• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Hypothetical research chemical question.

Michaelritchie30

Greenlighter
Say some company decided to create a new stimulant used to treat obesity, but what they ended up with was a real monster of a drug. This drug possessed two to three times the affinity for dopamine receptors as MDPV and was also a potent dopamine releaser. For some odd reason it was actually a norepinephrine antagonist. It has a serotonin reuptake ability halfway between dxm and mdma. It also has a high affinity for both gaba a and gaba b receptors and binds to mu opioid receptors about doubly as well as morphine. Now lets say this stimulant made it to the streets. What type of effects could be expected from this drug? Would even insufflating a bump of this drug be potentially deadly? How addictive do you think this research chemical would be?

It could possibly be deadly to use if no one's used it of course and if no one has used it do not attempt without the ability to start in the microdosage range. It could also have a really strong binding profile at the mu so if you overdose it can't be reversed by conventional antagonists.

Just do not let it get to the streets if you manage to obtain it. Keep it to yourself and never share out of saftey concern for others. Report any effects to the company if you think you won't get fired, but really if someone gets their hand on a compound like this that no one else even knows the chemicals composition as well with its neuroactivity effect.

Be careful, be safe, and most of all educate yourself before you have fun as not doing so could cost you your life.

Edit: Ha didn't realize it was a hypothetical Q

Last edited:
There's plenty of other variables that would have to go into the equation, but if it was in hcl form, snorting it would be highly addictive and euphoric. Long term use would most likely cause depression.

- Hopeless Soul

Plain DA agonist/releasers that lack NE releasing capability are not really stimulating like you'd think. So expect something closer to pethidine plus barbiturates plus GHB.

That sort of spray of receptor binding is very very unlikely to be seen though, it is statistically unlikely to have a drug which is a DA/5HT releaser, alpha-adrenergic antagonist, GABA-A/B agonist, mu opioid agonist all with good efficacy, and also good BA... in any case, it'd be a tough one to dose. WHat with the obvious combined sedative targets.

^ Dosing complications cant be stressed enough! Microdoses could have severe side effects.

- hs

This drug sounds like every drug I've ever been addicted to in one little package. I can't imagine a stimulant thats also a gabaergic and mu agonist. It would probably be a horrible thing if this hypothetical drug hit the streets, everyone would be blacked out and tweaking while suffering from serotonin syndrome.

I liked speedballs with a couple xanax thrown in. This just seems to be too much of a good thing.

Ide probably end up dieing from trying to IV a dose that is way too much for me tk handle.

@ Electricmoon, we have no idea where this is coming from! Lol I wonder if he is trying to develop a chemical with these properties, which would be borderline crazy, or if he was just curious about how a chemical like that would affect people. I'm leaning towards the latter, since he did use the word "hypothetical", and the pharmacology and metabolization process would be near impossible..

- Hopeless Soul