• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hydromorphone and weed

reflekt

Bluelighter
I was just wondering how these drugs effect each other, if at all?

Say smoking weed after already snorting a line of hydromorph, for example.

Thanks

Smoking after the effects of the opiate are already being felt will intensify the high of both drugs.... however, i find that if you smoke even six hours before dosing with an opiate that it is very hard to feel the effects of the opiate... i know that sounds strange but i have wasted so many doses because i smoked some herb beforehand. i dont think that there is any better opiate potentiator than herb though as long as you wait til you are feeling the opiate first and then smoke.

Thanks for the response. That was perfect, just the info im looking for!

no problem... i am also curious if other people have a hard time feeling opiates if they smoke first. i know my brother agrees, but i have so many friends who smoke and then dose and say that they still feel it. I really think that they are just opiate naive and cant tell the difference, but it seems hard to find others who agree with me on the subject.

I smoke weed TO intensify the feeling of my opiates. For example, I have been doing H all day - and 4mg dilaudid IV. I just smoked a couple bowls of Smile (which I love!:)) and feel MUCH better. It seems when I smoke weed (before/during/after) using an opiate, I feel the need to use LESS of the opiate substance. It doesn't take the effects of 'x' opiate away (IMO), per say. Just makes you ripped (if good bud) AND high (or what have you) / nodding. Sometimes a heavier nod (esp with a solid indica).

That all said, I've definitely heard a HELL OF a lot of people say what was said by 'aBurningFire' above - that it can seem to mask the opiate high. Or, that it could be viewed as wasting the opiate. For me, ... I can see the thought behind that. However, I think this depends on the person and what they're seeking to accomplish. Are they wanting to use the opiate for some recreational fun? Or, are they an addict who just simply needs to dose (as usual) and maybe wants to stretch their stash a little further. I fall into the latter category, so for me this is NOT a waste, but does the opposite - helps me save my H (or whatever) and in addition, experience some GREAT effects. :D

I agree with woamotive, if I smoke before or after ingesting opiates they both tend to hit me harder. Although weirdly enough, on more then one occasion I have taken opiates and smoked and ended up throwing up what I ingested which was a buzz kill (literally).

I have the effects of weed; I always become paranoid and insecure and get these really uncomfortable palpitations along with tachy cardia and so forth... but if I take a solid dose of an opiate, I really love smoking weed. One time I took a huge dose of morphine with a friend of mine, and when the morphine had kicked in and reached it's peak effects, we went outside and smoked joint after joint, and it's been a long while since I've had so much fun! After having smoked some weed we wen't back indoors and played cards with some of the (sober) staff (we we're living at a type of hostel) and we we're acting really silly and laughing our asses off and making funny comments, man it was such a great time! :)

I just had a baby 2 weeks ago, they prescribed me dilaudid 2mg and I was supposed to take 2 pills ever 4 hours for my pain, I was taking my medicine like I was supposed to and I noticed it made me feel messed up for about an hour in half ever time i took it. I used to smoke a lot of pot before I got pregnant but stopped when i was. My boyfriend and I were smoking a bowl hours after I had taken the pill and it made me feel extremely fucked up. I was looking up what happened when others took this pill and smoked and thought that i should put in what happened to me! Hope this helps

Well this thread is super old but it's an interesting topic. I notice if I've had herb before hand I can feel the opiates but I'm so stoned I can't really feel one or the other it's more of two highs melded into one.

Now if I dose an opi and wait till the peak of my high and take a couple rips it seems to amplify the opi high without adding an MJ buzz. If I take more than a couple tokes tho I venture into mush brain cuz all I can feel is the herb x5

Oxymorphone and weed helps me tremendously. The Oxy helps with the pain and the weed gets me going and keeps me from being bedridden. Weed is the best anti-depressant available.

Im-friends-o it's a decent combo at any given time. Maybe is due to the fact my friend has used weed/concentrates for as long as anything else He uses...along side each other. One does not block / cancel the other at all. He notices it is more of a stack affect more less!!

I don't think blazing after doing some hydromorphone does anything. That could be because I use both on the regular though and I could be used to it. :\

I don't think blazing after doing some hydromorphone does anything. That could be because I use both on the regular though and I could be used to it. :\

Same here used to intentionally wait till after I dosed up(usually h)
If not I wouldnt feel my opiates as much or the weed after.

I smoke weed daily and when i use opiates i usually smoke right when i take them and then again during the peak, after that its just a bowl whenevet for the rest of the night. On opiates i can smoke so much weed its like the "burnt out " feeling you get when u dont eant to smoke more isnt there and ur just smokinf bowl after bowl. Be careful though oncw i smoked too much weed and it over powered the opiate

I've never enjoyed the combo of weed and any other drug. if im gonna smoke weed, its gonna be just weed with nothing else...I find it messes with the high of whatever else I'm on at that moment.

I've never enjoyed the combo of weed and any other drug. if im gonna smoke weed, its gonna be just weed with nothing else...I find it messes with the high of whatever else I'm on at that moment.
Even if it was just alchohol?

Even if it was just alchohol?

Actually I never even thought about Alcohol. I love smoking bud when I'm drinking! I'm a very occasional drinker but when I do drink I like to smoke cigarettes and weed like they're going out of style. thanks justtakethat! I haven't drank in probably six months, i just remember my old drinking days with my highschool buddies when we would tear up the town drinking Icehouse tallboys and smoking that dank Washington State bud every day in the summer...and on the weekends during school. We did some pretty dumb shit but i guess that's what highschoolers do right? I hadn't found opiates yet at the time so it was just alcohol and pot and mushrooms. Brings back really good memories ;*)

This might help

PQOkI2r.png
this may help you out