• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

'I asked the President for a spliff, but he didn't have any': What Sir Richard Bran..

edgarshade

Bluelighter
Daily Mail

'I asked the President for a spliff, but he didn't have any': What Sir Richard Branson claims he said at White House state dinner for Cameron

By Simon Tomlinson

PUBLISHED: 21:08, 16 March 2012 | UPDATED: 23:14, 16 March 2012

With reader comments

There are probably more appropriate times to try scoring drugs. But as the great and the good gathered in their evening suits and ball gowns for the biggest-ever state dinner at the White House, Sir Richard Branson gave it a go anyway. And whom should he ask? None other than the President of the United States himself.

'I asked him if I could have a spliff... but they didn't have any,' the Virgin tycoon told an audience at a drugs debate in Washington the following day. As the crowd laughed heartily, he was quick to point out that he was joking, of course.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...spliff-Cameron-banquet.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Richard Branson should fund a commercial during the summer olympics to convince the general population that the war on drugs is not working. 50% of Americans already support legalization of marijuana, there would be a better chance if we had like 75%. Columbia will possibly decriminalize drugs soon. Many other countries would if there was enough support for it. The television stations probably wouldn't want to air that, but give them enough money and they hopefully would. Just wishful thinking though.

^At least someone "in power" (read: has $$) is speaking out. I can hop on my soapbox in town all I want, but I'm likely to just get arrested.. not a press conference.