• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hydroxyzine questions. (And gabapentin)

forestman4

Bluelighter
So I just took 100mg hydroxyzine, and I'm about to wait 40 min before slamming down 300mg of tramadol.

So I have questions of hydroxyzine.
I just bought a stash of 3000mg gabapentin capsules (10 × 300mg capsules) (not sure exactly if it extended release or instant release) and 250 mg of hydroxyzine pills (10 × 25mg) and 1000 mg of tramadol. All for 5 $ :)

So my question is with gabapentin, I've never taken it before so I'm not sure how muche gabapentin to take. I was thinking about all 10 capsules. I'm not sure if extended release makes a difference? ?

So if it does what do I do?

Now will hydroxyzine potentiate gabapentin?

And a good dose for first time gabapentin?

And mainly is consuming 10 300mg capsules safe?

I'm about to experience the hydroxyzine and tramadol combo in about 30 min.. see what happens.

Now what sort of high can I expect from gabapentin?

If someone can answer all my questions I'll be extremely grateful.

Gabapentin is a fairly safe drug even in megadoses but you have no experience so should start low. Try 1 cap and see how you feel. You can always add more.

The fraction absorbed also goes down with increasing dose because a transporter involved in its absorption gets saturated. This can be partially overcome by staggering doses.

Gabapentin is a fairly safe drug even in megadoses but you have no experience so should start low. Try 1 cap and see how you feel. You can always add more.

The fraction absorbed also goes down with increasing dose because a transporter involved in its absorption gets saturated. This can be partially overcome by staggering doses.

I don't quite get what you are saying.. try 300mg?
And add more?

Yes. Try one capsule to make sure you tolerate it. I personally think gabapentin is only ok but it can be a bit of a potentiator to both other drugs you are taking. Work your way up until you find your sweet spot. It is foolish to take 10 doses of any drug you never have used.

Yes. Try one capsule to make sure you tolerate it. I personally think gabapentin is only ok but it can be a bit of a potentiator to both other drugs you are taking. Work your way up until you find your sweet spot. It is foolish to take 10 doses of any drug you never have used.

Okay

The tramadol just kicked in, I'm definitely feeling the high, and it's waaaaaay better than the usual 300mg high I get. The hydroxyzine definitely made a difference, so I guess I'll popost a capsule of gabapentin and keep popping one every 10 min untill I hit the high.

Gabapentin can take 1-2 hours to take effect. You need to wait between doses before you know how it will effect you. It would be best to test it first without any other drugs in your system to see how you feel. If your high is already stronger than usual with the hydroxyzine there is no need to pile on another new drug you've never taken before. Slow down.

Alright guys.
Listen up. I need a definite answer in about 4 hours.

I have ano opiate tolerance.
I'm going to see what 900mg does, wait 30 min than take another 900mg.

Is my plan okay?
You've got 4 hours to make me change my plan cause I'm about to do it.

Again, gabapentin takes 1-2 hrs to take effect so you will not know how the first dose makes you feel after only 30 mins. It is always better to start with the lowest amount of a new drug then increase slowly. If you tolerate it you can always try more next time. Start with 1 capsule (300mg) wait AT LEAST one hour then IF effects are not strong enough for your liking add another 300mg. Can continue to stack doses every 1-2hours until you reach a level you enjoy. You never know how a drug may effect you just taking a bunch at once. Start slow man. More drugs do not equal better high.

So just took gabapentin 900mg with 200mg of tramadol. WI'll take an extra 600mg of gabapentin in an hour. See where this take me.. already feeling a little buzz.

So downed 3000 mg of gabapentin and 200mg of tramadol so far. Feeling very good. Not as euphoric as 300mg of tramadol would give me, but it's okay. Very relaxing.. I'm looking for it to really kick in.. it's only been 1.5 hours since the first dose... so yea.

So downed 3000 mg of gabapentin and 200mg of tramadol so far. Feeling very good. Not as euphoric as 300mg of tramadol would give me, but it's okay. Very relaxing.. I'm looking for it to really kick in.. it's only been 1.5 hours since the first dose... so yea.

What happened to taking just and extra 600 mg of gabapentin?

And 3000 mg of gabapentin at once? You just wasted a lot of it.

If you continue on the path of just recklessly swallowing pills you're gonna eventually end up in a world of hurt

Actually I took them in 30 min intervals. 900mg, 1 hour later, another 900mg. And 30 min later 900 mg. And then 15 min later I had 1 tablet left so I was like what the hell and I took it..

What's with the wrong info I'm being given?? This forum has people who take 6000mg?

Actually I took them in 30 min intervals. 900mg, 1 hour later, another 900mg. And 30 min later 900 mg. And then 15 min later I had 1 tablet left so I was like what the hell and I took it..

What's with the wrong info I'm being given?? This forum has people who take 6000mg?

I apologize. The way it was written I read it to mean you downed 3000 mg of gabapentin all at once

And what wrong info are you being given? Maybe we can shed some light on it

Well, I'm too fucked up from the gabapentin I can barely walk.. I'll talk to you soon. Sorry for the aggressive post. I'm really high.

Just because other posters take large amounts of a substance does not mean you should start at their doses. Everyone's body chemistry is unique. The safest way to try any new drug is to start small and build slowly. You can always take more, never less. The logic that "other people can take x amount repeatedly with no issues so I can too" is not the best method of harm reduction.

Even if it causes you no issues to take large amounts of different drugs, you are still doing yourself a disservice by building tolerance more rapidly so in the future the same amount will not feel like enough to you and you will need to continue to increase your doses to get the same effect. That's why it's always better to start small, regardless of safety, so you can keep getting positive results from smaller amounts of a substance. Dick-sizing ("oh look how much I took, my habit is huge, I'm so badass") only strokes your ego and is a quick way to a huge dependence/addiction.

I know you only care about getting fucked up right now so you're looking for permission and reassurance to take more and more of each drug at your disposal from other users that also take risks. I used to be the exact same way, I'm sure many of us on BL were or still are in that reckless abandon honeymoon phase where drugs are great, the more the better. All I can do is try to pass along some of the lessons I've learned the hard way after a decade+ of opiate dependence and multiple drug use. Looking back I wish I knew some of the things I know now so I could have made better, safer decisions.

So, yes, my dosing guidelines are usually on the conservative side when I'm responding to users that seem to still be in the early stages of their use and have little to no experience with these drugs. Rather safe than sorry. If you don't want to listen to me you certainly don't have to but I'm not giving you wrong information, just the safest ways to take the current substances you are asking about.

I don't think "just take it, you'll be fine, I was" is very helpful from a harm reduction standpoint...

Bro. I did it. And it felt great. And I didn't die. It's all i care about.