• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

I believe i get too high when smoking out of blunts.

KarinaKapri

Greenlighter
Quick history. During my first stretch of being a pothead (2008-2010) I would always smoke out of zig zags. The first time I EVER personally had a panic attack while high was the first time I bought a dutch and smoked half of it to myself. I say its from the tobacco because yesterday I kinda freaked out a little but the time frame that I was actually freaking out for led me to believe it was probably from the tobacco from the leaf boosting my high too much. Thats why my friends love smoking out of backwoods because they say it makes them "higher" and I just laugh cause as a ocassional cig smoker I know its just the tobacco. What do you guys think? Also any sure tips to help the panic that comes with actually realizing you're high? And to think I was a heavy smoker lol.. Gotta get back to basics.

Probably from tokin tobacco, yeah that made me puke once before. Just stick with weed and zigzags and you will be ok!

Ive definitely felt uncomfortable a few times I mixed a tobacco and weed, I wouldnt be surprised if its the culprit.

Funny, my sister swears blunts get her higher probably because shes also catching a bit of nicotine that affects the high quality to her liking.

Id avoid blunts unless you regularly smoke with several people at a time. I had a blunt phase in my teens and my tolerance went through the roof until I was just burning through money to barely maintain a stone. Id say the average blunt around here is .7g-1g+ which will jack up your tolerance quick fast when youre smoking multiple blunts daily. A little glass pipe will keep you happy dosing at .1g-.3g if your weed is strong and you dont have to fear super tolerances, tobacco weed interactions, and those lovely tobacco carcinogens.

Last edited:
It's definitely the nicotine.

People who never smoked cigarettes before and had their first one in front of me got a buzz from nicotine.

my self my first two newports got me loopy and eyes blood shot red. For a while too.

Your essentially smoking unfiltered straight tobacco with a good amount of nicotine on top of THC. It's going to.get you whacked.

Blunt wraps are made out of tobacco which is probably the reason for it. The nicotine can make you seem higher as everyone before me has pretty much said. I personally dont feel higher when i have a cig or any form of nicotine while high. I do prefer rolling papers over blunt wraps though. But pipes are the best. Dont waste as much when you smoke with a pipe. Id recommend buying a pipe if you can otherwise stick to zig zags.

People generally put a LOT of weed in blunts. That shit still gets me very high if I smoke a blunt with 2 people as opposed to smoking a spliff. Also I suppose the tobacco from the bluntwrap could've been a factor if you don't already smoke cigarettes, but there really isn't that much nicotine in the paper.

yeah sometimes i sprinkle a the tobacco out of a cigarette and put it in the bowl along with some bud. and smoke a popper

The the nicotine is affecting you and the weed is making you hyper aware of it. Nicotine isn't really a positive feeling its more similar to caffeine.

If you don't smoke cigs or abuse other nicotine products then the nicotine headrush can be stupidly powerful, I could only imagine this would be way worse if you were baked as well

There is somewhat of a synergetic effect when burning bud and tobacco simultaneously. Or it could just overwhelm you because of the amount of herb required to roll one. I'll smoke eat or cape but regardless a blunt will always do the trick.

Quick history. During my first stretch of being a pothead (2008-2010) I would always smoke out of zig zags. The first time I EVER personally had a panic attack while high was the first time I bought a dutch and smoked half of it to myself. I say its from the tobacco because yesterday I kinda freaked out a little but the time frame that I was actually freaking out for led me to believe it was probably from the tobacco from the leaf boosting my high too much. Thats why my friends love smoking out of backwoods because they say it makes them "higher" and I just laugh cause as a ocassional cig smoker I know its just the tobacco. What do you guys think? Also any sure tips to help the panic that comes with actually realizing you're high? And to think I was a heavy smoker lol.. Gotta get back to basics.
so the tobacco makes you (feel) higher but you laugh at your friends when they say the same thing?

if it affects you that way, it's possible it affects them the same way. a lot of people get an additional effect from tobacco.

alasdair

^^^ I concur. here in Italy we smoke our weed almost always with tobacco, and I noticed that it sort of gives me a "rush" and then the high settles down. the few times I've smoked a "pure" joint the high came on later (like 5 minutes) and it was "cleaner" in a way.

yess one time i smoked a blunt after just sticking to a pipe for awhile and the shit got me twisted. i was acting like i had no tolerance all over again haha. some people like that intense high but i prefer a more controllable one when with other people :b

ewww........they roll blunts with backwoods? wtf i actually used tosmoke backwoods once in a while but to roll a blunt out of those??????? only in complete desperation.