• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Hyper adrenalized LTC

Fresnel

Bluelighter
Last year I used MDMA a lot, twice a week at peak, typically say 100-250mg then another 50-150mg later in evening, higher end when my tolerance was high. Also was using mephadrone, ketamine, 2CB, coke, but those all only occasionally. Then I learned about the dangers, as well as lost the magic, so cut right down to once every two months around October time. All seemed well and I assumed I'd got away with my usage.

Cut to April 2016 and the first festival of the year and I broke my own rule. Did kitty flipping day 1, and candy kitty flipping day 2, moderate doses. But ever since, from pretty much the day after, I've been a mess.

I basically feel like I've drunk 10 cups of coffee all the time. Palpitations, literally cannot sit still sometimes, twitchy, high BP. It's exhausting. I have cut out all drugs, even caffeine. Am eating super healthily, exercising. I do get sleep, though wake up a lot, usually with a jolt. Weirdly there is no emotional content to this. No anxiety. It's a purely physical thing.

Looking at others' stories I can find no similar stories of long term come downs. I wondered if anyone experienced this, knew of it, had any ideas of what to do.

Last edited:
Sorry I'm not sure you specified in your post - how long has it been since your last use?

Welcome to the slow burn of a long term MDMA comedown.

Firstly, never use MDMA again. You're beyond the point where you're risking serious and permanent health complications. I've never seen this before and I frequent this forum and have had extensive experience with MDMA and MDMA complications (Overdoses); that scares me. I advise you to see a doctor as soon as you can, and be completely honest with him. The conditions you describe here might require more intensive care than a typical long term comedown.

I hope you're okay <3

Welcome to the slow burn of a long term MDMA comedown.

Firstly, never use MDMA again. You're beyond the point where you're risking serious and permanent health complications. I've never seen this before and I frequent this forum and have had extensive experience with MDMA and MDMA complications (Overdoses); that scares me. I advise you to see a doctor as soon as you can, and be completely honest with him. The conditions you describe here might require more intensive care than a typical long term comedown.

I hope you're okay
Thanks!

Over the last two months there has been some improvement, so I'm going to wait a while before confessing all to the doctor. I generally feel psychological symptoms physically. Depression manifests itself in me as illness, for example, fatigue, aches and pains, stomach upset, headaches, all the while my mind seems fine. I'm basically Mr Psychosomatic. So my thinking is this is my version of extreme anxiety.

Thought of MDMA sickens me tbh. After a long period of clean living I would like to do psychedelics and ketamine again. But that's for another year.

Last edited:
Last year I used MDMA a lot, twice a week at peak, typically say 100-250mg then another 50-150mg later in evening, higher end when my tolerance was high. Also was using mephadrone, ketamine, 2CB, coke, but those all only occasionally. Then I learned about the dangers, as well as lost the magic, so cut right down to once every two months around October time. All seemed well and I assumed I'd got away with my usage.

Cut to April 2016 and the first festival of the year and I broke my own rule. Did kitty flipping day 1, and candy kitty flipping day 2, moderate doses. But ever since, from pretty much the day after, I've been a mess.

I basically feel like I've drunk 10 cups of coffee all the time. Palpitations, literally cannot sit still sometimes, twitchy, high BP. It's exhausting. I have cut out all drugs, even caffeine. Am eating super healthily, exercising. I do get sleep, though wake up a lot, usually with a jolt. Weirdly there is no emotional content to this. No anxiety. It's a purely physical thing.

Looking at others' stories I can find no similar stories of long term come downs. I wondered if anyone experienced this, knew of it, had any ideas of what to do.

Based on the reported etiology (progression), you did not have any symptoms after the acute change in use from twice weekly to twice monthly -- but 6 months later after a teensy tiney bit of use you think that caused it?

1. Did you test it with multiple reagents? It could have been anything -- and that anything could be the cause.

2. Your symptoms are consistent with symptoms of a tumor on the adrenal cortex. Go see a doctor.

3. Were you on benzos (xanax, valium, quazepam etc) for sleep and or anxiety and recently quit? -- That would cause your symptoms.

4. You symptoms are also totally consistent with alcohol withdrawal. Did you recently , or in the last month quit drinking or drastically cut consumption.?

Based on the reported etiology (progression), you did not have any symptoms after the acute change in use from twice weekly to twice monthly -- but 6 months later after a teensy tiney bit of use you think that caused it?

1. Did you test it with multiple reagents? It could have been anything -- and that anything could be the cause.

2. Your symptoms are consistent with symptoms of a tumor on the adrenal cortex. Go see a doctor.

3. Were you on benzos (xanax, valium, quazepam etc) for sleep and or anxiety and recently quit? -- That would cause your symptoms.

4. You symptoms are also totally consistent with alcohol withdrawal. Did you recently , or in the last month quit drinking or drastically cut consumption.?

Thanks for the reply.

1. No. Though from a batch used before with effects always consistent with MDMA.

2. There are some major signs missing from both pheochromocytoma, (no headache, no sweating, not episodes of ~1 hour), and Cushings. Hyperthyroidism is probably much more likely for a non drug cause, as is a psychological cause, but on reflection I should go to the doctors.

3. I've had a total of 20mg of valium in the last 6 months.

4. No. I've barely drunk since Christmas, and drank moderately prior to that.

I'm wondering whether the acid brought to the surface some psychological issues. As I said, I tend to get psychosomatic illness a lot. Typically in me psychological problems get expressed as physical ones.

PS etiology means cause of a disease, you mean the history.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.

PS etiology means cause of a disease, you mean the history.

No I meant etiology, perhaps I should have said reported suspected etiology.

It was quite clear you believed the putative cause of your symptoms was/is your drug use.

I suspect, but it would be silly to have definite beliefs. My post reported history and signs/symptoms separately, without drawing conclusions, but perhaps a question mark in the title would have been better