Lost I’m in a horrible situation and don’t know what to do

Oxygod126

Bluelighter
I usually don’t post but I’ve been lurking on here for years. I’m really hoping bl can help me see another way, but first some quick background on my situation.

I’m 28 years old and have IGA nephrology and ckd, stage 4. Before I got diagnosed I was a relatively healthy person with the occasional broken bone or rolled ankle. I was a pretty good basketball player growing up and into HS and got some college offers. Halfway into my freshman year I took a hard fall in a game and broke my back. I had a 4 level anterior, posterior lumbar, spinal fusion, which ended my college career. While recovering, I moved back in with my mom and she really helped me out.

A year after that I was having some routine blood work done, and my pc doc noticed some unusual counts and referred me to a nephrologist where I was diagnosed with ckd. I have done almost everything, but unfortunately my body has rejected almost every treatment. I was on high dose steroids for a year and they didn’t help, and I had really bad side effects, including weight gain, which was almost 40 lbs.

So fast forward and now my ckd disease has progressed to stage 4. My Dr has me on this cancer medication, but is also used in the treatment of kidney diseases. It’s pretty brutal, it makes me nauseous and sick.

I can take this hardcore treatment, but I hate seeing my mom so distraught. She’s helped me rehab through 3 back surgeries, helps my aunt with shopping, and taking her to the dr because she doesn’t drive anymore because she has Parkinson’s, and also my dad passed in 2017.

I’m not really improving with this medication I’m on, and I told my Dr that I would deny dialysis, as that is not much of a life anymore. I would obviously take a kidney, but I’m not holding my breath.

My mom desperately wants me to do dialysis and now I’m torn on what to do. It’s literally going to get your blood cleaned 4 days a weeks, for 4 hours. I have accepted the situation and everything but I have people that want me to “keep fighting” and shit but I don’t want to anymore. I just wish I could go to sleep and not wake up in the morning. I went to having my education paid for through the game that I love, to bring a depressed and sick fat fuck lol. Btw, anyone who has kidney issues, what, and how do you watch your potassium?? I swear that shit is fucking impossible to control.

Anyways, there’s the situation so anyone who has some suggestions, or a kidney then then hit me up lol, jk jk.

Welcome to bluelight @Oxygod126 :)

Im glad that you reached out. Even though nobody can give you true medical advices here I believe that you could get some suggestions. Not from me as your health issues are, unfortunately for you, way over my head.

What I am sure that you will get here, starting with me, is comfort, understanding and thoughtful conversation. I am truly sorry that you are going through all this. As I am pretty emphatic by temperament I really do feel bad when I read this kind of stories. The only way I can help is to tell you that I care and am hopeful you will find answers you are looking for. I hope that you will keep fighting cause there are many people that love you, weather you know it or not. Some of them you didn't even meet yet and it would be a pity not to get a chance to know them in the future. If there is anything you can do about that.

This are not empty words and I really do feel you. Please stay and give your input, both physical and emotional wise. Sometimes improving your emotional state can put in an motion whole process of physical healing. I hope you get better and that you share with us your journey. 💜

Thanks for posting friend.

How are you doing? Other than physically. Mentally? That's what I'm curious about.

I know that's likely a very complicated answer, but, humor me?

If you were near me in New Jersey, I would absolutely be willing to donate a kidney :) Is that something you can just do, or do I have to match your blood type or something?

I’m not sure, but I think we have to have the same blood type or something.

it’s so crazy to me that a stranger I’ve never met on the internet would just be willing to do that. I guess there truly is some good people left in humanity.

I’m not at complete renal failure but it’s pretty bad to the point where I need dialysis, and if I deny going then i have maybe a week or so, at least that’s what my doc said.

anyways, thanks for the kind messages. Obviously, I know there’s nothing that bl can do but I’m basically just venting.

And it is great that you have found a community where you can vent and get all support you need. I will not offer a part of my body but will part of my time, attention and empathy. I think everybody deserves to be listened to and taken as they are. Sick or healthy. Hope you have a good day. :)

I’m not sure, but I think we have to have the same blood type or something.

it’s so crazy to me that a stranger I’ve never met on the internet would just be willing to do that. I guess there truly is some good people left in humanity.

