• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Hydromorph-contin

MrMischief

Greenlighter
I have a question about IV use of Hydromorph-contin.
When the beads are crushed, in the spoon, and mixed with water, do you need to heat the drug in order to activate it? Or does that only disinfect everything? Is what is drawn up in the needle stronger if heated or no (does that only destroy the drug)?

No heat needed.

Hydromorph Contin is very water solvable…..pulverize into fine powder and mix room temp water and stir / mix gently and draw up using a micron filter

I made the rookie mistake many moons ago by adding heat ….which melted all the excipients and I just used a cig filter and I ended up in hospital with endocarditis (inflammation of heart sack) due to injecting oral capsules HM Contin ….had serious chest heart pains so called ambulance. Doc put me on prednisone/steroid anti inflammatory

I read a medical journal from Ontario Canada that stated, once OxyContin was removed from market, and docs started prescribing Hydromorph Contin, incidences of Endocarditis skyrocketed (due to i.v. Injections)

Hydromorphone HCL has piss poor oral bioavailability….injection is king, if safely done

I would use an oral syringe and insert few cm into anus and slowly push the warm water mixture of HM if you don’t want the danger and seriousness of injecting

I.M. or S.C. could be safer than I.V. perhaps cause it’s not going directly into a vein. Skin popping S.C. Could be alright….I.M. could hurt a bit

See if ur doc can prescribe Purdue Pharma brand Dilaudid 2/4/8mg tablets

Apparently the Knoll brand hypodermic tablets from the 1920’s that were meant to be i.v. injection or taken orally has never changed from todays Dilaudid brand Hydromorphone hcl