• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hypnotic Effects??

iksaxophone

Bluelighter
Anyone get a hypnotic effect from stimulants? I have VERY high response to caffeine, and instead of finding myself focussed and productive when I work I am easily drawn into staring at random objects, and losing myself in trains of thought. Not unlike cannabis, except with a lesser effect on my field of vision.

No but when combined with muscle relaxers in absurd doses I have hallucinated.

This sounds like how i used to be when i was using caffeine while crazy tired. It would leave me in this stimulated fog where i could stare at objects for minutes, just completely zoning out. I have stopped using caffeine for a few years now because of this (and the fact that it didnt help with my anxiety), but you may be in the same position.

I have adhd and that happens to me all the time while sober. Stimulants actually help me with that, but my preferred stimulants are amphetamines. I do get lost in thought on stimulants though, or at least it feels like it because I can actually keep a train of thought going (otherwise I'm just jumping from thought to thought).

I get the same effect from caffeine that headhigh describes too, but also only when I'm really tired. I think it's the tiredness that does it more so than the caffeine. Caffeine stimulates my body but not really my mind, at least not that effectively, so the result is that I stay awake physically but mentally I often check out.