I’m A+
I’m clean and healthy, so why not do something for someone else? I try to help whenever I can. Usually gets me in trouble though lol

I'm so sorry to hear about this :/ and I can understand why you'd not want to wake up. It's really a difficult thing that you're dealing with.

It's cold comfort, but just know that at the very least I will offer my love and support.

Is there any kind of list you can get on for a kidney transplant? It could be something to look forward to, to do dialysis in the short term and try and get a transplant.

It's something to stay alive for. Just don't forget, you are not hopeless yet. There still is a chance that you can get a transplant and live a good, fulfilling life.

Going to say a prayer for you tonight, and send whatever love I can manage through the cyberweb ❤️❤️❤️

Last edited:
And it is great that you have found a community where you can vent and get all support you need. I will not offer a part of my body but will part of my time, attention and empathy. I think everybody deserves to be listened to and taken as they are. Sick or healthy. Hope you have a good day. :)
I’m A+
I’m clean and healthy, so why not do something for someone else? I try to help whenever I can. Usually gets me in trouble though lol

I’m actually A+ too. That would be crazy tho, if I got a transplant from someone on the internet lol. I was honestly joking when I said if anyone wanted to be a donor. I don’t really care what happens to me, I’ve pretty much made my peace with it. I just don’t know what to do because people want me to continue treatment. I’m on a bunch of drugs for autoimmune disease and immunosuppressant, which is making me sick and it’s also kind of painful. I just don’t feel like doing this bs anymore. The PM doesn’t even do anything for my pain. He says I’m a high risk for addiction, but like, wtf is he scared of lol.

@Lobita, how old are you btw if you don’t mind me asking? Also I know what you mean, I’ve got medical bills through the roof but somehow I’m always buying some “so called” friends lunch and shit.

Thank to everyone for the well wishes and thoughts.

I don’t really care what happens to me,
Please try to change that wording at least. For one, it is not true - you do care in how much pain and distress you will be. Maybe you have just wrote it to sound so cold but please don't give up on yourself. You could be amazed how many beautiful people this world has if you give life a chance to help you. I care for as many people as I can sympathise and at the moment you are one of the people who I hold in my mind and heart. Hope you truly get this message that you are as every bit important as any other human being. You matter.

I usually don’t post but I’ve been lurking on here for years. I’m really hoping bl can help me see another way, but first some quick background on my situation.

I’m 28 years old and have IGA nephrology and ckd, stage 4. Before I got diagnosed I was a relatively healthy person with the occasional broken bone or rolled ankle. I was a pretty good basketball player growing up and into HS and got some college offers. Halfway into my freshman year I took a hard fall in a game and broke my back. I had a 4 level anterior, posterior lumbar, spinal fusion, which ended my college career. While recovering, I moved back in with my mom and she really helped me out.

A year after that I was having some routine blood work done, and my pc doc noticed some unusual counts and referred me to a nephrologist where I was diagnosed with ckd. I have done almost everything, but unfortunately my body has rejected almost every treatment. I was on high dose steroids for a year and they didn’t help, and I had really bad side effects, including weight gain, which was almost 40 lbs.

So fast forward and now my ckd disease has progressed to stage 4. My Dr has me on this cancer medication, but is also used in the treatment of kidney diseases. It’s pretty brutal, it makes me nauseous and sick.

I can take this hardcore treatment, but I hate seeing my mom so distraught. She’s helped me rehab through 3 back surgeries, helps my aunt with shopping, and taking her to the dr because she doesn’t drive anymore because she has Parkinson’s, and also my dad passed in 2017.

I’m not really improving with this medication I’m on, and I told my Dr that I would deny dialysis, as that is not much of a life anymore. I would obviously take a kidney, but I’m not holding my breath.

My mom desperately wants me to do dialysis and now I’m torn on what to do. It’s literally going to get your blood cleaned 4 days a weeks, for 4 hours. I have accepted the situation and everything but I have people that want me to “keep fighting” and shit but I don’t want to anymore. I just wish I could go to sleep and not wake up in the morning. I went to having my education paid for through the game that I love, to bring a depressed and sick fat fuck lol. Btw, anyone who has kidney issues, what, and how do you watch your potassium?? I swear that shit is fucking impossible to control.

