• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

hypertension (high-blood pressure) and an abnormally high heart-rate; the dangers

pisspotnrock

Bluelighter
although I scroll though these forums every now n then, its been a while since I posted..

anyway, I have recently been diagnosed with bullshit high blood-pressure and heart rate.. the shink thinks its genetic/a primary cause (and I bloody hope it is) but I still have my doubts that it might be a secondary cause as I am still only 21 :! if you cant be fucked reading the fullstory, skip to the TLDR...

the only way I found out about this is because I started brick-paving recently and about 2 hours into work on any givin day, I would get these INSANE headaches at the back of my head which would very strangely and instantly disappear if I layed my head (not whole body) horizontally :? otherwise it would take about 10-20 minutes after stopping work before they quickly subsided... I had always assumed they were tension headaches (although I NEVER get/had heachaches prior to this, other than when I would have an LSD induced laughing fit that would last 10 minutes ++ lol).. I mean, I dont even get headaches from the filthiest hangover so it did have me a bit worried

anyway, first visit to the GP showed my BP @ 170/fuck-knows (I never rememeber the second number in the reading lol) with a heart rate of 120 BPM 8( and this wasnt a white-coat situation, I was calm as fuck at the time).. anywho, he then prescibed me lisinopril @5mg, a very low dose, to see if that would help with the headaches.. well it didnt, and whilst on the 5mg lisinopril, my BP would still sit anywhere between 140-165 whilst at rest with a heart rate of 110-120 8o

after having a 24 hour BP monitor put on, I decided to check my BP/HR after goin for a 10 minute light jog (keep in mind I'm still on the 5mg lisinopril) and guess what it hit...? BP of 194 with a HR of 172 8o8o8(

after my GP got the report back from the cardiologist, I was prescribed 50mg of metoprolol once a day ontop of 5mg lisinopril.. my heart rate, at resting, now sits at 80-90BPM with a BP ranging from 140-160 which I'm still not happy with but my GP seems to think thats fine (to the uninformed, you BP should be around 120 with a HR of 70 give or take).. I still dont know what my BP/HR is elavating to during exertion which worries me and obviously my GP thinks my heachaches are caused by all this even know all this medaction isnt making a single difference... I should also mention, I dont even get headaches when I go for a moderate cardio/muscular workout :? its only when I'm doin hard labouring such as digging bulk trenches/laying pavers for hours straight (oh, and laughing for extending periods of time)

I should also mention I sweat EXCESSIVELY, but only from my head/forehead, back of neck n if that bad, centre chest.. I mean, itll be 10 degrees outside and Ill be pouring buckets from mild/moderate labour.. hell, sometimes when Im just chillin and its 20-25 degrees give or take...

TLDR; I am on 5mg lisinopril and 50mg of metoprolol once daily for high blood pressure/heart-rate.. my bp, at rest, ranges from 140-160 and my HR ranges from 80-90 but both go considerably higher during exertion.. being a recreational drug user, I really need to know what drugs are safe for me to consume from here on in and may there be any negative interactions with combining my medication with recreational drugs?

the only drugs I am really interested in are alcohol, cannabis, methamphetamine, MDMA, LSD, benzoes and 'opium'/heroin/morphine/oxy...

I know I have to erraticate meth completely due to its fucked up side effect such as cardio-vasuclar restriction and whatnot.. MDMA worries me a bit to due to similar reasons but at the end of the day, I can live without them two (would still love to indulge in MDMA every now n then, Im happy to fuck meth off completely).. I've been off the buds for a month now n only plan on smoking once in a blue-moon but am curious to whether I should or not? I know alcohols bad for BP but to be honest, I cant see myself giving it up, ever... as far as my complete lack of knowledge goes, benzoes n opiates should be fine but I am really curious about psychedelics as they are the only true recreational drugs (although I only use them a handful of times per year) that I thougherly appreciate, respect and enjoy

also, if anyone has any idea what might be cause my BP/HR problems, PLEASE feel free to let us know what you think.. Im open to any and every suggestion you guys may have...

any advice, knowledge or/and experiances on this whole subject would be greatly appreciated because its not something I'm willing to discuss with my GP.. thanks in advance

after I get the whole drug interaction/whats safe n whats not sorted, I would greatly appreciate if one of the mods would move this thread to healthy living (ofcourse after I edit out all the drug references) so I can get some second opinions on my medical conditions.. thanks...

