• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Hydromorphone first time advice

mcc33

Greenlighter
Advice for first time hydromorphone 2mg oral? Planning on one dose and no extra doses after regardless of effects. Source is good for sure.

Not sure if I should build up some tolerance with codeine first or just make sure I'm feeling fine.

No health issues I'm aware of that would say to not use it.

Only really used up to about 120mg codeine more than a few times. Tried 5mg morphine oral a few times and felt a bit warm and sleepy. Not at all regularly at that dose but I didn't have any bad reaction. I take therapeutic levels of 15mg codeine for actual pain most days.

Have to echo what Northerngyal said

However if you're set on taking it then looking at the morphine equivalency the 2mg should be absolutely fine, even if opiate-naive. That doesn't mean that it definitely won't grab you by the balls if, like many including said poster above, you like it just that little bit too much.

Terrible advice: IV it instead

Good advice: Quit seeking out opiates for recreation while you are ahead.

I basically drool when I see Dilaudid. I'm sure you will love it, maybe too much.

well, glorifying the IV experience when the OP has clearly stated they are intending to use orally isn;t at all helpful regarding harm reduction, and was not requested by the OP, who wants advice regarding oral roa

Appreciate the advices so far. I'm not gonna IV or plug because I just don't want to even though I'm sure it is better. And I'm set on taking it. So far I did end up looking up the conversion tables and if my calculations were right then taking 100mg codeine is twice as much stronger than 2mg hydromorphone?

Does anyone have experience taking a similar dose orally?

2mg of Hydromorphone? Could be a good starting dose for an opioid naive person, 4mg is better.

I didn't die guys! lol

So 2mg seems perfectly safe for me after 100mg codeine the day before. It really does feel like it was maybe 1/2 of the codeine so 4mg might have been better but I wanted to be safe and started with 2mg.

2mg by oral route of administration is not a lot, with no tolerance u should feel slight peaceful moodlift and reduced pain. I loved this opi, but i was smoking pure powder and it was like heroin. Morphine was much weaker. Do not take more than needed.

Yeah orally this drug is so weak. I snort everything and when I had a bunch of 2mg dillys first time (was not naive had a tolerance and addiction to opioids already).
I realized right away it wasn't working well, so I took another, and then finally snorted 2 more after, then I finally felt it which wasn't anything better to me at the time than say instant release oxy..I remember getting very itchy and although I was feeling it by now, I still continued to dabble until they were gone in one night.

Smoking it was fun, it drags nicely just like IR roxi or oldschool IR OC's. And I'll admit, I do not smoke my oxy or whatever can be chased everytime. It's rare for me, I usually only do this if I have plenty and have a good high going already..and don't mind to basically waste a pill (chasing dragon off foil to me is a waste), but it is indeed fun and exhaling a decent hit that was held in long and tight, brought a damn good lil head rush and complimented the drip from the dilaudid.

BUT yes any real "junkie" who is into needles (no thanks) will freak out as to them the only way to truly get the best from this drug is from banging it. Main reason is because as you can tell from above comments, it has one of the greatest opi rushes out there when used IV route, which can ruin your shit real quick.

For me its damn near mandatory for me to sniff any good instant release opioid..all because of 30mg oxycodone..and then 40mg opana.. so when I met dilaudid I was very disappointed, 4-8mg snorted is still ok buzz but to me it felt equivalent to snorting like 10mg to 20mg oxycodone., yet dilaudid still has it's own different pleasureable effect type feel as far as talking about the euphoria in my experience..

Now please do not turn around and decide to try different routes of administration,(IV, insullfation, or smoking.) Just stay with oral if you are new to this, it works better in the long run with all pills. But had to talk about it because dilaudid is the only one that seems almost worthless if you have a serious addiction & tolerance, UNLESS you IV. because of its unique rush...since I don't do that, I turn down dilaudid all the time unless it's all there is and I need remedy for my narcotic withdrawal.