• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids hyoscyamine for opiate withdrawal??

ksralyv2mch

Bluelighter
Recently I came into some hyoscyamine .125mg pills. I do not want to use them for any recreation purpose or whatever but stumbling across my research of them I found on wikipedia that::

Hyoscyamine is an antagonist of muscarinic acetylcholine receptors (antimuscarinic). It blocks the action of acetylcholine at parasympathetic sites in sweat glands, salivary glands, stomach secretions, heart muscle, sinoatrial node, smooth muscle in the gastrointestinal tract, and the central nervous system. It increases cardiac output and heart rate, lowers blood pressure, dries secretions.[1] It may antagonize serotonin.
- Wikipedia::Hyoscyamine

Now for me personally when I go through opiate withdrawal I sweat so much that it looks like I went swimming and my mouth over salivates and causes me to become nauseated by my own spit if I swallow it because it becomes "too thick" and I feel like I have something constantly stuck in my throat, some nasty mucus and if I swallow ANYTHING I end up dry heaving bile for the next 5 minutes straight...

TL;DR: Can Hysocyamine help with opiate withdrawal in the sense of controlling the sweating and salivating and body chill effects? Anyone chime in on this please?? My saliva is keeping my from getting clean :-(

It could, but you should keep the dose low... higher doses of hyoscyamine can mae you feel pretty strange.

Yeah I was just thinking the recommended dose (1 pill) purely for symptomatic reasons.

What do I got to lose right?

I was on hyoscyamine for a GI tract issue last year...maybe it'll help, but take as prescribed. They helped my GI tract a bit until I had a double scope to find the cause of bleeding. I had an infection in the large intestine. They may help...

New here!

How did this work for you. I have a script for this and am currently detoxing off opiates yet again. Did u find this drug helpful for the sweating and other symptoms? I?m new here, my first post so I hope I?m doing this correctly. This post is old so I?m not sure if anyone will even see my question but would love a response or any info related to.
Thanks so much !

New here!

How did this work for you. I have a script for this and am currently detoxing off opiates yet again. Did u find this drug helpful for the sweating and other symptoms? I?m new here, my first post so I hope I?m doing this correctly. This post is old so I?m not sure if anyone will even see my question but would love a response or any info related to.
Thanks so much !
This is my first post also lol
I'm not sure about the hyoscyamine but the one thing that's helped a TON that I can't imagine WDs without is Clonidine. Basically completely takes away the sweating for me and helps w anxiety/insomnia as well. I can't take the week off training to WD unfortunately and have had to train physically every morning for hours for the sport i do professionally... while WDing from a 300mg oxy a day habit. Clonidine, wellbutrin (antidepressant and smoking cessation, fun fact this alone will SAVE you during ADDERALL WD) immodium obviously, and lowest dose of ritalin for energy i do not have (do NOT try w adderall) in the AM to get me through it. After i take benzos gabapentin and more clonidine.
Thats my formula and whats made opiate WD doable.. just feel super tired, but able to sleep a lot thanks to clonidine especially if add a benzo, only time I'm sweating a lot is when i first wakeup after sleeping a while/havent had clonidine yet, and stomach fucked up but immodium keeps me from shutting myself, and occasionally have bouts of rls but gabapentin/clonidine help it so much
clonidine is very easy to get a script for since not controlled and prescribed off label for insomnia and apparently adhd too?! but is actually a blood pressure medication. I get the extended release for insomnia and i.highly recommended it for anyone in opiate WD. Also,gabapentin is pretty easy to get prescribed also.
Hope this helps someone!!!! I'm picking up hyoscyamine tomorrow bc I got a script.. interested to see if that helps at all.

I imagine traditional choices like Clonidine (Catapres) or Gabapentin (Neurontin) are better choices than Hyoscamine. The side effects with this drug are prety well-documented and they get more severe the higher the dose. It might be effective medicine for other ailments of a more mild nature. When you're medicating a brutal sickness like Opioid withdrawal, these mild options often don't cut it and then the natural inclination is to increase the dosage. I think it could be helpful, but I doubt it's a true solution.

This all would coincide with medications for nausea like Ondansetron (Zofran) or if you're me, Cannabis which I consider to be a great all-around medication for Opioid withdrawal as it helps with anxiety, sleep and nausea.

I only tried it in a combo with a poppy tea and it added something to the high for sure so I can imagine it can somewhat help with WDs too. Might be good for pain-relief for specific cases or in certain combos.