• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Hydromorphone intranasal dose equivalent to oxycodone oral

trolling123

Bluelighter
Hey BLers,
I normally take about 75MG of oxycodone every 3 days orally. Today, being in a good mood and after taking my normal dose of oxy , i remember i had 3 hydromorphone pills laying around. Normally i never snort , but decided to try it for my first time and only snorted maybe half the 8MG of hydromorphone that i had. I can just remember a bliss then i passed out , assuming because what i already had in my system. Now i have this line left over from the one hydromorphone and 2 more 8MGs. Next time i dose , would snorting the left over line + 16MG hydromorphone enough to equal a 75-80MG oxy habit?

Last edited:
I'd say so or around there....in my experience 12-16 mgs of IV hydromorphone is like 80-100 mgs of IV oxycodone......so taking the nasal b/a's into account, 16 mgs nasal HM should be equal to 80 mgs of oxycodone id say

Last edited:
I'd say so or around there....in my experience 12-16 mgs of IV hydromorphone is like 80-100 mgs of IV oxycodone......so taking the nasal b/a's into account, 16 mgs nasal HM should be equal to 80 mgs of oxycodone id say
Thanks for sharing your opinion. just wondering , how long in between doses do you find you need to feel it? Is 8-12 hours enough?

You need to understand hydromorphone is potent. 2 mg is the lowest dose and eight is highest ir dose while 32 is highest er.... if you passed or from 4mg you really shouldn't use more than that. You could be risking your life.

You need to understand hydromorphone is potent. 2 mg is the lowest dose and eight is highest ir dose while 32 is highest er.... if you passed or from 4mg you really shouldn't use more than that. You could be risking your life.
even with my oxy tolerance? Ive taken 32MG hydromorphone oral because its low BA before and just remember not feeling that much and ended up sleeping. I know intranasal its much more potent

Just stick with 4-8mg nasal. Morphine based compounds that bind to mu are much more physically and mentally sedating than hydro/oxycodone that is less sedating

He only passed out cuz he was mixing dilly with other opes...I think u will be underwhelmed by 4 mgs but it's better to be safe then sorry...I personally find dilly to be a little overrated here on BL...(it is extremely strong and dangerous I mean the high and rush is exaggerated)

It's Crazy here in Canada with the Hydromorph Contin, everyone's tolerance is all fucked from banging 30 mg caps.(I once saw a friend do 120 mgs of hydro in one shot)...Sorry my opinion might be skewed because of my personal experience

He only passed out cuz he was mixing dilly with other opes...I think u will be underwhelmed by 4 mgs but it's better to be safe then sorry...I personally find dilly to be a little overrated here on BL...(it is extremely strong and dangerous I mean the high and rush is exaggerated)

It's Crazy here in Canada with the Hydromorph Contin, everyone's tolerance is all fucked from banging 30 mg caps.(I once saw a friend do 120 mgs of hydro in one shot)...Sorry my opinion might be skewed because of my personal experience
I only have two 8MG pills. Probably going too try one and see how it feels. Ive seen talk a lot about dillys throughout my time on the forums and it seems IV people love it more than anything. Though intranasal is a toss up. Ive pushed my tolerance up too 120MG oxy and it lingers between 75-90 always so im not to worried just trying the 8MG then moving on from there.

Just stick with 4-8mg nasal. Morphine based compounds that bind to mu are much more physically and mentally sedating than hydro/oxycodone that is less sedating
Thanks for your input, seems around 8MG will be safe too start with and work my way from there. I never really used morphine based opiates like hydromorphone , only oxycodone and hydrocodone so i might not be as familiar with it. Going to try and do more searching around the forums for similar subjects , just kinda hard finding specific threads.

