• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Hydromorphone equivalent dose to Oxycodone?

tarman

Bluelighter
Been gettin 10mg pink oxys once a month, but holy mother of god am I paying a premium. I usually do 'em straight for a week, then wait 3 weeks until they come back around. I'd say I start with 20mg when I'm "fresh", then can move up to 50mg per day near the end of the week of fun.

How does dilaudid convert? 4mg pills, haven't seen em yet. I punched in some numbers to a calculator and it appears like 8mg might be a good starting dose.

Any thoughts? I know enough to not take 20mg of it. Just wanted to get some real world opinions.

I'd be careful if I were you. Not to assume you're opioid naive or anything--but dilauded blows oxy out of the water in some regards.

I'd start with a smaller dose just to gauge how strong it is for you. I'm sure there are calculators online but at the end of the day no substance properly equates another despite math involved. Dilauded is long lasting as well so you wouldn't want to redose too soon. Sorry I can't provide an exact number for you! Just some food for thought. Also since dilauded feels like a "wet" high, you might want to redose far more than oxy just saying lol!

Some people have needed narcan from 4 mgs who underestimated it. Cranky nap if anything else.

I used to get 20 mg oxys and 8mg dilauded. I had a hook up to both. I would be fine on 10 mg of oxy usually (I chewed them). But I could hardly handle 4mg of dilauded(snorted). Sometimes it would cause me to nod out or get nauseous. So, I'd start small and work your way up. They are pretty dang strong.
(So jealous)

Thank you both. Guess I'll start with 2mg and be patient. I've always been disciplined with opioids. Used to snort h, and when I could tell it was fent or something else (isotonitizine or whatever that shit is called, all those weird ass ones- because the stuff i was getting varied in how it felt, how it hit, it wasn't fent every time, definitely different stuff, could be fent analogues i suppose, any way I digress), I did the baby-est of baby lines and set my timer for 20 minutes. I'll treat this the same way. Except for more than 20 minutes. I might start with 4mg and have a friend around to narcan me, but I think I'll be alright. My lifetime tolerance is pretty substantial. I only take 20mg of oxy when i'm starting my week of fun just because I have to go to work and not get too fucked up. I could easily start with 40mg oxy when I'm "fresh". Just wanted to be clear about that. But I will proceed with caution. Now just waiting on this fucker to call me back. I'm all excited.

Yeah it's very easy to forget when dealing with something incredibly pleasurable how easy it can be to lose yourself and just disregard HR in a total moment. You probably know this but try not to combine opioids with alcohol or benzos--and especially with dilauded that could prove to be lethal.

I find that when it comes to opiates and tolerance it can take about a week to gauge where your body is at. The other topic at hand is that you are not a heavier user from what I understand so far. It's easier to gauge where tolerance is when one is taking the substance day after day without breaks in between. Tolerance doesn't raise or decline super fast with opiates in my experience though. It's just if you haven't used any opioids in about a week or two something like dilauded might prove to be a lot stronger than you thought. Good luck :) I'm actually highly envious of you lol

I took a 4mg (little yellow one). It's very warm feeling. I might be captain obvious here, but a very different, distinct feeling than the pink oxy 10mgs I've been used to in recent months. This feels a little closer to h. I probably could've handled 8mgs, but 4 is decent, and I'm glad you all recommended to go easy. I'm just so struck by how it's hitting. The warmth and body buzz are good shit. Very chill.

Are you using intravenously or what? Hydromorphone is very potent, but has very poor bioavailability PO, and marginally less poor intranasally. If not, rectal admin might be something to consider.

Edit: Oral ROA I see nevermind. ^I'm also hella jelly

I take 20mg Oxys on a daily basis.
I have a prescription but like you, I often take the majority of them when I pick them up, leaving me with very few 20 days later. I get Dilaudid, generally IV but also in pill form, probably 2-3 times a year at the ER/hospital. I just had Dilaudid 3 days ago.

I can tell you that Dilaudid knocks me on my ass every time I take it. I’m a highly opioid tolerant person, having been on one opiate or another for nearly 20 years. I have never dabbled in heroin and perhaps I wouldn’t be so strongly affected by Dilaudid were I a heroin user. Dilaudid IV obviously affects me more than than oral Dilaudid. I’m really sorry I am unable to give you dosages on these IV and oral routes of administration.

My advice to you is to take the Dilaudid while you’re home and someone is with you, and that person has Narcan. That may seem a bit extreme but it’s a good idea. I also advise you to go slow with whatever dose you take, you can always take more later. I’d also google Dilaudid and then choose “images”. That way you can familiarize yourself with what various legit Dilaudid pills look like and you can call out your dealer if he’s selling pill mill fake crap that will do fuck all for you. Good luck!

These are the 4mg yellow dilaudid pills. They're legit- coming from someone who has a script. I like em, but I have to say, I like the pink oxy 10mgs better. After 4 days of popping these dilaudids, I like em of course, and I can't complain, but oxy seems to hit more of a sweet spot. It's hella hard to get a hold of pharmaceuticals these days, and people are charging ridiculous prices. I paid 8 dollars a pill for this shit. 10 dollars a pill for the pink 10mg oxys. Fuckin highway robbery.

I got some narcan. So far, I'm just doin like 8mg then topping off with one more 4mg a few hours later. My tolerance builds fast, and I honestly don't like nodding. I just like to feel it.

I'm pretty sure those calculators are referring to oral dosages, oral Dilaudid is pretty shitty

^ MME calculations are done using oral bioavailability of hydromorphone to oral bioavailability of morphine.

1 mg of IV hydromorphone is roughly 6.8 mg of IV morphine.

1 mg of oral hydromorphone is roughly 4 mg of oral morphine (MME conversion factor)

1.25 mg of IV hydromorphone is roughly 6.25 mg of oral hydromorphone, which is roughly 8.5 mg of IV morphine and roughly 25 mg of oral morphine.

So, 1.25 mg of IV hydromorphone is roughly 25 mg of oral morphine.

This can vary a bit since the oral bioavailability of hydromorphone has a high variance between individuals.

Last edited: