• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids I’m so sick and tired of this oxycodone merry go round

Bag84

Bluelighter
I can’t take it anymore. My life consists of nothing but waiting for my next dose, taking pills waiting for a feeling that never even comes anymore and re-dosing like an idiot cause I think it will make me feel better. I want to be done and I think I don’t have a choice anymore. I just got my refill. I am taking about 100mg a day and that’s seems to just get me by. Don’t get me wrong. I’m fine on that but I want out. I want off all drugs. No subs, methadone, Kratom, nothing at all.

so like I said earlier. I’m on roughly 100mg a day. A couple months ago I got so desperate for the first time in my life I bought m 30s off the street. I’m almost 100 percent certain they were all pressed pills with fent. So basically I’m done with that. I delete the guys contact and I’m done. So I am gonna have to jump down from 100 mg a day (of real oxy) to 30. I know it’s not gonna be a walk in the park. But how long can I expect to stay at 30 before my body adjusts to that dose so I can taper down from there. I want to get down to 10 every few days before I jump off.

Sorry for the rant but like I said I’m basically just so tired of this and what it has done to my life and my personality. I wish I never touched them. But my question is how long roughly will it take for me to be ok at 30mg a day jumping down directly from 100mg

I can’t take it anymore. My life consists of nothing but waiting for my next dose, taking pills waiting for a feeling that never even comes anymore and re-dosing like an idiot cause I think it will make me feel better. I want to be done and I think I don’t have a choice anymore. I just got my refill. I am taking about 100mg a day and that’s seems to just get me by. Don’t get me wrong. I’m fine on that but I want out. I want off all drugs. No subs, methadone, Kratom, nothing at all.

so like I said earlier. I’m on roughly 100mg a day. A couple months ago I got so desperate for the first time in my life I bought m 30s off the street. I’m almost 100 percent certain they were all pressed pills with fent. So basically I’m done with that. I delete the guys contact and I’m done. So I am gonna have to jump down from 100 mg a day (of real oxy) to 30. I know it’s not gonna be a walk in the park. But how long can I expect to stay at 30 before my body adjusts to that dose so I can taper down from there. I want to get down to 10 every few days before I jump off.

Sorry for the rant but like I said I’m basically just so tired of this and what it has done to my life and my personality. I wish I never touched them. But my question is how long roughly will it take for me to be ok at 30mg a day jumping down directly from 100mg
I'm going to repeat the old clique that " we're all different " but myself having been through countless high dose long-term Benzo withdrawals cold turkey, and countless high dose long-term full agonist opiate withdrawals cold turkey... I could say just jump off 100 mg cold turkey - feel like death for a couple of weeks, and then gradually become well again. I've jumped off 400 mg per day Oxy habits cold turkey with no comfort meds and got through it. Just make sure if you do have a job.. then you're gonna want to book a week or 2 off until you begin to feel human again.

Or you could taper... It's up to you. Maybe I have some masochistic tendencies that I've never really owned up to...???

Btw, I must say to anyone reading - PLEASE DO NOT EVER ATTEMPT TO STOP TAKING BENZODIAZEPINES COLD TURKEY/ABRUPTLY, OR OVER RAPID TAPER - IT COULD BE THE END OF YOU. DEATH IS RARE BUT IT CAN OCCUR. OR YOU COULD CAUSE THAT MUCH DAMAGE TO YOUR BRAIN/GABA SYSTEM THAT YOU COULD NOT ONLY HAVE A SEIZURE, BUT END UP WITH PSYCHOSIS, DELERIUM TREMENS, OR JUST END UP LIVING YEARS OF YOUR LIFE, IF NOT THE REST OF YOUR LIFE SUFFERING WITH UNBEARABLE WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS.

Good luck getting off your Oxy however you choose to go about it. ;)

Cold turkey will result in the fastest return to normalcy. However many people fuck themselves when trying to do that as it tends to lead to an endless cycle of intense suffering and the relapses when you can't handle it anymore after a few days. Although you won't die from cold turkey opiates (unless you're in poor health in general, then it is possible for the stress on your body to kill you through secondary causes), it is MUCH more likely you will relapse when you try to suddenly stop a large habit without tapering. On the other hand, I find it difficult to taper because it's very difficult not to cheat in an attempt to feel normal. So you have to have a good grip on your discipline. The only times I've been able to do t have been when I truly was at the end of my rope, and my desire to quit was greater than my desire to not feel like shit short term.

Jumping straight to 30mg will probably really suck for a little while, but not as bad as cold turkey. However it will be pretty bad, I would guess, if 100mg just gets you by. I would probably recommend cutting by quite a bit less than that at once. Like say try jumping to 60mg, or 70mg, and get to where you feel okay on that, then jump by a similar percentage.

The thing about tapering is, you need to be prepared to feel not good for a fairly long time. The whole time you're going to not feel very good, and it will take a while. But if you can avoid feeling horrible at any point, you will have a greater chance of success.