Last edited:
I would steer clear from MDMA, I've induced a panic attack from it when my heart rate went up fast before. Probably not the safest thing for you.

Ok...

As someone who has high blood pressure and heart rate problems, I feel I can help. Although older than yourself (early 30s) it doesn't really matter.

Your BP seriously needs to be controlled, fast. Perindopril 8mg should knock it down to a borderline level and stop the headaches. Lisinopril is very mild, considering your ultra high BP, I find it odd your GP prescribed it.

Your resting heart rate whilst using metoprolol seems ok, but shouldn't be spiking that high while exercising. Atenolol 50mg once daily (mornings) will help that.

I'm no doctor so don't go online buying meds, this is only advice from someone who has dealt with this situation for 5 years +

Now for the drugs... Again, my word is only my thoughts from research etc... Cannabis should not do much to either, it will lower your BP once the come up is over, however, until you have your BP more consistent I'd be staying off everything. I find that if everything (BP, heart rate etc) is under TOTAL control, stimulants are ok. I had a massive coke binge which lasted 6 months last year, however since stopping, my heart is a little worse for wear and I'm a tad hypersensitive to all stimulants including caffeine. So... Try and steer clear from stimulants and save that for special occasions. Meth do NOT do, MDMA, LSD, DMT, and similar I would stay away from. Although coke is bad, these I have found to really mess up your BP and BPM rate, for a long time after use (personal experience).

Alcohol will do nothing but raise your BP and BPM, avoid if possible, or at the very least, moderation.

Question, do you differ anxiety or panic disorder? Your high BP and BPM could be related to that? It may be psychologically related, so please speak to your doctor if you have these feelings.

If you don't know much about what meds work hand in hand with what, don't experiment, be honest and ask your GP.

If I can give more advice, feel free to ask. I'll give advice where I can.

Be safe.

One important thing is that beta blockers like metoprolol are contraindicated with drugs like methamphetamine and cocaine. Used together there's evidence they actually raise blood pressure and increase the risk of consequences like a heart attack. It's counter intuitive - I was pescribed beta blockers for anxiety and when getting meth induced anxiety I thought a beta blocker may help, but I had a look online before combining the two and found out all this shit. This bit from wikipedia goes into why they're contraindicated a bit:

Beta blockers must not be used in the treatment of cocaine, amphetamine, or other alpha-adrenergic stimulant overdose. The blockade of only beta receptors increases hypertension, reduces coronary blood flow, left ventricular function, and cardiac output and tissue perfusion by means of leaving the alpha-adrenergic system stimulation unopposed.

I know you said you wouldn't be doing meth anyway but I thought I'd throw that out there. I can't help you with anything else, but I hope it gets resolved soon...

Pisspotnrock, sorry to hear about your medical issues mate, that would be some pretty scary and concerning stuff to be going through.

I don't have any experience with high blood pressure or resting heart rate, to me it would be common sense to stay away from stimulants for the most part though. This includes shit like caffeine and energy drinks too.

AS13 can I ask why you would say occasional cocaine use is okay and meth use is completely off limits? Obviously your personal experience is a factor, but as I understand it cocaine is very cardio toxic, more so than meth or MDMA or most common stimulants are. Sometimes just because something doesn't feel that unhealthy does not mean it isn't doing damage. I am not saying your advice is wrong, I just think it is an important point to note on a HR forum that cocaine is generally considered to be quite a bit more cardio toxic than amphetamines, generally speaking.

I've unapproved some posts for now so this thread doesn't get derailed. Abuse is never tolerated here - please keep it civil and keep to the topic at hand.

That sounds pretty scary pisspot; you're a lively young feller, so I hope you can find an effective, safe treatment without too much complication.
Take care of yourself, man - as you say in the ciggie thread, steering clear of the ol' coffin nails is well advised under these (or any) circumstances.
Stay healthy and get better, mate!

