• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

I am wanting to write a book and am seeking answers to a few questions.

Shrooms00087

Bluelighter
So here are a few questions. I am deeply grateful for any and all responses.

1. Is there a social stigma related to your [describe] mental illness?
2. Have you been to a mental institution? If you have what was your overall experience?
3. Would a person's story of mental illness (being a comedy) be a relatable and non-offensive product you'd be willing to purchase?
4. Are there certain stigmas you'd like to see being addressed in any such book?
5. Those with schizophrenia could you describe what some of the delusions consist of? (If you have a large description, which would be amazing, please PM me)

Again thanks for taking the time!

1. I'm not sure, I've suffered from depression, ptsd, and anxiety. There's still people who really don't understand any of those conditions, I'm not sure about stigmas cause most of my close friends have a mental illness of their own. There are definitely people who are not helpful.
2. Yep, on the whole I'd say my experience was positive. I found private psych hospitals to be far nicer than public. Public seems to be mostly young people who can't afford private help, I've also been put in a private hospital by my family and it was more like a nursing home in some respects, fewer young people but still some. All the interesting stuff happens in public. I've seen the cops drag people in in cuffs, people just lose it or pace the halls saying random shit. Private's far more boring. But my experience there helped my mental health by improving my medication, helping me stay away from drugs, and giving me routine. They make you keep busy.
3. Absolutely, there's piles of comedy to be found.
4. Perhaps people's lack of understanding how truly powerful depression is and how it messes with your head, makes you hate yourself, tells you nothing will ever get better. As well as people not understanding just how distorted our perceptions can become. In ptsd I've always found it impossible to explain to people who haven't experienced childhood abuse and resulting ptsd and depression. They don't understand why it's so so hard to be happy, to 'get over' it, just how long it can stay apart of you and cause problems in your life. I've spent so much time trying to figure out how to finally put what happened to me in the past. But when it's what you were born into, it can be so hard to really believe you didn't somehow deserve it, or bring it on yourself, or that you're not bad, and other stuff people get told by their abusers and their enablers. For some people they cope really well, others far worse. They also don't understand weird or destructive shit you do to cope.
5. I don't have it, but a casual boyfriend I used to have did. Really nice guy, but very weird. Claimed he saw things that weren't there. Was always fascinated by his take on the world.

Hope maybe this helps.