• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Hydromorphone bioavailability

Lfelters

Greenlighter
Hi-
Asking a question for a friend who has referred to Bluelight frequently over the years but never made an account. I am not really sure where to post this for him but hopefully someone can help me get it to the right place if it’s not . SWIM has been on suboxone 8/2 , about 2/day for the past 5 years . Recently hospitalized for a week with after a car accident and pretty significant injuries , home now and really struggling with pain. SWIM hasn’t take suboxone since Monday morning. SWIM found some hydromorphone 8 mg tablets . SWIM understands BA and that oral is low with this medication. SWIM has insufflated gradually and cautiously over the last few days and at 16 mg and starting to get some relief . My friends question is would dissolving the tablets before insufflation or even orally make a difference in terms of increasing BA ? He knows the suboxone is working it’s way out of his system . Thanks in advance

If your snorting it, and You want to maximize bioavailability, buy a ten pack of micron filters, dissolve the pill in a little bit of water, filter it, and put the liquid in a nose spray bottle

I've never taken it, but from what I've read, Id recommend plugging it

Thanks… would my buddy want to use the filter before plugging ? Can you buy the filters at any certain stores that you know of and how much water say, per pill for snorting or plugging ? Friend just wants to do this safely and alleviate pain . Sorry for all the questions. Thanks again.

You dont have to do that whole swim thing here, even if the cops were looking at this site, they care about catching dealers, not users.

Go on amazon, and no, you don't need to filter before plugging, only before shooting it or snorting it.

Ask away, thats what were here for man

well for snorting, you should be able to concentrate the liquid to half a ml or less. In my experience, for plugging as long as its below 5 ml it should work

your welcome, come back on her if you have any other questions, I have no job and nothing better to do, so don't worry about wasting my time, I like helping people

Oh I forgot to say, if you plug it, do a much lower dose, since the bioavailability is much higher than oral
start with a third of what you start with when you take it orally
Wikipedia usually has bioavailability's of drugs on the table to the right, I've never seen them be wrong about them either

Last edited:
Oh I forgot to say, if you plug it, do a much lower dose, since the bioavailability is much higher than oral
start with a third of what you start with when you take it orally
Wikipedia usually has bioavailability's of drugs on the table to the right, I've never seen them be wrong about them either
THANK YOU . You literally read my mind because that’s what my question was for today because I am found my snorting threshold is about 20 mg but I want to stretch these remaining ones out so if I can use less and get the same affect that would be ideal . Thanks for your help, seriously

Bang it don't screw with the but. It might start leaking from it. I mean plugging it means in the but right?lol. Correct me if I'm wrong. Please. I was taking 6mg of dilodid every 4 hours for 1 and 1/2 years I had endless supply of push syringes and a pic line in my arm. actually had gone through 3 different pic lines over the course of that time. I guess what I'm saying is banging hydromorphone is nice. I never felt close to a bad experience or overdose during the 1000 ish times I banged it.
AS you already know. Withdraws are hell on earth. I say it doesn't matter how your doing It
In the end your going to withdraw hard so get the most from it. bang that shit just don't be dirty with it needles can poke kids and animals.

NMI - OD.
Hi @Lfelters welcome to Bluelight.

Moved your thread here to OD where it might recieve more helpful comments.
Glad you are with us. :)

Thanks everyone. Yeah I was getting it IV every 2 hours for a week at the hospital and that was my first taste of IV stuff but I don’t want to jump in the deep deep end and I can’t do needles but it was very very nice and helped the acute pain after the surgery I had . . I hear you though . The irony of the whole thing is this is the first time I actually need this stuff for legit reasons but of course had to get the opiate that’s a pain in the ass make effective in the way I need /want . I have suboxone to fall back on in the end so not too worried about withdrawals.

Is there anything special about preparing the liquid before plugging ? Obviously I crushed it up well and stirred it really well with about 3.75 mL of water for about 6 mg of hydromorphone. I am assuming is not very hydrophilic since I had to draw it up quickly before it just settled in the bottom of the shot glass and the powder doesn’t seem to take to the water very well . I have done a lot of cold water extraction from back in the day of the 500 or even 750 mg Tylenol laden hydro and Oxys so I understand the general concepts . I saw someone on a thread talking about heating the solution during prep ?

Is there anything special about preparing the liquid before plugging ? Obviously I crushed it up well and stirred it really well with about 3.75 mL of water for about 6 mg of hydromorphone. I am assuming is not very hydrophilic since I had to draw it up quickly before it just settled in the bottom of the shot glass and the powder doesn’t seem to take to the water very well . I have done a lot of cold water extraction from back in the day of the 500 or even 750 mg Tylenol laden hydro and Oxys so I understand the general concepts . I saw someone on a thread talking about heating the solution during prep ?
A lot of pills act like that in water, chances are the hydromorphone is absorbing into the water, leaving the non soluble pill filters behind, which is ok

I powder pills, dump them into a oral syringe, put the plunger back on with the powder inside, suck up water of any temp, shake it up for 5-15 minutes, and shoot it up your butt.

Make sure to take a crap right before you do this, or it won't work

Heck if you just take enough of this shit via the uncomplicated oral route, it'll STILL wipe you XD

At the height of my using I was doing a gram (or a little more) of smack inside a day EASILY.
But could also totally get high on simply eating dilaudids (depends what you generally got available to you and in what quantities I guess)

Last edited:
Bang it don't screw with the but. It might start leaking from it. I mean plugging it means in the but right?lol. Correct me if I'm wrong. Please. I was taking 6mg of dilodid every 4 hours for 1 and 1/2 years I had endless supply of push syringes and a pic line in my arm. actually had gone through 3 different pic lines over the course of that time. I guess what I'm saying is banging hydromorphone is nice. I never felt close to a bad experience or overdose during the 1000 ish times I banged it.
AS you already know. Withdraws are hell on earth. I say it doesn't matter how your doing It
In the end your going to withdraw hard so get the most from it. bang that shit just don't be dirty with it needles can poke kids and animals.

Injecting pills is very dangerous, both IV and IM. Plugging is not dangerous, other than if you overdose. Rectal administration has a similar effect as intramuscular injection, but it's much safer. It doesn't leak out if you do it right. Just gotta make sure you clear your bowels first or else the drug can get soaked up by your feces.

it's the closest to heroin i've had

Heck if you just take enough of this shit via the uncomplicated oral route, it'll STILL wipe you XD

At the height of my using I was doing a gram (or a little more) of smack inside a day EASILY.
But could also totally get high on simply eating dilaudids (depends what you generally got available to you and in what quantities I guess)

I was kicking dope and have a Hydromorph script. 48 mg's orally did nothing. I'm back on dope

I find if I take enough Dilaudid I get really very high on it. Prefer junk though
As much as I love Dilaudid (and good H when I could find) I find Opana ir to be the most underrated Opioid out there. Great rush. Great high. You knew what you were getting (of course this was back before even the pills were pressed with Fent.)