Last edited:
When I went for a flu shot a while back the doc said it was too short a visit and said he'd like to check my BP and strapped one of those things around my arm and pushed the blow up thing till it started to get really tight and nearly hurt, then he waited and checked and said that seems pretty high let me check that again, and then did the thing again and then said yeah you have high BP and possible hypertension, is there any others in your family that have it? I was like I dunno, I'd have to ring and ask. He said it's concerning and said I'd like you to go for a blood test, so the in the next few days I did and they sent it back to the doc and he never called me back. So I guess it was nothing to worry about. But I was wondering if they got you to do a blood test and checked those results?

poledriver, these doctors are nuts. Your blood pressure fluctuates all the time. Its especially high at certain times of the day particularly in the afternoon. I seen so many doctors cry hypertension on one reading, but I but if you had your own tester and took a reading when you first woke up it would be completely normal or be suffering low BP.

sorry for the late reply guys, havnt been online for a few days...

I would steer clear from MDMA, I've induced a panic attack from it when my heart rate went up fast before. Probably not the safest thing for you.

thanks for the response, ill keep it in mind although I'm more interested in the actually physical change in BP/HR from the drug itself besides via panic induced.. although you did mention it was you're heart rate that cause the panic attack?

Ok...

As someone who has high blood pressure and heart rate problems, I feel I can help. Although older than yourself (early 30s) it doesn't really matter.

Your BP seriously needs to be controlled, fast. Perindopril 8mg should knock it down to a borderline level and stop the headaches. Lisinopril is very mild, considering your ultra high BP, I find it odd your GP prescribed it.

Your resting heart rate whilst using metoprolol seems ok, but shouldn't be spiking that high while exercising. Atenolol 50mg once daily (mornings) will help that.

I'm no doctor so don't go online buying meds, this is only advice from someone who has dealt with this situation for 5 years +

Now for the drugs... Again, my word is only my thoughts from research etc... Cannabis should not do much to either, it will lower your BP once the come up is over, however, until you have your BP more consistent I'd be staying off everything. I find that if everything (BP, heart rate etc) is under TOTAL control, stimulants are ok. I had a massive coke binge which lasted 6 months last year, however since stopping, my heart is a little worse for wear and I'm a tad hypersensitive to all stimulants including caffeine. So... Try and steer clear from stimulants and save that for special occasions. Meth do NOT do, MDMA, LSD, DMT, and similar I would stay away from. Although coke is bad, these I have found to really mess up your BP and BPM rate, for a long time after use (personal experience).

Alcohol will do nothing but raise your BP and BPM, avoid if possible, or at the very least, moderation.

Question, do you differ anxiety or panic disorder? Your high BP and BPM could be related to that? It may be psychologically related, so please speak to your doctor if you have these feelings.

If you don't know much about what meds work hand in hand with what, don't experiment, be honest and ask your GP.

If I can give more advice, feel free to ask. I'll give advice where I can.

Be safe.

thank you very much for your detailed response, its good to hear from someone-else who has high BP/HR issuses..

ill take you're recommendations into mind although theres no way in the world ill be asking my GP about these medications due to the fact itll raise red-flags as to why I think this drug/dose would be appropriate for me.. nor will I be willingly going to purchase these meds online... (as you stated not for me to do, I'm just putting it out there.. but as I said I REALLY appreciate what you have recommended, its a matter of getting a referral to a cardiologist from here n sussing out what will work for me from there)

cannabis isnt so much the problem for me, nor are stims.. not only can I NEVER afford coke, I have only used it four times (shouted) in my life (twice being the SHIT, fish scale quality where half a point blew me away [thats coming from an IV meth user] and the other two times, being shit house where it did nothing...)

its actually MDMA, LSD and DMT (+mushrooms and opiates) thatll I'll be indulging in thats what I'm worried about.. I'm seriously over all kinds of stims (besides the occasional MDMA).. would really like to hear from more people about these drugs and high BP/HR...

yes I do suffer from anxiety but I'm more of a hypochondriac more than anything lol but still have GAD to some (lesser) extent... this has nothing to do with my BP/HR, I (and my GP) can garentee you that...

