• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hydrocodone Re-dosing Only Around an Hour Later

VerbMyNoun

Greenlighter
I know this topic has been covered very extensively, but I'm having trouble finding the very specific, yet simple information I'm seeking.

Not that mgs matter tremendously for this specific question but: If one were to take 45 mg of Hydrocodone, then take 15 mg around 1 to 1.5 hours later, would the second dose just "catch up" to the first dose and intensify the effects OR would this mainly just prolong the existing effects OR does this just waste the second dose? Or does something entirely else happen? The main issues here are the short time between the doses and the small amount of the second dose.

Thanks for any info - and again, I know the topic of re-dosing is covered hundreds of times, but I had a rather specific inquiry - mainly the short time involved with the re-dose.

It is way too dangerous to do it the way that you're talking about taking you shouldn't never take a pain medicine and then an hour hour-and-a-half take another one and then so on and so on taking that much pain medicine can stop your breathing I do have medical experience so you might really want to taper down on them or take the correct dose of it and then wait to 4 to 6 hours before adding anymore it's too dangerous

Tabby is right. Your playing with CNS depressants. They affect your central nervous system, can cause severe breathing problems and can kill you.

Last edited:
IMO the second dose of Vicodin that soon only magnified the sleepiness/respiratory depression. It did not add to the feeling of being high. Also if you are not doing a CWE at the doses you are using you are seriously doing liver damage at lethal levels.

Any redosing will only add to the sedation and possibly nod, you will not get any more euphoria. I always find redosing to be a huge waste unless I need to get to sleep and the effects have worn off.

Any redosing will only add to the sedation and possibly nod, you will not get any more euphoria. I always find redosing to be a huge waste unless I need to get to sleep and the effects have worn off.

I agree with this as well. In a couple past experiences I've done the same thing - taken X amount of Vicodine (well, Vicoprofen to be exact... but same thing as far as the hydro goes) and then after the initial euphoria hits, I think to myself "dang I should have taken a few more". But it never adds to it at all. For me at least. But the other users are right as well - just be careful; not too smart to just continually shovel them down your throat throughout the whole day hoping to get a re-boot of euphoria, because all it's going to do is depress your respiratory system even lower and keep it there without it getting a chance to get a bit better as that initial dose starts to wear off.

Personally I have noticed redosing about an hour after the first dose boosts the effect somewhat, it's called "stacking". I usually do about 1/3 of the original dose. I would always wait at least an hour after the first dose to see how it affects you before taking any more. Unfortunately the only person who knows how much is too much is you. Telling someone that stacking is safe or unsafe is hard because we don't know if the amount you take is close to making you overdose or if you're well within a safety margin.

If you decide to stack I wouldn't do more than about 1/3 of your first dose and like I said, wait at least an hour to see what the effects are. If you are very drowsy or your breathing is labored then you definitely don't need any more

When I was popping hydros a few months back, I never redosed if my dose was 30mg or higher. Always waited till the second day, even if it cost me a pill and a high (possibly).

Call me a pussy, but you are what you eat... And I'm certainly not about to overdose because I couldn't get high.

If he waits 4-6 hours defeats the entire purpose of the question they had . If 45 mg gets you going and high 15 mg in 2-3 hours wouldn't be a big deal but I think it would just make it last a micro amount longer and waste your 15 mg. I would rather instead wait 4-6 hours and re dose 30 mg when you've come down completely but be careful with your CNS depression breathing have a friend with you or people around to watch you if you gonna do that but we don't condone that here be careful brotha hydrocodone is the shiznet it was my favorite and first opiate I took 40-50 mgs at once like you to get itchy high now I'm addicted to blk tar or I need 200 mg morphine a day to not be sick so be careful with what you're doing

Thanks for the replies everyone. I think I have the information I need. The 15mg were taken to pretty much no avail - then today, the dose was a little shy of what was needed. Would have been great if that 15mg would have still been around...lmao

Thanks for the replies everyone. I think I have the information I need. The 15mg were taken to pretty much no avail - then today, the dose was a little shy of what was needed. Would have been great if that 15mg would have still been around...lmao

It's happened to the best of us. But it's a damn good rule of thumb for the future. Always better to just save a few pills for the next day's large dosage so you know for a fact you'll get as much "slap in the face" euphoria, instead of wasting it on the same day trying to re-boot the high.