• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hydroxyzine and Zolpidem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychedelic Jay

Bluelighter
Why is this combination so floaty and dreamlike than either alone.

They create a fuzziness that I cannot find to explain.

Has anyone tried this before with the same results?

Why is this combination so floaty and dreamlike than either alone.

They create a fuzziness that I cannot find to explain.

Has anyone tried this before with the same results?
In hospital and just took 10mg Zolpidem around an hour ago with no effect. So took 50mg Hydroxyzine about 20 minutes ago. I have a huge Benzo tolerance so I'm really not expecting any relief from my anxiety & insomnia.

Waiting....

If you have a benzo tolerance, hydroxyzine likely will do absolutely nothing for you

Hydroxyzine is total crap imo. It doesn't even come close to offering up what it's brothers and sisters can (true benzos).

In the hospital and rehab this was the best I could get, so obviously I did not give it a blind eye.

Max dose I could get my rehab docs to give me for anxiety and sleep was 50mg at night and and I was allowed to take two 25s at separate intervals during the day for anxiety and withdrawals.

Towards the end of my stint, I managed to get bumped up to 100mg at night and none during the day. Taken with 1 quick dissolve 10mg melatonin, this ended up being a healthy regimen for sleep. I stuck with this combo and got into a healthy habit until some quack psych doc pulled me off hydroxyzine and put me on 600mg seroquel. My sleep has been wrekt ever since.

Psychedelic Jay, I must unfortunately address the non-HR content of your post. This is more of hyper-abbreviated Trip Report at best and a "this is how to get fucked up" thread at the worst. I'm gonna have to close it because it doesn't really have any redeeming qualities.

On that note, Hydroxyzine (Vistaril, Atarax) and other sedating Antihistamines are garbage if you're truly in withdrawal. I feel like it's role is almost that of a placebo, especially in a detox setting. It's a nice, but deceptive way of them saying "We're not going to give you anything for your symptoms". Those with a limited knowledge of drugs usually don't know any better and assume that it must be something helpful. It's a prescription only drug after all, it must do something right?

In fact, Antihistamines exacerbate my Restless Legs to the Nth degree when I'm in withdrawal.

Status
Not open for further replies.