• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I’m new! Addys+Modafinil opinions?

Mr.Cmysterious

Bluelighter
Heyoo,

I’m new to posting here but I’ve used blue light as my number one go to for my information n questions, and now I wanna be part of blue light and hopefully learn how to forum correctly
Currently on 120mg plugged generic adderall and 200 mg of Modafinil but I’m not sure if it does anything for me with addys. Anyone got an opinion?

Don't combine modafinil and amphetamines. Modafinil is a dopamine reuptake inhibitor and may decrease the effects of amphetamines while increasing the side-effects.

Yeah that's true.

Do you use daily or recreational?
There are possible ways to lower the tolerance if you have access to meds btw 🙂

Yeah that's true.

Do you use daily or recreational?
There are possible ways to lower the tolerance if you have access to meds btw 🙂
I’m prescribed 2x 30IR n I get those U31 orange generics, try not to over use them but, I may have plugged 120mg at 7pm even though I have to appear in court in the morning 😂 oh man, I’ve made better decisions in life, and much much worse!

ive read about some of the ways briefly, but, I’m not too familiar with how it’s all done! Sharing is caring!

Don't combine modafinil and amphetamines. Modafinil is a dopamine reuptake inhibitor and may decrease the effects of amphetamines while increasing the side-effects.

Negro and I are often on the same wavelength and this occasion is no exception. Amphetamine is not really something that I think would be made more fun or functional by the addition of Modafinil.

I would be considering the potentially negative cardiological or even psychological effects of taking such high dosages of stimulants like Adderall specifically. 120mg isn't lethal of course, but with other stimulants tossed in, it could get overwhelming I would imagine.

Negro and I are often on the same wavelength and this occasion is no exception. Amphetamine is not really something that I think would be made more fun or functional by the addition of Modafinil.

I would be considering the potentially negative cardiological or even psychological effects of taking such high dosages of stimulants like Adderall specifically. 120mg isn't lethal of course, but with other stimulants tossed in, it could get overwhelming I would imagine.
Would there be any point in usin the modafinil on days off of the adderall? I tried it a couple times but I really didn’t even get the drive to complete tasks or focus that I’ve heard about it helping with, it seems completely useless especially with my chronic migraines, two days in a row it gives me wicked worsening of my migraines, at least for the few days in a row of taking it alone I’ve tried a couple times!

Would there be any point in usin the modafinil on days off of the adderall? I tried it a couple times but I really didn’t even get the drive to complete tasks or focus that I’ve heard about it helping with, it seems completely useless especially with my chronic migraines, two days in a row it gives me wicked worsening of my migraines, at least for the few days in a row of taking it alone I’ve tried a couple times!

I see no reason why you couldn't experience benefit from both of these drugs through intermittent usage like you're describing. My limited understanding of this stuff informs me that these two drugs exert their effects through different mechanisms.

I think it might actually be a useful practice to use Modafinil in place of Amphetamines if possible to reduce tolerance.