• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin I believe i missed literally just 5 units or less but i now have a ball on my wrist. What should i do? Can it self heal?

k.kush21

Greenlighter
I had only shot up 2 and a half days in a row, and hadbeen having my S.O hitting this same spot on the side of my wrist quite frequently and had no issues (he studied phlebotomy) and when he wasnt around, by following the small mark he left behind, I was able to hit myself successfully in the same spot a few times while he wasnt around but one day I was getting frustrated and let my roommate hit me through the same spot and it registered at first but as she was plunging it, she pushed the needle forward and I felt it burning and stopped her immediately & she literally missed less than 5 units but now there is a small ball on my wrist... it is red in color, and hurts when I apply pressure to it. It also turns white in color when I press on it. I've been using antibiotic ointment, and applying cold compresses to it. Shall I switch to hot compresses, or is there anything else I can do without having to go to the hospital?

Attachments

• 15610910965253168819710467343693.jpg
    15610910965253168819710467343693.jpg
    1,017.2 KB · Views: 15
bro, that's an abcess. you need antibiotics. amoxicillin is what i was given when i had an abcess. i'm not medically trained, so i can't tell you IF it will go away without antibiotics, but mine only grew to a golf ball size before the pain made me want to have my arm ripped off. i went to my family dr (uk) and he immediatley said if i'd gone a few days more without getting antibiotics then i could have gotten septiceamia (poor spelling, but basically blood poisoning) and could have lost my arm. please seek professional medical advice.

How long ago did it happen before it swelled like that? Abcesses take a little while to develop. I do agree if it doesn't go down soon, if it's hot or you feel unwell or feverish you need a hospital immediately! It's not worth risking it and losing an arm.
Hope someone more experienced can chime in quickly but I'd say get medical attention now

my abcess developed within a couple of days, it looked exactly like the photo that was posted. i've been an i.v. heroin user since i was 19 and i'm 39 now. while i can't say with 100% certainty that it is an abcess, it sure looks like mine did. to the poster with the lump on your wrist : i know it's easier said than done mate, but take it from a 20year heroin addict veteran, get help to get clean before it kills you. it aint too late my lad.

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you don't have health insurance seeing that you're seeking help online.

Use a black marker to outline any red discolored skin; if the discoloration extends past the area you marked. Then there is a good chance an abscess is growing.
Also if you feel disoriented or have any signs of a fever. You may be experiencing septicemia which warrants immediate medical attention. In that case please go to the E.R even if you're expecting a multi-thousand dollar fucking by your local hospital.

As someone who has drained abscesses on my own body with proper equipment and technique and without further complications, if I had one on or near my wrist, I would proceed to the emergency department or physician post haste, come what may, if only for the delicacy of the anatomy in the area, which I would imagine increases the chances of septicaemia, lasting damage, and amputation quite a bit.

Is it warm to the touch?? That's a sign of an abscess if it is. It doesn't look to bad to me. How long has it been there. If you just missed the shot and it's bruised it should only last a couple hours. I'm no expert tho.
If it lasts more then 6 hours or so head to hospital or urgent care.