• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hydroxyzine on a urine test

xaddictx

Bluelighter
Would Hydroxyzine show up on a urine test. Anyone that knows can I get inputs?

I would guess no. Sometimes tests go for tricyclic antidepressants but hydroxyzine, I don't think that it would test false positive for anything.

Not sure but think that druig test related questions aren't allowed on BL.

I would guess no. Sometimes tests go for tricyclic antidepressants but hydroxyzine, I don't think that it would test false positive for anything.

Not sure but think that druig test related questions aren't allowed on BL.
Got it. Thanks

Would Hydroxyzine show up on a urine test. Anyone that knows can I get inputs?
I think I’m on my 2nd or 3rd script of these and I didn’t ask my doc if they’d show up on a urine test but I did ask if they were safe to take everyday without having to deal with a “ discontinuation syndrome “ attached to it, I was told “ no” totally safe to take everyday without having to go thru something when and if I stop taking them .
I found if I take them along with another substance it helps intensify the other substance ( tramadol,oxycodone, codeine..)

Hydroxyzine isn’t habit forming or a controlled substance, so I don’t know where this “will it show up in a drug screen” is coming from. You will not experience withdrawals if you just abruptly stop taking them (if that’s your concern here)? Also, hydroxyzine is lousy for potentiating opioids like oxycodone. It’s not really dangerous to so, because hydroxyzine isn’t a CNS depressant, or anything like that. It’s a waste of both drugs if you are thinking of attempting this I’ll advised “potentiation”.

🧙‍♂️
So it’s not helping it any ?

Stopping them might not cause withdrawal but if you take fir anxiety or insomnia it will make it come back, maybe even worse when you stop because you're brain has got used to the sedating aspects of it, just like any other sedating antihistamine

Maybe I misread your posts, but I thought you were using hydroxyzine to potentiate oxycodone? If you are doing that than that’s retarded (no offense).
I always have hydroxyzine and take it as I see fit but when I have pain meds I always make a point of taking themwith the hydroxyzine , they work individually for me so why would they fail to work combined,I think one enhances the other but you seen to disagree

Yeah, dumb like I said. Go to the drug store and get some cimetidine (Tagamet HB) if you want to “potentiate” oxycodone. Other medications that also inhibit CYP34A include antidepressants, antifungal medications, antibiotics, and protease inhibitors. They can have a similar mechanism of action and, therefore, similar potentiation effects.

Get one of those if you want to potentiate oxycodone properly.

🧙‍♂️
Is that how you do it in Ohio ?

If you rely on anything (even melatonin) as a sleep aide, you will experience rebound insomnia if it’s discontinued. That’s not the same as withdrawals. Now real withdrawals are something like methadone withdrawals that can last for well over a year after discontinuation ime.

🧙‍♂️
How did we arrive at “ sleep aids” ?

You know what, I don’t care if you don’t listen to me. Hydroxyzine and oxycodone aren’t dangerous to mix anyway. Keep on fooling yourself into thinking whatever bullshit you read on forums like these falsely claim that the two drugs “potentiate” the oxy buzz! Do what you want, but don’t say it does what you think it does without some sort of evidence to back up your claim.

I’m done with you.

🧙‍♂️
Your words would mean a lot to me if you “ cared”