own

91%+ iso alcohol. Shoulda just used that from the get go. It dissolves THC+related resin-goo soooooo fast.
isopropyl alcohol is pretty expensive though, comparatively

canister of Schmand Weg costs 8€ and lasts for a year if you clean every month

91%+ iso alcohol. Shoulda just used that from the get go. It dissolves THC+related resin-goo soooooo fast.

If you use it to clean a pipe just leave it out to dry for 24 hours before use.
It worked great it took two minutes and it softened the thick shit right up, I knew something would dissolve it I just didn’t wanna possible making things worse by trying things

1L of Isopropyl Alcohol at 98% is about 10GBP on Amazon UK, and 99% Acetone is about the same price.
You can probably find similar prices on Ebay.
Yeah I just buy 98% medical grade off amazon, about $15 for one liter.

It worked great it took two minutes and it softened the thick shit right up, I knew something would dissolve it I just didn’t wanna possible making things worse by trying things
When in doubt, always use iso alc for weed crap. Gets distillate straight off my fingers. Even used it to get shit off my lips before though it dries them out and probably ain't safe to accidently consume.

isopropyl alcohol is pretty expensive though, comparatively
really? in the US you get like half a liter of 91% for $3-4, 70% is like $2-3

also @Just a little pinprick I do not suggest boiling glassware like that. It stresses the glass too much and some pipes will randomly shatter when you pull it out, simply due to stress fractures. I've lost 1 bong and 2 bubblers by boiling them.

plus, like you experienced, the tar often just gets all over the pot or sink afterwards

I always just use isopropyl alcohol, salt and/or some other abrasive, shake it up inside a large bag. Sometimes it takes a few washes and is tedious, but the safest for your glassware.

When in doubt, always use iso alc for weed crap. Gets distillate straight off my fingers. Even used it to get shit off my lips before though it dries them out and probably ain't safe to accidently consume.
just some minor internal bleeding and organ damage

really? in the US you get like half a liter of 91% for $3-4, 70% is like $2-3
I got a bit confused I think, because I'm used to dealing with 99.9%, which is 26.90€ / 1l, at least the bottles we buy at work, but they are small bottles. Just checked, it's available much cheaper, even in Germany

I got a bit confused I think, because I'm used to dealing with 99.9%, which is 26.90€ / 1l, at least the bottles we buy at work, but they are small bottles. Just checked, it's available much cheaper, even in Germany
ah yeah, makes sense. Lab grade stuff is expensive. I think I read somewhere that getting that last bit of water out to go from 91% to 99.9% is difficult and thus expensive.

ah yeah, makes sense. Lab grade stuff is expensive. I think I read somewhere that getting that last bit of water out to go from 91% to 99.9% is difficult and thus expensive.
Yeah, I suppose there is a high chance of deceit, when cheap products are marketed with a value of 99% or higher. Because the stuff we buy is fucking expensive, but for the purpose of cleaning residue, even 90% is more than enough :ROFLMAO:

i've always found isopropanol and table salt do pretty well (the salt acts as an abrasive and doesn't dissolve in the alcohol as far as i've seen), q tips for any stubborn hard to reach areas.

i once dissolved a bunch of rez from various pieces, some broken... let the alcohol evap, put it into some naphtha and then added water.

then when it was all done (tossed the water), evapped, dissolved it again in iso and evapped again X2 (to try and make sure ALL naphtha evaporated) and ate it with peanut butter.

quite a nice stone, actually

isopropyl alcohol is the best for cleaning bongs and smoking accessories, fill it up and cap it off let it soak for hours then clean after. I literally smoked out of a bong did this then cleaned so well i can vape through it and it doesnt taste or smell of smoking at all.

A trick as well is at the end of it , use some warm salt water then rinse with water a few times after this neutralises any tastes or smells at the end

Last edited:
i once dissolved a bunch of rez from various pieces, some broken... let the alcohol evap, put it into some naphtha and then added water.

then when it was all done (tossed the water), evapped, dissolved it again in iso and evapped again X2 (to try and make sure ALL naphtha evaporated) and ate it with peanut butter.

quite a nice stone, actually

what did the product look/smell/taste like after the naptha extraction?

I used to be vaguely curious about a resin purification method but never took it too seriously.

Were you doing aqueous rinses? Why add the water after naptha?

I've certainly been very stoned from resin before, but was never able to distill it from the nastiness, headache and bad taste.