I'll PM you soon dude, once I have a echoe sound done n get a refferal to a cardiologist.. really dig your advice in the mean time but man :)

One important thing is that beta blockers like metoprolol are contraindicated with drugs like methamphetamine and cocaine. Used together there's evidence they actually raise blood pressure and increase the risk of consequences like a heart attack. It's counter intuitive - I was pescribed beta blockers for anxiety and when getting meth induced anxiety I thought a beta blocker may help, but I had a look online before combining the two and found out all this shit. This bit from wikipedia goes into why they're contraindicated a bit:

I know you said you wouldn't be doing meth anyway but I thought I'd throw that out there. I can't help you with anything else, but I hope it gets resolved soon...

I fuckin wish I knew that before last saturday.. had my first taste of meth in 2 months (4-5 huge hits on the pipe of some REALLY good rock) n my heart was goin ballistic (felt like it was skippin beats n had a wierd chest sensation) for 5 odd hours before I decided to take some metoprolol and a shitload of valium.. bad idea in heinsight I guess :( ohwell, I'm still alive n dont plan on ever touching meth again after that so yeah.. thank you VERY much for that info but, you very well could have saved life life if I were to do that in future

Pisspotnrock, sorry to hear about your medical issues mate, that would be some pretty scary and concerning stuff to be going through.

I don't have any experience with high blood pressure or resting heart rate, to me it would be common sense to stay away from stimulants for the most part though. This includes shit like caffeine and energy drinks too.

AS13 can I ask why you would say occasional cocaine use is okay and meth use is completely off limits? Obviously your personal experience is a factor, but as I understand it cocaine is very cardio toxic, more so than meth or MDMA or most common stimulants are. Sometimes just because something doesn't feel that unhealthy does not mean it isn't doing damage. I am not saying your advice is wrong, I just think it is an important point to note on a HR forum that cocaine is generally considered to be quite a bit more cardio toxic than amphetamines, generally speaking.

thanks for the concern dude, means alot..

good question on the whole meth/coke thing.. although I do believe meth would be much more taxing on the body than coke (this its goin purely of [IV] experience of meth appose to racking a small line of charlie, lol)

That sounds pretty scary pisspot; you're a lively young feller, so I hope you can find an effective, safe treatment without too much complication.
Take care of yourself, man - as you say in the ciggie thread, steering clear of the ol' coffin nails is well advised under these (or any) circumstances.
Stay healthy and get better, mate!

thanks for the kind words mate, you are right it quite scary for my age! but yeah, you're concern means alot to me dude :)

When I went for a flu shot a while back the doc said it was too short a visit and said he'd like to check my BP and strapped one of those things around my arm and pushed the blow up thing till it started to get really tight and nearly hurt, then he waited and checked and said that seems pretty high let me check that again, and then did the thing again and then said yeah you have high BP and possible hypertension, is there any others in your family that have it? I was like I dunno, I'd have to ring and ask. He said it's concerning and said I'd like you to go for a blood test, so the in the next few days I did and they sent it back to the doc and he never called me back. So I guess it was nothing to worry about. But I was wondering if they got you to do a blood test and checked those results?

I've had about 4 different blood tests, looking at about a dozen different things (ranging from diabetes to liver-function) and they still can't work out whats causing it (he thinks its genetic but I dont think thats the case as I have no prior family history or HBP).. long story short, if you havnt heard back from them, you're sure to be fine.. can you remember what your reading was?

(Admittedly not having thoroughly read all posts) You diastolic BP seems to high in all those cases (although there does seem to be huge flucuations :\ ). This may (randomly thinking here lol) indicate Portal Hypertension - very difficult to dx (especially based solely on BP readings) so unfortunately further diagnostic tests would be required. A decent number of abnormal BP/HR presentations are unfortunately ideopathic.

Probably couldn't add too much though; definitely get a referral to a cardiologist! Stay away from ALL stimulants (any serotonergic, dopaminergic or adrenergic classes of rec. drugs). Forum ddx's aren't exactly the best, lol.
(Not that Im recommending this for the OP specifically however) on the topic of beta-blocker alternatives; Clonidine, an alpha-2 adrenergic agonist, may be an alternative producing similar effects.

In terms of drugs such as cannabis, although not having a direct pharmacologic cardiological effect; any psychotropic drugs may[\I] induce psychosomatitism (in the worst case somatoform disease) - essentially your psychological state producing physiological effects. Anyone had a panic attack (increase HR, BP, etc.) from smoking cannabis?

...he thinks its genetic but I dont think thats the case as I have no prior family history or HBP....
Just FYI, a genetic disorder doesn't (necessarily) require a family history (genetic disorders != heredity/familial disorders). :)

One important thing is that beta blockers like metoprolol are contraindicated with drugs like methamphetamine and cocaine. Used together there's evidence they actually raise blood pressure and increase the risk of consequences like a heart attack.....

That's really interesting footscrazy! I wasn't aware of this.

2hx233s.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone had a panic attack (increase HR, BP, etc.) from smoking cannabis?

On numerous occassions. It heightens my already ever present anxiety, especially in certain situations such as being in an unfamiliar place, with unfamiliar people or large groups in general. I would often get panic attacks even when smoking alone due to extreme paranoia, hearing things and seeing things and such that made me think the world was out to get me. I had one particular panic attack that led me to beg my mate to call an ambulance because I thought I was dying - really, I convinced myself that I was dying from smoking marijuana. Thankfully after successfully beating my temporary insanity in a mental wrestling match, I had the ambulance cancelled. That would have been very awkward, although my heart was racing and I was overheating - which when confirmed by others was part of the reason for the panic.

Sounds terrible opi8! (although the question was rhetorical and in reference to the psychosomatic response possible with psychotropic drugs (which have no direct effect on organ x). But thanks for the story! :D I've been there too unfortunately. Main reason I haven't touched the stuff in years and years!

(Admittedly not having thoroughly read all posts) You diastolic BP seems to high in all those cases (although there does seem to be huge flucuations :\ ). This may (randomly thinking here lol) indicate Portal Hypertension - very difficult to dx (especially based solely on BP readings) so unfortunately further diagnostic tests would be required. A decent number of abnormal BP/HR presentations are unfortunately ideopathic.

Probably couldn't add too much though; definitely get a referral to a cardiologist! Stay away from ALL stimulants (any serotonergic, dopaminergic or adrenergic classes of rec. drugs). Forum ddx's aren't exactly the best, lol.
(Not that Im recommending this for the OP specifically however) on the topic of beta-blocker alternatives; Clonidine, an alpha-2 adrenergic agonist, may be an alternative producing similar effects.

In terms of drugs such as cannabis, although not having a direct pharmacologic cardiological effect; any psychotropic drugs may[\I] induce psychosomatitism (in the worst case somatoform disease) - essentially your psychological state producing physiological effects. Anyone had a panic attack (increase HR, BP, etc.) from smoking cannabis?

Just FYI, a genetic disorder doesn't (necessarily) require a family history (genetic disorders != heredity/familial disorders). :)

That's really interesting footscrazy! I wasn't aware of this.

2hx233s.jpg

thanks for the reply dude, was hoping someone like you with the knowledge of pharma. drugs and their interactions would chuck in their two cents..

ill be getting a referral to a cardiologist next week hopefully.. still gotta have an echoe sound done on my heart in the mean time (done whilst working out on a treadmill).. I've already had a couple of ECG's done which came up fine.. I just wanna really know whats causing this although at the moment, it seems that it very well likely could be Pheochromocytoma which has me quite worried :\ 8( done the blood n 24/hour urine test, just waiting for the results to come back (I literally have every symptom of it and more).. fingers crossed it isnt....

quick question for ya, if you can answer, would using strong and or mild opiates (ranging from morphine/hydromorphone to poppy pod/opium 'tea'), benzoes and psychedelics (mainly LSD, DMT and mushrooms.. but mainly LSD) play a role in spiking my BP or interacting with my current medications?

thanks in advance :)

....quick question for ya, if you can answer, would using strong and or mild opiates (ranging from morphine/hydromorphone to poppy pod/opium 'tea'), benzoes and psychedelics (mainly LSD, DMT and mushrooms.. but mainly LSD) play a role in spiking my BP or interacting with my current medications?....

