• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Hydromorphone. Help switching from snorting to oral ratios (bioavailability)

Deicide1212

Bluelighter
I need to switch from snorting hydros to taking orally. Snorting has been seriously irritating my lungs, for the last while, and I think its time to give the snorting a rest, at least for a while. I currently snort 8mg, every four hours. I am wondering what the equivalent would be, taken orally. I am not trying to get high, or anything. Just enough so I dont start withdrawal, and I can sleep. I am currently weening down, to start Suboxone. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

@Deicide1212 a quick google says:
Mean (% coefficient of variation) bioavailability of intranasal hydromorphone was 54.4% (34.8) and 59.8% (22.1) with and without pretreatment, respectively.

Hydromorphone bioavailability ranges from 20% to 80% when administered by the oral route. Onset of analgesic effect occurs within 30 minutes when administered orally

Also..

hydromorphone has a rectal bioavailability of 36.33 +/- 29.60%, which is lower than the oral bioavailability of 51.35 +/- 29.29%. Now granted, these are HUGE ranges, which could make accurate dosing a bit difficult. states that the intranasal bioavailability is 54.4%

Which says differnt to the other link hmmm

Stay safe!

@Deicide1212 a quick google says:
Mean (% coefficient of variation) bioavailability of intranasal hydromorphone was 54.4% (34.8) and 59.8% (22.1) with and without pretreatment, respectively.

Hydromorphone bioavailability ranges from 20% to 80% when administered by the oral route. Onset of analgesic effect occurs within 30 minutes when administered orally

Also..

hydromorphone has a rectal bioavailability of 36.33 +/- 29.60%, which is lower than the oral bioavailability of 51.35 +/- 29.29%. Now granted, these are HUGE ranges, which could make accurate dosing a bit difficult. states that the intranasal bioavailability is 54.4%

Which says differnt to the other link hmmm

Stay safe!
So, basically lol. I should just take the same amount, to be on the safe side? 20% to 80% thats crazy. So, the bioavailability orally, could potentially, be higher than intranasally?

I need to switch from snorting hydros to taking orally. Snorting has been seriously irritating my lungs, for the last while, and I think its time to give the snorting a rest, at least for a while. I currently snort 8mg, every four hours. I am wondering what the equivalent would be, taken orally. I am not trying to get high, or anything. Just enough so I dont start withdrawal, and I can sleep. I am currently weening down, to start Suboxone. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I dissolve 8mg into water and shoot it.

I dissolve 8mg into water and shoot it.
Like, shoot it up my nose? I have tried that a couple times, and it has not worked overly well. If you have some directions, the way you do it. That would be appreciated. Like, how much water, etc... Also, I have been told, the bioavailability becomes higher, than just snorting the powder. I have never seen any proof to the validity of the claim, but still freaks me out, a bit. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Like, shoot it up my nose? I have tried that a couple times, and it has not worked overly well. If you have some directions, the way you do it. That would be appreciated. Like, how much water, etc... Also, I have been told, the bioavailability becomes higher, than just snorting the powder. I have never seen any proof to the validity of the claim, but still freaks me out, a bit. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.
No, shoot it in your vein or give yourself a shot in the arm.

That’s good! I wish I could give up shooting and injecting.
I keep telling myself I should stop doing it but I just can't deny that I enjoy it so dam much, everything about it, and my nose has a big hole in the septum too :/ and I swear it gets worse every time I snort something now

I only do it roughly once a fortnight (not one injection one session with probably 5-20 shots, maybe more depends how much money I've got, a mix of IV/IM but more IV tbh)

I keep telling myself I should stop doing it but I just can't deny that I enjoy it so dam much, everything about it, and my nose has a big hole in the septum too :/ and I swear it gets worse every time I snort something now

I only do it roughly once a fortnight (not one injection one session with probably 5-20 shots, maybe more depends how much money I've got, a mix of IV/IM but more IV tbh)
Yeah I like the whole process of preparing my shots for IV/IM

Yeah I like the whole process of preparing my shots for IV/IM
Yea same, when people say the ritual becomes more addictive than the drug itself they aren't messing around.
I've heard of many people just shooting water or saline to scratch the itch, even done it a few times myself...