I always like to work with equanalgesic charts like this one https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equianalgesic , but keep in mind people make mistakes so always check at least two charts and start lower, because there's no complete cross-tolerance
For hydromophone it states 5 times as potent as morphine, while the german wiki states 7.5 times as potent https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analgetische_Potenz and another source states 7-7.5 times as potent
Oxy is around 2 times as potent as morphine

Imo starting with 8 mg is a good starting point and remember, you can always take more, but never less

The reason iv users like it more than anyone is it has a rush like no other. Literally it's what I expected a heroin rush to be where heroin I've had is nothing like it

7.5mg nasal hydromorphone=
30-45mg.

It would take 15mg, BY ITSELF, to equal roughly your regular oxycodone dose.

If you attempt this, DO NOT mix any oxy or other opioids.

And I personally would start w/ half, wait 20-30 minutes before the other half

I always like to work with equanalgesic charts like this one https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equianalgesic , but keep in mind people make mistakes so always check at least two charts and start lower, because there's no complete cross-tolerance
For hydromophone it states 5 times as potent as morphine, while the german wiki states 7.5 times as potent https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analgetische_Potenz and another source states 7-7.5 times as potent
Oxy is around 2 times as potent as morphine

Imo starting with 8 mg is a good starting point and remember, you can always take more, but never less

This ^^^^

Sorry, it's faster to double post in this case)

This ^^^^

Sorry, it's faster to double post in this case)
Thanks for the advice! I haven't tried it , but think i may tonight. I think ill start off with the 8MG first and then see how i feel 15-20 minutes later. So it would be not advised too take 8MG then maybe another 15-30MG oxy if i need it instead of the other hydromorphone? I know people say not to mix , but that was my original plan. I think i may sway from that now though. If its safer to redose later with the hydromorphone again i will do so instead of the oxy

I ended up scoring 2 more of the 8MG hydromorphone so i can have more freedom with the dosage if need be.

Just giving feedback on my experience. My oxy tolerance was at 90-100MG oral and i decided to snort two of the 8MG hydromorphones. I waited 15 minutes in between each pill and by the 2nd pill i was feeling okay , but still needed more. I snorted probably 10MG of oxy and took 7.5MG orally and now feel at a good point and don't need to further dose. Seems hydromorphone was kinda dull by itself , but maybe ill try a higher dose next time. I know its not advised to mix opiates either and i don't suggest others do it. Right now though i don't think ill be taking oxycodone over hydromorphone still

At this point does it even matter?

WTF is anybody gonna do with 2 (TWO) 8mg Dilaudids? I would put those away for a rainy day, or until I had some other good drugs, or more painkillers to mix them with.

Hydro is potent, but I seriously doubt that 16mg is gonna get you off anywhere NEAR 100mg oxy...that's wishful thinking, plain and simple. Only thing that might make Hydro better than Oxy is the Mu agonism....freakin oxy with it's dirty Kappa bullshit.
It's gross compared to clean Mu agonism.

You also need to remember hydromorphone doesn't hit kappa like oxycotin does so it will lack in effect essentially to regarding you're used to

You also need to remember hydromorphone doesn't hit kappa like oxycotin does so it will lack in effect essentially to regarding you're used to
I have found that out myself. Seems oxys were hitting me way harder than the dillys did . I got 5 of em left just in case. If i ever did use a needle im sure ill be happy i kept these.

At this point does it even matter?

WTF is anybody gonna do with 2 (TWO) 8mg Dilaudids? I would put those away for a rainy day, or until I had some other good drugs, or more painkillers to mix them with.

Hydro is potent, but I seriously doubt that 16mg is gonna get you off anywhere NEAR 100mg oxy...that's wishful thinking, plain and simple. Only thing that might make Hydro better than Oxy is the Mu agonism....freakin oxy with it's dirty Kappa bullshit.
It's gross compared to clean Mu agonism.
It took 16MG dilaudid plus oxy to get me feeling something , just straight oxy would have been better. I'll save these 5 diladuid for if i ever decide to use a needle. I am glad i was still able to try it and score a few. I didn't spend my money on them so no harm done. But anyone in the future reading oxycodone > diladuid unless IV