Good luck! You can do this. :)

I just responded in another thread but look into medical cannabis. It has seriously been a lifesaver for me! Best of Luck!

Cold turkey will result in the fastest return to normalcy. However many people fuck themselves when trying to do that as it tends to lead to an endless cycle of intense suffering and the relapses when you can't handle it anymore after a few days. Although you won't die from cold turkey opiates (unless you're in poor health in general, then it is possible for the stress on your body to kill you through secondary causes), it is MUCH more likely you will relapse when you try to suddenly stop a large habit without tapering. On the other hand, I find it difficult to taper because it's very difficult not to cheat in an attempt to feel normal. So you have to have a good grip on your discipline.
Hah, yes. I've tapered down a couple times to make it easier on my body, but I'm really not good with it. I have SHIT self - discipline and y'know what it's like ; you ALWAYS find another excuse for why you just simply NEED that extra shot or just that little bit more in each...

Also I have no patience. And no problem being a bit brutal with myself so in general when I've come off I've taken myself off cold. Yeah you will feel like death warmed up but at least it doesn't drag on over weeks and weeks.

When I was tapering sub, it took about 6 days to adjust to the new dose. If I were you I’d just quit completely with a couple of Oxys in reserve just in case. Try to save them for bedtime, that's when you'll need them most. Sounds like you've got the desire to quit so that will help a lot. Only take a half and wait a good hour before taking the other half, you probably won't need it, you'll just be trying to take the edge off so you can sleep. Absolutely DO NOT take an OTC sleep aid, it will cause the worst restless limbs you've ever had in your life. I know it's super scary but I'll will be easier than you think, but it won't be easy. You can do it, we have faith in you.

Last edited:
For me personally, cold Turkey is the only way to go, best way is to go 2-3 days with nothing at all then if you have a couple subs take 4mg maybe less depending on habit then take 4mg a day for 2-3 days then drop to 2mg for a couple days then 1mg a couple days, then take kratom for a couple days after you jump from the sub and after 3-5 days of kratom you should be pretty much over the physical wd, you can use this method starting 12-15hr into wd too but I find waiting a couple days makes it easier in the end since the living hell for 2 days will make the mild uncomfortableness in the later stages much more barable good luck
E: I’m gonna assume 100mg a day oxy habit will but a lot like a gram of heroin a day withdrawl, Iv cold turkey from a 2gram a day habit and from what I remember it wasn’t significantly worse then a gram a day so your prolly on the higher end of a shitty wd, it sucks but is not as hard as it seems

Last edited:
cold turkey is the way to go. just plan on having a bad week and take the ass kicking all at once. tapering usually results in one or 2 days of discipline and then just getting high again imho. good luck

Get some NMDA antagonist, sorry that I am repeating this over and over but they really work to skip opioid withdrawal and put your receptors back into a natural opioid naive status. Memantine is the best one because it's super clean and safe but if you can't get it, DXM cough gels will do the trick too. Just replace the opioid with a threshold dosage of the selected dissociative, do this for 3-6 days, and your tolerance and addiction will be gone. Doesn't fully help against mental cravings which are more related to the circumstances one is in but the real physical tolerance is resetable.

Get some NMDA antagonist, sorry that I am repeating this over and over but they really work to skip opioid withdrawal and put your receptors back into a natural opioid naive status. Memantine is the best one because it's super clean and safe but if you can't get it, DXM cough gels will do the trick too. Just replace the opioid with a threshold dosage of the selected dissociative, do this for 3-6 days, and your tolerance and addiction will be gone. Doesn't fully help against mental cravings which are more related to the circumstances one is in but the real physical tolerance is resetable.
Can you explain what you mean by replace the opioid with a threshold dosage? Like I said I was taking about 100mg a day so what dosage of dxm would be good and how many times a day?. I didn’t taper by the way I just completely ran out now I have to go cold turkey and it’s miserable. Thanks for the reply BTW.

Can you explain what you mean by replace the opioid with a threshold dosage? Like I said I was taking about 100mg a day so what dosage of dxm would be good and how many times a day?. I didn’t taper by the way I just completely ran out now I have to go cold turkey and it’s miserable. Thanks for the reply BTW.
I hope this dude responds to you. I’m interested in knowing.

Why don’t you want to try using things like Gabapentin or Clonidine to ease your withdrawals symptoms? Their champions at relieving the restlessness, sweating, and heart rate elevation. I totally feel you, but I am weak and also used Kratom as a “bridge” off my addiction, along with Gabapentin and Clonidine, and it was quite manageable. I also want to be off all drugs, I was just too weak to suffer the full withdrawals without help. I expect to taper off kratom quickly, 14 days after my habit ended. (I’m only on day 4 now but feeling like I can beat this thing for once and for all)

You need to taper. Take as much as needed, wait some time and repeat.