• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

hydromet question

mikeorr4444

Greenlighter
So, I fell off the opiate wagon and am back in the thick of it. But what are you gonna do, right? I have a question about Hydromet. Never had the stuff before, I know it has some anti-abuse ingredients in it. Can I combine it with norco to achieve my usual dose of hydrocodone from norco for similar effects? Like half and half?

Also, generally speaking, would 5mg of homatropine be in the safe range? I have zero experience with it....

I'm assuming the buzz you catch from hydromet is the same you'd get from norco, since hydrocodone is hydrocodone...

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I'm getting the impression that this isn't all that of a popularly prescribed drug. Not much info on it out there on the intra webs.

I use it for my coughs and colds, because I don't like codeine cough syrups!
It works great alone and maybe because it's liquid the MGP brand is strong at 10mgs for me? I would only start around 5-10mg dose and see from there. I actually prefer it over a couple norco pills any day! It's not that easy to get unless your doctor knows you prefer it or you have a bad cold/cough?
Unfortunately it's one med that's not covered under my insurance and an 8 oz/240ml bottle costs > no prices <.
The MGP brand is superior in my opinion and you need less to feel the medication working.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Homatropine is going to make this stuff hard or rather, unenjoyable to abuse. It causes a ton of unwanted side-effects ranging from slight discomfort to a medical emergency. You should acquire all of the Hydrocodone (Vicodin, Lortab) that you can and then use the syrup to "top yourself off". I have a feeling that you could probably go as high as 4 standard doses of the stuff before the side-effects start becoming a bother. You can solve this problem by going slow and titrating your dose. If you start to feel discomfort, you know that you should not continue dosing.

So, I fell off the opiate wagon and am back in the thick of it. But what are you gonna do, right? I have a question about Hydromet. Never had the stuff before, I know it has some anti-abuse ingredients in it. Can I combine it with norco to achieve my usual dose of hydrocodone from norco for similar effects? Like half and half?

Also, generally speaking, would 5mg of homatropine be in the safe range? I have zero experience with it....

I'm assuming the buzz you catch from hydromet is the same you'd get from norco, since hydrocodone is hydrocodone...

Thanks in advance!
I had this syrup scripted any time I got sick and had a cough or just had a bad cough. It worked and was nice until I found out that I was hypersensitive to the homotropine that's in it; long story short, I told my doctor and she scripted me Tussionex instead and it's far superior than Hydromet. It's also far better tasting, much stronger and last longer as well which is why I love it so much. It has no alcohol like Hydromet has which for me is great, & is much safer to use. If you get Tussionex next time or ask for it next time and get it you will for sure love it over the Hydromet syrup. It's like yellow liquid cotton candy, but has 10mg's of Hydrocodone but it's a different form of Hydrocodone than normal norco's so it's suspended release formula. You have to take around 1oz to, two OZ's to get a nice buzz that will slowly peak and keep peaking till it's slowly comes down and I love it due to that effect it has. Like I'm saying stay safe and don't drink more than half an OZ of Hydromet due to the homotropine. The homotropine in it can really fuck you over big time and cause you to have extremely bad feelings and even death in high doses.