View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Hydroxyzine and LSD

Trippyc5612

Greenlighter
I am new to bluelight so I apologize if this is this the wrong place to ask.
My friend recently told me he got his hands on 3 tabs of Lsd (used a test kit so it is legit) and he would like me to go trip sit. He then told me though that he has started taking hydroxyzine daily for sleep. Would this dull the trip or stop it from happening completely? If it does interact with the trip, how long should he stop taking the meds before he trips? Any answers would help dearly, thanks!

I believe that hydroxyzine is just an antihistamine so it should have no effect on the psychedelic action of LSD.
It's benzodiazepines that can dull psychedelic action.

Edit: I was mistaken, see this thread for a good discussion on the subject: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/545881-Hydroxyzine-and-Psychedelics-Mixed-interaction-at-5HT-2a

The short version is: they seem to interact and it can be used as a trip killer in a pinch. I'd advise your friend to do without it for at least 3 days before consuming LSD. Even then it may dull the trip some due to the long half life. He'd probably still trip even if he continued to take his medication as he usually did but would not have much visual activity from the LSD.

Last edited: