Mental Health I am feeling so awful

Effysunshine890

Greenlighter
I am stuck, my uncle is severely ill in hospital with cancer and I really hope he pulls through, my mum recently lost her best friend (male friend) to suicide recently and I am stuck in agony with numerous chronic pain conditions and my jaw is killing me at Uni.

I haven’t spoken in a few days for no real reason. I feel stuck and don’t know what to do

can marie curie or other cancer support agencies help with how you are feeling about your uncle being ill ? my aunt had breast cancer a couple of years ago and it hit me hard. i started using drugs again to cope. i don't suggest you do that, maybe see a dr about the pain in your jaw and if you are struggling at uni, talk to your tutor's. that's about as much use as i can be i'm afraid. i hope things work out for you.

It might seem selfish, but there's no shame in working on your own health first. How are you treating the pain?

The life cycle is annoying - that's a tough situation to be in.. How is you mom holding up? And is she supportive of you and your own health?

Seems like just a shit storm, TBH. But, it could be worse. Could also be better, of course.

Do you talk to your uncle? I'm sure he'd love to hear from you. Talking to him might be cathartic.

I am stuck, my uncle is severely ill in hospital with cancer and I really hope he pulls through, my mum recently lost her best friend (male friend) to suicide recently and I am stuck in agony with numerous chronic pain conditions and my jaw is killing me at Uni.

I haven’t spoken in a few days for no real reason. I feel stuck and don’t know what to do
i've endured watching close family simply deteriorate and suffer because of cancer, it's easy to simply shut yourself off from everything, but don't because i guarantee you just because one day is shitty doesn't mean tomorrow will be, be hopeful and i know its easier said than done but try to maintain a positive outlook, things can always be worse in retrospect, but you have quite abit on your plate, i know that when i had to put down my 18 year old dog, that i'd carried up and down 2-4 times/day at 120lbs / 58ish kg that i descended into a pit of despair and mercilessly consumed a torrent of shit to block out the negative thoughts an feelings, but in the end you do have to accept life as it comes as good and as shitty as it may be, its extremely difficult to function while dealing with chronic pain, seek a family physician and always be honest a good medical professional will abide by the oath they took which any proper caring physician will uphold

--
"I swear by Apollo the physician, and Aesculapius the surgeon, likewise Hygeia and Panacea, and call all the gods and goddesses to witness, that I will observe and keep this underwritten oath, to the utmost of my power and judgment.
I will reverence my master who taught me the art. Equally with my parents, will I allow him things necessary for his support, and will consider his sons as brothers. I will teach them my art without reward or agreement; and I will impart all my acquirement, instructions, and whatever I know, to my master's children, as to my own; and likewise to all my pupils, who shall bind and tie themselves by a professional oath, but to none else.
With regard to healing the sick, I will devise and order for them the best diet, according to my judgment and means; and I will take care that they suffer no hurt or damage.
Nor shall any man's entreaty prevail upon me to administer poison to anyone; neither will I counsel any man to do so. Moreover, I will give no sort of medicine to any pregnant woman, with a view to destroy the child.
Further, I will comport myself and use my knowledge in a godly manner.
I will not cut for the stone, but will commit that affair entirely to the surgeons.
Whatsoever house I may enter, my visit shall be for the convenience and advantage of the patient; and I will willingly refrain from doing any injury or wrong from falsehood, and (in an especial manner) from acts of an amorous nature, whatever may be the rank of those who it may be my duty to cure, whether mistress or servant, bond or free.
Whatever, in the course of my practice, I may see or hear (even when not invited), whatever I may happen to obtain knowledge of, if it be not proper to repeat it, I will keep sacred and secret within my own breast.
If I faithfully observe this oath, may I thrive and prosper in my fortune and profession, and live in the estimation of posterity; or on breach thereof, may the reverse be my fate!"
--

i urge you to try to cope as best as you can, and look towards tomorrow, do you have any close individuals that you can rely on for support be it whatever? i take it for granted at times but i've quote on quote been told if i needed anything a couple of my homies would do whatever they could, and they have plenty, there was a time in my life where i also fucked up financially due to a load of things, and i was able to reach out and you'd be surprised human beings can all relate one way or another, i urge you to perhaps speak to a friend if you can comfortably do that, its helped me more than i can admit, not to mention you'll feel much better knowing you have at your disposal the tools to lean on when you really need to, i don't want to get into any of my personal struggles but i've been through quite the pewp, i'm still here i get through each day with chronic pain that is mostly the biggest issue i'm currently struggling with, if i didn't have the relationship i had with my doctor, let alone the friend(s) that brought me back and forth to get my prescriptions every few months and made sure i was doing fine i couldn't tell you if i would be here but you need do need to let out whats bothering you in some way and try to address everything, but one thing at a time, nothing is solved overnight, you can always pm me if you need to talk about anything.

Stay safe
~Zonxx