• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids I’m a little concerned

jjeez

Bluelighter
Long story, short…

I had a horrible surgery, was bed ridden for 8 months ish….
The pain was unbearable, never felt anything like it. I was already on Oxycodone for chronic pain maintenance for a decade now but it was a very low dose. 5 to 15 mg a day total and was not every day. After the surgery, they ultimately upped me to 100mg a day.
At this post I became addicted or at least dependent. Then I got hit really hard emotionally in my life and my wife of 25 years and had 3 kids with, left me.. this was over a year and a half ago, we are still married but separated. I have been absolutely devastated, there has been no abuse or adultery that I’m aware of.

she basically completely tanked our finances and credit and walked away, she won’t even talk to me and I have zero understanding of what is going on or why.

I realize it makes no sense and sounds like I’m bullshittimg you but I’m not.

I cousins handle it and I started to self medicate and abuse the oxy, including, eventually when I no longer got a high, I started buying online from someone. I honestly at that point, didn’t care what happened to me. If I got a tent pill and died, oh well, I wanted to die anyways.
I have since realized how foolish I was being and have started to turn my attitude around. I have tried to get off of it entirely, started out cold turkey and thought I was going to die 😢😂🤣
I can now go a few weeks without it and being really sick but I posted about tapering but have no done it yet.
I’m kinda scared to, I don’t know how I’ll deal with things if I’m off of it.

Here is the real question…

I think the fake stuff is slightly stronger than the real pills I get from the dr. I can’t be for sure….I m paying for “clean” pills but clearly they are not from big pharma so I am paying a lot, $2,200 for 100. I hope I’m allowed I say that…if not I can edit and remove it, I apologize if I’m doing the wrong thing here.

It’s expensive, obviously, I was offered the I don’t give a fuck what’s in it pills for cheap but these are supposed to be clean…is this legit? Anyone else experience this? Now I don’t want to die but I can’t just stop. I REALLY want to work on it.
Any idea what’s in something like this? Am I just being a dumbass?
I’m supposed to get a drug test from my dr soon to stay on the scripts, they want to make sure I’m not doing the very thing I’m doing 😢.
Is there such a thing as “clean counterfeit pills” or am I just a moron who is going to die at any day from fentanyl? I know a lot of you are very knowledgeable and can help me, thank you so much.
I’m sorry it’s so long.

there is almost zero chance your counterfeit pills are oxycodone. paying $2.2k for 100 of them is crazy, especially if your finances are otherwise in ruin.

it would be a shame if you lost your script over fent. you are overwhelmed with problems. first step is to get those fake pills out of your life. you can make it on your script alone.

you'll get depressed, have trouble sleeping and eating, feel like it's not worth it. that starts fading after a week. after two weeks, you're through and dealing only with residual. dropping down to a maintenance dose is way easier than tapering down to zero. this is far from an insurmountable problem.

drug test sites might say fentanyl is detectable for only a few days. that's not true with chronic use. get rid of it asap so you can take this drug test in a few weeks. order test strips to see when you're good. make sure the test strips are for urine, not the harm reduction ones for testing drugs.

there is almost zero chance your counterfeit pills are oxycodone. paying $2.2k for 100 of them is crazy, especially if your finances are otherwise in ruin.

it would be a shame if you lost your script over fent. you are overwhelmed with problems. first step is to get those fake pills out of your life. you can make it on your script alone.

you'll get depressed, have trouble sleeping and eating, feel like it's not worth it. that starts fading after a week. after two weeks, you're through and dealing only with residual. dropping down to a maintenance dose is way easier than tapering down to zero. this is far from an insurmountable problem.

drug test sites might say fentanyl is detectable for only a few days. that's not true with chronic use. get rid of it asap so you can take this drug test in a few weeks. order test strips to see when you're good. make sure the test strips are for urine, not the harm reduction ones for testing drugs.
Thank you for the reply…this will be my goal.
Can you tell me where to get those test strips? I’m not sure what I’m looking for?

I feel like since I have had well over a thousand of these or more, I would have died by now….if they had felt that is

If they are blue and have an M on them, then they are almost guaranteed to be fentanyl. There are no clean counterfeit pills. At least, none that contain oxycodone.

Fentanyl isn't all that lethal to those with a heavy tolerance. If it was, there wouldn't such a massive market for it.

You are in a tough spot. You might consider going on methadone because what you are describing is unsustainable.

Don't lose your script, first of all if fail a test the first time, they may not say anything, depending on your doctor he might wait till you fail 2 or more times.( seriously, I will not get into how I know this, but if ain't prescribed to me, even if it ain't schedule, but is a perscription drug or worse illegal, I will not go anywhere near it. Take my advice seriously, unless it has been prescribed to you or it is OTC, don't take it( I mean anything illegal or perscription that has not been perscibeded to you. Even non- schedule perscriptions that you haven't ever had( or in last 2 years))!!!!. One of the last things a person in your situation wants to happen is to have your doctor cut you off.

Also you will want to watch out for taking larger quantities of drugs prescribed to you.
Do you live in America and does your doctor make you take a piss test every month? Watch out, depending on the testing, they have gotten real good at figuring stuff out!

Holy shit man! 2.2k for a hundred of "clean" counterfeit pills! I'd suggest a suboxone quick taper or get on the methadone program. No shame in that. Tackling the root cause of our addiction is paramount to success.
I've seen seasoned vets taken out by clean counterfeit pills....like been on Boi for 4 decades.

Thanks everyone, I am going to get off these things asap and work on trying to manage the script.

I guess I can’t tell my dr the truth eh?

I am from the US, Philly suburbs for those that asked.