• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Hydroxyzine - Amazing anxiolysis!

crOOk

Bluelighter
So I have taken a shitload of drugs, among them many benzos. On single but very rare occasions they've made me a bit wobbly, have even caused my to fall asleep and/or be disinhibited. Usually they will not do shit though. It doesn't matter what amount I take, e.g. 5mg or 50mg Diazepam, they just cause paradoxical effects at best (think hypomania) and keep me from sleeping through. 50mg Diazepam won't even slur my speech or make me tired (never had a tolerancce to GABAerics except for booze). I barely feel them. I've also tried IV Midazolam, Temazepam, 100mg oral Oxazepam etc. The only one that has ever caused me to feel really fucked up is Clorazepate aka Tranxene (supposedly one of the weakest benzos - I beg to differ).

Enough with the rant, due to my chronic pruritus andd my desire to lower opiate doses while increasing the nod, I asked my psychiatrist for some Hydroxyzine. He prescribed 100x25mg and I tried my first dose this noon.'

Boy oh boy is this a wonderful med. My urge to scratch is completely gone and I feel an inner peace that I have long forgotten exists. It doesn't even make me as tired as diphenhdramine does which I take on a regular basis (usually 150mg oral, but I've used up to 200mg IV for entering a delirious state).

I can not wait to combine this with opiates. Anyone who experiences inner restlessness or anxiety, but cannot find relief with benzodiazepines should give this one a go!

Yes man I also adore hydroxyzine. I use 50mg twice a week 1.5 hour before bed time. I sleep very nice and the next day I feel content and relaxed. No tolerance developed over three months time.

Another benefit for me is that hydroxyzine is a strong anti allergy medication.

at·a·rax·y
ˈadəˌraksē/
noun
a state of serene calmness.

Its no wonder they called it Atarax.

I say quick to the opiates with it. Its so good initially, but like everything fades away. Still my favorite drug to induce sleep though.

Yeah, hydroxyzine is an amazing drug, but after taking it one week straight for anxiety and insomnia the side effects got unbearable. I felt really sedated and fucked up, but not in a good way, more like in a I'm going to collapse way. And I couldn't think properly anymore.
Dosage was 25-50mg a day.
But from what I've read that's not normal.

I truly hope it'll help you.

Sorry to hear that kleinerkiffer (lol). Fortunately I've always been able to handle diphenhydramine drowsiness really well.

I am quite surprised so many people here value it, considering how low diphenhydramine, dimenhydrinate and doxyylamine rank among bluelighters. I thought about asking for promethazine instead since that might actually serve as a good replacement for olanzapine, should I experience mild cases of hypomania. Since i had tried that one before (liked it a lot), I went ffor Hydroxyzine though.

I can not wait to combine this with an opiate. Since I always keep tramadol around and experience much better effects off it than I do off high-dose (!) morphine, oxycodone and countless derivatives (any opiate actually), I really hope this won't block O-Desmethylation through CYP2D6 too much. Uuhhhhhhwheeeee

I take it for seasonal allergies. Shit is expensive and its not even atarax which was better.

I been taking it since I had health insurance so since 18 for about 2-4 weeks a year, maybe one or two a day.

I do got a promethazine rx and that shit works with my current opiate rx pretty nice. Diphenacantspeell it, benadryl, that works pretty damn good with morphine.

IVing either diphen or atarax is probably dumb and liable to make you fall out but yeah kinda takes the edge of morphine pins and needles but personally

I prefer the itch, I don't fuck with morphine anymore, honestly smack is easier for me to get off of than any pain pill, dunno why.

Yeah its kinda like you would want to cwe and micron but its still dumb.

I did used to iv benadryl, I can't spell out diphen atm.

Its not great on the veins but I never gave a fuck and probably why I got no fucking veins really that are usable cuz mine are so scarred that its like pushing pretty hard literally feeling dope move down my arm, so yeah it kinda feels like a miss on the push but not the shot, so my veins are fucked and I don't iv anymore.

oh man I wish it did fucking anything in the way of anxiolysis for me ...I don't get any effects at all from it except weight gain ...doesn't make me sleepy or reduce anxiety. I've always thought it was shit.

oh man I wish it did fucking anything in the way of anxiolysis for me ...I don't get any effects at all from it except weight gain ...doesn't make me sleepy or reduce anxiety. I've always thought it was shit.
It seems to be hit or miss judging by all I've gathered online. It sure took care of my pruritus today and I currently feel no drowsiness from 50mg of the hydrochloride salt - Just great relaxation. This will replace diphenhydramine on my personal list of essential medications if it works as well as that one for sleep.

Yeah its kinda like you would want to cwe and micron but its still dumb.

I did used to iv benadryl, I can't spell out diphen atm.

Its not great on the veins but I never gave a fuck and probably why I got no fucking veins really that are usable cuz mine are so scarred that its like pushing pretty hard literally feeling dope move down my arm, so yeah it kinda feels like a miss on the push but not the shot, so my veins are fucked and I don't iv anymore.

AKAIK, all antihistamines are really rough on the veins. I too used to IV the shit out of diphenhydramine (would combine it with subs or heroin), and even with micron filtering it did major damage.

I would say most of my veins collapsed due to an antihistamine + Opiate combination. I know promethazine ampules have a black box warning about the dangers of using it intravenously (should only be injected muscularly).

Anyway, atarax/hydroxyzine is a pretty great non-benzodiazepine anxiolytic.

AKAIK, all antihistamines are really rough on the veins. I too used to IV the shit out of diphenhydramine (would combine it with subs or heroin), and even with micron filtering it did major damage.

I would say most of my veins collapsed due to an antihistamine + Opiate combination. I know promethazine ampules have a black box warning about the dangers of using it intravenously (should only be injected muscularly).

Anyway, atarax/hydroxyzine is a pretty great non-benzodiazepine anxiolytic.
Never worked for me at any dose..

which sucks because I can't seem to find literally ANY substance other than benzos and some opiates to reduce anxiety.