Hmm, fingers crossed it's not PCC mate! I'm thinking of ya!

Regarding drug use? Honest opinion - especially during the diagnostic process, please stay away from all recreational drugs! Even if the drug does not directly effect any of cardio-/neruo-/vascular system, secondary effects may still cause issues, failing that psychosomatic effects. In the very least while you're undergoing diagnoses and if you're unable (eg, addiction) do mention this do your GP/specialists. In fact, I'd personally mention all previous/current (illicit) drug use, you won't get "in trouble" (you will get a lecture on how bad/the why nots/etc.) however you're not going to get the cops called you on and this will greatly help with any ddx or plan of attack for tx! (it really does help the specialist in providing you full and correct tx!).

Re drug interactions, I have no idea what drugs (illicit or otherwise) you're taking wouldn't (and tbh wouldn't as, even if I'm 100% correct, the risk of paradoxical/ADR occurring are a real possibility and I personally wouldn't want that hanging over my head! :\ ).

At the least, stay away from all psychedelics (LSD, 2Cx, DMT, psilocybin, etc.) or stimulants ([meth]amphets, cathinones, etc.) - anything serotonergic, adrenergic, dopaminergic - as these will produce direct effects on cardio function.

Basically, when it comes down to it, please see your doctor/specialist! Any questions (unrelated to the OP), feel free to PM me or one of the other well educated BLers here : opi8, drug_mentor, footscrazy or AyahuascaSeeker13 I know all know their shit! :)

Good luck with it all mate!

Problem with benzo's, beta blocker's and opiates is they all lower heart rate. The combination between any two could be fatal, adding a third is pushing it. Tread with caution if at all.

See a cardiologist, your GP can refer you. I'm putting it simply as if I start rambling about measuring cardiac function, stroke volume, ejection fraction etc it's going to be confusing. See a cardiologist they specialize in this kind of thing. GP's are great but they are not experts and you need to see a specialist.

Do not use amphetamines/cocaine/psychedelics at least until you have had a consult with a cardiologist and you know a bit more about what is going on, even then I'd strongly advise against this. Footscrazy has provided the info you need as to why this is a bad idea with beta blockers plus they all raise BP, heart rate, again I will not get technical, ask your specialist to explain it when you see them.

The bottom number (diastolic) is the really important one as it measures cardiac pressure when your heart is resting. If the diastolic is above 100 it is concerning, above say 120-140 is BAD requiring medication. Cardiac patients in a hospital setting often have a resting BP of say 220/160 as an example before treatment, often a stent/graft, a surgical procedure.

Last edited:
Problem with benzo's, beta blocker's and opiates is they all lower heart rate. The combination between any two could be fatal, adding a third is pushing it. Tread with caution if at all.

See a cardiologist, your GP can refer you. I'm putting it simply as if I start rambling about measuring cardiac function, stroke volume, ejection fraction etc it's going to be confusing. See a cardiologist they specialize in this kind of thing. GP's are great but they are not experts and you need to see a specialist.

Do not use amphetamines/cocaine/psychedelics at least until you have had a consult with a cardiologist and you know a bit more about what is going on, even then I'd strongly advise against this. Footscrazy has provided the info you need as to why this is a bad idea with beta blockers plus they all raise BP, heart rate, again I will not get technical, ask your specialist to explain it when you see them.

The bottom number (diastolic) is the really important one as it measures cardiac pressure when your heart is resting. If the diastolic is above 100 it is concerning, above say 120-140 is BAD requiring medication. Cardiac patients in a hospital setting often have a resting BP of say 220/160 as an example before treatment, often a stent/graft, a surgical procedure.

thanks for the reply dude, your posts on BL over the last couple of years have taught me alot..

my cardiologist appointment is booked for the 29th of Jan. which was the earliest (booked it 3 weeks ago) but Im more worried now about what very might well be causing...

my diastolic reading has rarely reached over 100 and I think the last checkup I had was ~80 give or take, minus the betablockers (didnt take em that morning) which I should also mention, my HR was 99BPM without em which is a good sign... (my systolic reading was still 140+)

and thanks for mentioning the opiates/benzoes thing with betablockers.. I will no longer take BB with opiates or benzoes from here on in (been IVing hydromorphone once or twice a week as of late, damn its one fine ass opioid)

Hmm, fingers crossed it's not PCC mate! I'm thinking of ya!

Regarding drug use? Honest opinion - especially during the diagnostic process, please stay away from all recreational drugs! Even if the drug does not directly effect any of cardio-/neruo-/vascular system, secondary effects may still cause issues, failing that psychosomatic effects. In the very least while you're undergoing diagnoses and if you're unable (eg, addiction) do mention this do your GP/specialists. In fact, I'd personally mention all previous/current (illicit) drug use, you won't get "in trouble" (you will get a lecture on how bad/the why nots/etc.) however you're not going to get the cops called you on and this will greatly help with any ddx or plan of attack for tx! (it really does help the specialist in providing you full and correct tx!).

Re drug interactions, I have no idea what drugs (illicit or otherwise) you're taking wouldn't (and tbh wouldn't as, even if I'm 100% correct, the risk of paradoxical/ADR occurring are a real possibility and I personally wouldn't want that hanging over my head! :\ ).

At the least, stay away from all psychedelics (LSD, 2Cx, DMT, psilocybin, etc.) or stimulants ([meth]amphets, cathinones, etc.) - anything serotonergic, adrenergic, dopaminergic - as these will produce direct effects on cardio function.

Basically, when it comes down to it, please see your doctor/specialist! Any questions (unrelated to the OP), feel free to PM me or one of the other well educated BLers here : opi8, drug_mentor, footscrazy or AyahuascaSeeker13 I know all know their shit! :)

Good luck with it all mate!

once again, thanks for your reply man..

without goin into detail, the blood and urine results have come up negative of PCC (although I still wanted the MRI done to be certain, decided against it in the end) but by the looks of it, I very well likley have pulmonary hypertension :( :(

not only do I have most symptoms of it, I have a considerably loud 2nd heart sound which has me worried as all fuck... not many other things can cause that can they? need to have an ECHO stess test (on a treadmill) done ASAP but its gonna set me back $700 which I cant afford it (I am still covered by HBF private, but they wont cover it) hence why I'm waiting to see the cardiologist.. fingers crossed ay because from what I've read, pulmonary hypertension has a fucked prognosis even with treatment :(

Last edited:
bump, my BP is once again reading 148/89 with BB'ers n BP meds.. also been getting a shortness of breathe over minimal exertion which has me worried :(

Last edited:
Scary stuff mate. I have zero experience after reading will borrow my dads BP machine to check mine just incase.

My heart rate is 65-75 at rest and 90-95 while on stimulants. Always had low blood pressure but it's been ages since I checked.

As others have said work closely with your doctor, be honest, stay away from drugs. Tell the people around you about what issues you've been having just incase they have to call an ambulance.

If you've got some problems with anxiety this stuff can be even tougher to deal with I bet. Good luck with the cardiologist, if anything changes before you see them contact your doctor. Thoughts are with you mate :) keep us updated.

good question on the whole meth/coke thing.. although I do believe meth would be much more taxing on the body than coke (this its goin purely of [IV] experience of meth appose to racking a small line of charlie, lol)

I have high blood pressure too and when I tried meth last both my eyeballs started bleeding. Whites of eyes were all blood. Not bleeding externally, contained within the eyeball. I was not able to see what blood pressure I had but I think must have been dangerously high, I have never had my eyeballs hemorrhage like that. I never did meth again, as I decided BP must have been so high I could have had a stroke or lost my eyesight.