Anyways, there’s the situation so anyone who has some suggestions, or a kidney then then hit me up lol, jk jk.
Are you diabetic? I gather that's a major risk factor.

I’m actually A+ too. That would be crazy tho, if I got a transplant from someone on the internet lol. I was honestly joking when I said if anyone wanted to be a donor. I don’t really care what happens to me, I’ve pretty much made my peace with it. I just don’t know what to do because people want me to continue treatment. I’m on a bunch of drugs for autoimmune disease and immunosuppressant, which is making me sick and it’s also kind of painful. I just don’t feel like doing this bs anymore. The PM doesn’t even do anything for my pain. He says I’m a high risk for addiction, but like, wtf is he scared of lol.

@Lobita, how old are you btw if you don’t mind me asking? Also I know what you mean, I’ve got medical bills through the roof but somehow I’m always buying some “so called” friends lunch and shit.

Thank to everyone for the well wishes and thoughts.

I’m 28. I would absolutely be willing to help.
Things may be tough now, but they won’t always be that way. You’ve already got someone willing to help as soon as you posted. You just need the right people around you to encourage you to take one day at a time, and that you absolutely are worth it.

Please try to change that wording at least. For one, it is not true - you do care in how much pain and distress you will be. Maybe you have just wrote it to sound so cold but please don't give up on yourself. You could be amazed how many beautiful people this world has if you give life a chance to help you. I care for as many people as I can sympathise and at the moment you are one of the people who I hold in my mind and heart. Hope you truly get this message that you are as every bit important as any other human being. You matter.

look I get that you are just trying to give me encouragement and stuff, and no I didn’t write it to sound cold. I’m just saying it how it is. It’s really liberating actually when you know time is running out. I just hate all these cliches. I’ve been hearing time will heal and all the standard ones but nothing has changed, in fact, things have gotten significantly worse from breaking my back to this. I still appreciate you saying that I will be in your thoughts and everything. 🙏🏻

I’m 28. I would absolutely be willing to help.
Things may be tough now, but they won’t always be that way. You’ve already got someone willing to help as soon as you posted. You just need the right people around you to encourage you to take one day at a time, and that you absolutely are worth it.

Wow that’s so crazy that your 28 too. Honestly people on BL are way more empathetic, and sympathetic than most of the people in my life. My uncle stole a LOT of money from me when my grandpa died and he doesn’t want to help me with my bills at all, and he’s a millionaire, but then you have people on here who would give me a kidney without even knowing me. It honestly blows my mind. I guess there is good people in the world still, sometimes it makes me wonder in America lol.

Dialysis machines have evolved quite a bit in the last 10 years or so. Nowadays you can have a portable one which doesn't even take that much space and can be used everywhere. You have to use it just for 2 hours a day and if you do that your body functions just as well as if you had healthy kidneys. I mean you could do it while watching netflix, youtube or just browsing the web. You should def ask your doctor about it.

Dialysis machines have evolved quite a bit in the last 10 years or so. Nowadays you can have a portable one which doesn't even take that much space and can be used everywhere. You have to use it just for 2 hours a day and if you do that your body functions just as well as if you had healthy kidneys. I mean you could do it while watching netflix, youtube or just browsing the web. You should def ask your doctor about it.

yeah I’ve heard of those. I could probably do the portable one, but going to the hospital 4 days a week for 4 hours is just too depressing for me. I mean at that point, I’m not really living, I’m alive, but not living if that’s any sense. It’s also hard for me to sit still anywhere because I’ve had 3 back surgeries, including two fusions so I’m always fidgeting and stuff. I’ll definitely see if that would be a possibility tho, but I appreciate the tip man. 🙏🏻

I was going to make a different thread in other drugs or something, but since this one is already going, and you know my backstory for the most part, I guess I’ll ask it here.

since I always have back pain from 3 previous surgeries, I take 18-24 grams of kratom a day. I have not been able to find any information on this so my question is is it possible that kratom is damaging my kidneys?

my PC gives me 10 pills of oxy a month, which is basically like hitting the lottery considering my age and everything. I asked her about kratom and she said she hadn’t heard of it before, but upon looking it up she said it was 10x stronger than morphine.

I am going to quit smoking weed, but I can’t see myself quitting kratom as it really helps manage my back/kidney pain.

If anyone has any information can you please let me know.