• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Hydroxyzine vs diphenhydramine (and doxylamine) for sleep?

I can't really take any of these anithistamine type sleep aids. I can not take the fuzziness. I almost never use them. But a few weeks back instead of taking anything stronger I took 12 mgs of doxylamine. 24 would have me a zombie. But as the 12 mgs took hold I took a hit of weed and layed down to watch TV. There were some moments of euphoria with that.

Most of the time just weed helps me sleep. Knocks me out. I only had hydroxazine once in a rehab. Didn't do anything. But doxylamine will help you sleep. Then 10 hour half life sucks though. If there was one that had like a 4 hour half life then the next day I would not be a zombie. But really I dislike using these drugs for sleep. I have barely taken any benadryl or any form of diphenydramine in my life. There is sone icky feeling there. But I have to say anyone that takes 24 mgs of doxylamine should be knocked out. So to me doxylamine is the strongest.

In response to the comment regarding after effects, I hear you. I would say that the reason I didn't mention them, is because I've found them to always be relatively negligilbe. You have to know though, I'm the type of person who wasn't easily "hungover" by things. I know people who take a Diazepam (Valium) and coplain of hangovers and I never really have experienced that.

Alcohol and Stimulants are the only things I can truly say can wreck my following morning/day. Everything else, Melatonin, Antihistamines, Herbal Shit, it all just rubs out like the sleep crumbs in your eyes after you've have some coffee. A night of heavy drinking now has me contemplating suicide the following morning, like, not far from hyperbole. Back in my day, I was a fucking Clydesdale, I could bring it, drink it, return the empties and wake up to dig ditches for 12 hours the next day. Now, I'm reduced to a frail old man by about 6 drinks in an evening.

The good part though? I don't drink anymore :love: :love::p;)

Ever tried doxylamine? It's similar and OTC. I find it much better for sleep than diphenhydramine, a single 25mg one will send me right out (after an hour). I an take 2 or 3 diphenhydramines and sometimes sleep, sometimes not. Doxylamine even works against minor withdrawal for me.

I haven't, but I'm definitely going to now.

ok, doxylamine seems to be a good bit more potent than diphenhydramine. they both have its uses but there are better compounds. didnt had hydroxyzine so far.

Doxylamine is definitely much better for sleeping than diphenhydramine. Hydroxyzine is less drowsy, it would be worse for sleep than either.