• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

I am astounded by the lack of compassion. Check this post from Blue 2000.

How can you measure out your compassion?
Pinger, mate, I think you rule.
[This message has been edited by BeanQueen (edited 05 May 2000).]

beanqueen...how can you not????
Perhaps to you compassion is a trait that you can dispense in equal amounts to everyone regardless of the circumstances. So the death of Hitler deserves as much compassion as the death of Mother Teresa, in your view of the world.
Compassion is something that we CHOOSE to dispense. Just as I have no compassion for a murderer who dies in the electric chair, its difficult to see some dumb bastard who OD'd as worth my compassion where there are so many others out there who need it and deserve it. Sorry to burst your idyllic little bubble, but people's actions dictate how people respond to them in life. Im not saying its a good thing that he died, but I think that he did it to himself and therefore I shed no tears over him, rather I shed tears for those innocent who die daily without one tear or ounce of protest from the average citizen of any country. How many times have you picked up a paper and read about some drunk driver who hit a tree and killed himself, and thought, "good, he bloody well deserved it." Most people have. This is no different. Did he have to die? Of course not. Is it sad that he did? Of course. Am I going to stay up nights worrying about it? No. I cant sleep at night thinking of the poor Muslim whose bloodstains I saw on the wall of their house 3 years ago in Bosnia. That is what keeps me up at night.
------------------
Peace
Soulwatcher
"me Grimmlok think me want to drop E and listen to trance..."

Interesting to see the Aussie reaction to this thread.
It's a very polarized thread, you probably feel one way or another, depending on the issue's context in your life.
To those that practice responsibility and put a lot of their personal energy into their respective scenes, they probably feel that the current crackdown and negative international media campaign is very much a result of a few reckless individuals ruining it for the majority. A few Darwinistic flukes who are ticking time bombs when given cocktails of illicit drugs. A few that are going to attract the negative attention and publicity that are sure to bring police and heavy handed politics into the scene. As we all know, the pressure is felt down through all levels, from promoter to punter to planet earth.
On a communal basis, is it worth the large compromise of a scene that a lot of people comprise, in order to support the irresponsible and self-destructive habits of a heedless minority?
The scene is not just pure hedonism. People use it for business, artistic expression, therapy, hooking up, friends, and spiritual and personal growth and learning.
But of course, if our odds catch up to us, that we will be the one incapacitated, the one making the poor decision that renders us immobile, physically wretching, passed out, or tripping way too hard for our own good.
So of course we must advocate some compassion for those that have veered off their path, as we would stop for a cocky speedster who honks as he passes us, then crashes due to his reckless driving. We are human, and we do feel other's suffering.
So the point is please realize what the issue is, how YOU feel about it, why we are so adamant about personal responsibility in this society, why we are so paranoid and vengeful. There are probably different pressures operating in these similar but very different societies.
Have your favorite venues close down and you'll start to curse the fuck-ups real quick. Imagine the place you first experienced your lover closed!
Have an expose about your local scene in terms of illegal drugs and date-rape turn what was once a garden of innocent delight, into a den for the wicked. Have the fear of police action and red ambulance sirens permeate your trips, and you may realize that we're getting hit a little deeper than we want to.
There is a common war we're fighting against here, but it is a divisive war, one that we don't have the moral advantage in, one we must be secret about, one that punishes us for being too trusting. It does have a major effect on the vibe.
That's it, hope you don't have to preoccupy yourself with such an attitude, but i hope you get the context that some of these people are coming from.
We all know (and hope) that the overriding force in the universe is Compassion. That compassion overrides wrath. That love dissolves hate, that water follows the flow of gravity. If we stay true to our human selves and are in a real moment, there is no way our spirits can deny compassion to one who cries for it.
It's the stuff that comes in the way, on both sides, that prevents this expression of universal emotion. Once civilization is destroyed and rebuilt again, we can live with minimal crap between us and go back to being divine humans again, following our divine instincts.
Till then we do our best

Woah, That was scary.
Please don't sent me back there anybody, I like it here in Aus. much better.
------------------
Simba

soulwatcher: I actually do believe that Hitler deserves as much, if not more compassion than mother terresa. What led him to be like that? Why did he choose to be such a dumbfuck? Do you believe that everyone starts life equally and that some people, like you (I am assuming here) and me get greater chances to prove ourselves and the environment we grew up in gave us understanding in how to approach situation like this. Anyway, I believe that everyone is equal, and should (most of the time) be treated as equals
BTW: The topic was started because of this kid that OD'd. Well, I read ashke's post and this was his second fucken time he'd done it!!!!!
No, I dont change my views on death and who deserves to die, but geezus, what a dumb fuck!!!!!! - Mr. Horse
------------------
WARNING: This post may not meet the standards or expectations of the general bluelight community. I may not be held responsible but can only ask for your support in developing new/better/exciting/informative posts. Thankyou for your support in this hard time - Mr. Horse