• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

I am 25 and he is 50. I first met him when I was 7.

psych meds are the biggest scam known to man. first, living in contemporary society people should feel f-ed up. second, the drugs don't really do anything. its a placebo effect.

this is a gross distortion of the truth. lots of antidepressants have very poor effectiveness in retrospection but mood stabilisers/antipsychotics is a different story.

you cant lump everything together although personally i do feel like drugs are used in an overkill fashion and it has been shown that neuroleptics can lead to brain atrophy. but if you are thinking that people are out to get you/the voices in your head are causing you huge distress then you have to weigh up the pro's and cons.

yes SSRI antidepressants are one of the biggest scams for people with mild depression http://healthland.time.com/2012/01/18/new-research-on-the-antidepressant-versus-placebo-debate/

but bipolar type 1 is no joke

If you didn't mention anything about your mental condition, the age of the guy or the whole "living in squalor in Mexico City" thing, this would have been a very different thread....IDK, I'm bi-polar I've been told...but I can manage the symptoms without meds to a large extent. I've also had a whirlwind life with a lot of high higs and low lows, a lot of stress and a lot of drug use. If I make it a point to sleep, eat well and remain active when the depression starts to kick in, I can stay out of going too far into either extreme....

It's hard to get past the whole hooking up with a guy 25 years older than you while you were drunk on Facebook thing...And now you need to have his baby at all costs?! I guess it's one of those things where "you had to be there"? Or, maybe you are on a manic high and your perception is skewed...Try not to do anything too serious or you my regret it later...All that aside, if I didn't know the details...I would just say, "You're in love, just follow your heart!"...Which maybe you should do that, it's hard to say...

If you take things contrary to your own opinion personally, or are a psych-med fanboy/fangirl don't read this:

I definitely believe that medication can help people in many cases, but I do believe that people are recklessly over-medicated and over-diagnosed with psych disorders in the Western World. In the course of one's lifetime you can experience a huge range of emotional and mental conditions that people have probably been experiencing since the dawn of man. To analyze someone's behaviors, thoughts and feelings and to call anything that falls outside the range of what's considered normal "a disease" or a "condition" is a fairly recent phenomenon.

The arrogance of the mental health system as a whole is appalling, driven by corporate greed and largely based on speculation, and trial and error when you start talking about prescribing people man-made chemicals whose actions on the brain and body aren't yet even completely understood.(medication) It's not all bullshit, but it's not a true science either. Anybody with a modicum of intelligence could study the various mental conditions, talk to someone, see how they're acting or "presenting" and give them the correct corresponding medication. The fact that you have to go to school for 12 years to be able to do that doesn't change the fact that it's largely based on guesswork and subjective opinion. Psychiatrists are the Voodoo priests and snake oil salesmen of the medical world, just my opinion. It's also interesting to study, and that's why everyone goes to school for it. You can't leave the house without bumping into a sophomore Sigmund Freud...Just my opinion... And since it was mentioned in this thread I thought it wasn't too out of bounds, and I already wrote it, so I'm not deleting two perfectly good paragraphs...

He is the father figure you never had.

Big assumption there.

Whatever - he has known you all his adult life since you were running around wacked out on too much sugar. Now you are a young adult and you are wacked out on drugs, in a very vulnerable place.

This is not going anywhere good, you need to sort your life out before even THINKING about settling down with anyone. The power dynamic here is too fucked up for words.

I love you, now love yourself.

Peace

He is the father figure you never had.

Big assumption there.

Whatever - he has known you all his adult life since you were running around wacked out on too much sugar. Now you are a young adult and you are wacked out on drugs, in a very vulnerable place.

This is not going anywhere good, you need to sort your life out before even THINKING about settling down with anyone. The power dynamic here is too fucked up for words.

I love you, now love yourself.

Peace

I would say that this is probably right description of what happens with you