• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Hydroxyzine Vs Quetiapine (Serequel IR) for sleep?

pally pete

Bluelighter
Hi,

Could anybody way more informed than myself please shed some light on these drugs.

I know Hydroxyzine is an old 1st generation antishistamine which had a fairly decent record for anxiety/sleep etc... But would it affect me at all due to me being on Quetiapine (50-150 mg) at night for 5 of the past 7 days. If I can help it I'm trying not to use Quetiapine everynight so as I won't become dependent.. Yet I'm guessing the Quetiapine will render all other sleep aids pretty useless..?? What is the difference in the H1 receptor affinity between the 2 drugs? As I'm led to believe this is the primary cause of sedation... I've taken a bit of an extra of Pregabalin dose tonight as well (I usually stick to my 2 x 300 mg per day) Also dosed quite high on Diazepam (Even though I'm completely tolerant to the sedating effects of Benzodiazepines after 11 years of use/abuse)

Would adding the Hydroxyzine (What dose?) lead to a safe recreational feeling? Or would it be a complete waste of time? I pretty much have most the well know sedating antihistamines (Hydroxyzine, Promethazine, Diphenhydramine, Doxylamine)

All replies, help, advice much appreciated. Thanks ;)

I haven't had any experience with Hydroxyzine but I have with every other sedating anti-histamine and Quetiapine is FAR more effective at inducing sleep. 25-50mg and 30 minutes later you're out for the count for 6-12 hours.
Don't overdo it, though. 100mg was my first dose and I basically ate every carb in the house and then slept for 16 hours.
Once you get over 100mg (and definitely over 200mg) it looses that sleeping effect and can actually cause increase difficulty falling asleep.