• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hysingla 20mg (ER Hydrocodone)

kurt_cocaine

Bluelighter
I've got access to these new Hysinglas and I've never seen/used them before. I know the main deterent is its extremely hard outer coating. They may be hard to break, but that's never stopped me before. What I'm having trouble understanding is if there is anything else other than the hard coating which makes this abuse proof. They supposedly gel when in contact with water so I figured I'd just gelcap the powder after crushing and swallow. If I do that wont they just gel in my stomach? Or does it react differently to stomach acid than water? I've never really understood how the gelling effect in ER pills work in relation to stomach acid. Any help would be appreciated because I can't find any answers online. Due to tolerance I haven't had hydrocodone in forever and id love to take some without the threat of tylenol. However if the ER is hard to get around I'm just gonna save them for WDs.

Since there's very little info out there and no one replied I guess ill describe how I went about it for oral ingestion:

Items needed:
Hysingla pills
Sharp knife with long blade
Paper plate
Hard surface

Put your pills on the plate one at a time. Make a small slit down the middle of the pill. With the blade inside the slit push down HARD on the blade until pill splits in half. These things are VERY hard and durable all the way through (think Concerta strong with the insides of an Oxy OP). From there you have to cut each piece in half over and over until you have it down to at least 1/8th size chunks. I personally cut them down to about 1/16ths as the more surface area visible the faster it'll break down in your stomach. I took me about 15 minutes worth of cutting to prepare 4 20mg pills for ingestion. Its a bitch to cut these things up and the smaller you make the chunks the more likely they are to fly off the plate. Once they're down to tiny pieces you can swallow them. I drank tea with lots of lemon juice to speed up absorption.

The pills take about an hour to start working. Its feels very much like chewing up an OP. Slow and smooth come up, longer lasting euphoria than normal, and it personally lasted me 5+ hours before I started coming down. I'm not sure they can be IVd/snorted as the pill is very waxy like a hardened glue. I know this isn't rocket science, but I wanted people to know it can be done. Please be careful when trying this. The ER effect can't be 100% bypassed and taking too large a dose could end badly.

Hydrocodone is dangerous to iv in pure form anyway, so no they can't be IVd. They sound a lot better than the APAP combo pills, I'd probably still be into hydro if I could get those.

Hysingla Question

Hey guys, I know this post is a tad dated but just a fast question I went from hydros 7/500 among this and that like trams and oxys but mostly hydros. anyway my doc but me on hyslinga 40mg 1x a day ..unaltered they suck I even took two in one day so 80 mg and just like barley anything... so yesterday I took a knife to one of the 40s cut through the hard grey top plastic or whatever then took heavy duty kitchen shears and cut it in half from there and yes one half fell to the floor and the other half hit the wall 15 feet away...lol anyway so yes it can be done .. there 40mg pills do u think I should cut them in 4ths or I dunno just need opinion I've got a bit of a tolerance not crazy high but I don't wanna over do it bc I never in my life have had hydrocodone without apap.....thanks guys.

Also let me save you some trouble , I am a 10 year opioid off and on user from a horrific car wreck so yes I know I should not cut them ..let's just move past that .......thanks

It's only the super hard cover that hard to break ... everything else is just hydro city.
Just portion right.

The gelling is to prevent people from snorting it. If you crush and capsule it you have the best chance of getting it into your system the fastest. Taking it orally is your best bet. Stomach acid won't matter for this one. If you want to increase the effect take it with a couple of TUMS. This speeds up gastric emptying.

Few questions.....

Will a pill cutter work just as well?
Can't you just chew up 1/2 of it? Why does it have to be such small pieces?

Few questions.....

Will a pill cutter work just as well?
Can't you just chew up 1/2 of it? Why does it have to be such small pieces?

Yes. I took a whole 100mg at about 4 am. Its now 11 am and I got another 100. I decided I better not take the whole thing so close to the first one so I went to cut it. Holy shit! I felt like I needed Thor to use the pill cutter. So using the power of science here's how you use a pill cutter to split this ungodly hard pill :

1. Put the pill in as you would any other.
2. It will stop the cutter and look like it wont cut which is somewhat true because the pill is so thick it only cuts half way deep.
3. Open cutter and pill should be stuck to the razor.
4. Remove pill and replace it right back in the slot as if you were gonna cut it but flip it over to the side that hasnt been cut into.
5. Push down on the cutter once again and keep doing it until you hear a loud snap.

The pill at this point will be structurally weakened from being cut half into from the first cut that it makes it easier to cut.

WARNING : DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF THESE. I took the half with a full from 8 hours ago and Im pretty frosty right now. I honestly hope I havnt fucked up because in truth I am on my "detox days" which are usually at the end of the month. I use 12 mg of suboxone taken 4 ever 8 hours a day plus immodium and vitamin b3 and I rarely have DT's from it save for slight chills and the lead legs which are manageable and get better each day. My damn pal came by ( hes a good friend but bad if you want to detox lol ) and said "here dude i got these try em!"

Question: if I'm used to taking 40mg of hydrocodone IR , can I take my new prescription of 20mg hyslinga ER- cut in half and take and be okay? Or should I just take the half? Thanks!

Yes you can chew half. I have 40mg and cut it up and ate half and it didn't do shit for me. Gunna get back on regular hydros