• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc hydroxyzine vs. phenergan (promathezine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
fuck, i accidentally merged them together. fuck! fuckn mouse slipped. i gotta work out how to reverse this shit.

When I was on heavy doses of opiates I would inject 75 mg of phenergan at a time twice a day. I got so sick from the opiates and it also gave me a really really nice sleepy high combined with the opiates. But I wouldn't suggest a 75mg dose for anyone orally or IV. Side note I'm 5'3 115 if that even matters. And injecting the promethazine reaaaally screwed up my veins badly. More than the opiates. :!

Old thread, but I want to chime in on here, I have BOTH scripted to me.
Both are 25mg, and I take them both 4x a day as prescribed.
I got Hydroxyzine from my psychiatrist for Anxiety, though it's a very mild (weak) anti anxiety medication.
I got Promethazine from my primary care doctor for chronic Nausea, opiate adjunct, and motion sickness.

COMPARISON

They both are great non addictive medications.
Promethazine is more sedating.
They both go GREAT with opiates. Takes away the unwanted side effects such as nausea, itchiness, dizziness, etc.
With that said, they take away the unwanted side effects of the opiate, and potentiate the positives such as the pain killing properties, euphoria, mood lift, and you can save opiates also by taking less and get the same desired effects of the opiate since they make opiates more potent.

There are 2 different forms of Hydroxyzine, 1. Hydroxyzine HCL (hydrochloride) 2. Hydroxyzine PAM (pamoate).
I had a choice between the 2, and chose Hydroxyzine PAM.
I chose Hydroxyzine PAM over HCL because I was told by both my doctor and pharmacist that Hydroxyzine PAM is used more to make pain killers work better.
Hydroxyzine HCL is the better choice for allergic reactions.
So of course I went with Hydroxyzine PAM ;)

Hydroxyzine is also a very good potentiater for Benzos. Since it's also Rx'd for anxiety like most Benzos.
Promethazine with Benzos will just get you more sedation.

CONCLUSION

I like Promethazine better than Hydroxyzine.
I'm more of an opiate guy, even though I LOVE Benzos, but IMO, no class of drugs are more fun and euphoric than opiates.

Promethazine = Great with opiates, more sedating, great for insomnia, great for nausea
Hydroxyzine = Great with Benzos, good for anxiety, good for insomnia, good for nausea

RATINGS

Promethazine ,
With opiates 10
Sedation 7
Nausea 9
Insomnia 8

Hydroxyzine,
With Benzos 8
Anxiety 5
Nausea 6
Insomnia 7
Sedation 5

Promethazine > Hydroxyzine

I was prescribed Hydroxizine POM for anxiety because the VA will NOT prescribe benzos and suboxone together. I was pleased though because I no longer have the nausea and itching caused by the naloxone. Win win!

Status
Not open for further replies.