• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Hydrocodone didn't work?

jc240

Greenlighter
Hi, I'm new to pills and this was my first time taking Norco (5mg/325). I took 7.5 to start off since I have low tolerance. An hour later I felt nothing so I took the remaining half (10mg total). Overall I felt slightly nauseous and a little relaxed, kinda slow, but not euphoric or anything fun. Pretty disappointed with the experience. Should i have started with a higher dose? What could be the other possible reasons that the pills didnt work?

Hydrocodone is a pretty weak opioid and your dose was small. I would try 30 - 40mg next time. Also if you had a full stomach, that could have also reduced effectiveness.

EDIT: If you're going to be taking higher doses it is best you do a cold water extraction to get the apap out, as it can damage your liver. Look online for a guide if you don't know how to do this.

You might just be one of those people who doesn?t get much out of opiates. When i was new to opiates 10mg of hydro would get me blasted, intense euphoria and nodding.

With zero tolerance it takes 40 mg of oxy to get me high, there are hundreds of variables that can affect it.

I remember when I started taking them me and my friends took a few like what?s the big deal? So we tried more and then I fell in love But to be fair and honest opiate addiction is hard to kick I never thought I would stick a needle in me ever I was scared of the doctor Bc of needles but now It?s an every hour thing and I don?t flinch lost loved ones burnt bridges no one warned me what came after the hydros oc?s roxys heroin etc it starts out seeking a buzz and becomes doing almost anything not to be sick so with fair warning aside it is an amazing high that I wish was just the way we could feel naturally

For starters, 10mg is a small dose. 20 mg would be much more likely to produce more significant effects, however you will likely experience an increase in nausea as well as you're just getting used to things. Additionally, you may have set your expectations too high. Opiates don't create mindblowing experiences like LSD or Marijuana. All the effects you described: relaxation, feeling slow etc are about all opiates do. Take a higher dose and you'll likely feel more euphoric, more relaxed and warm (as if your melting into the couch), and more of the effects you already described. If you don't like that, than opiates just might not be for you :)

10 mg is in no way a small dose for someone who has not used opioids before.

If you have the immediate release use 5 mg nasally... Even with my tolerance nasal oxycodone always leads to nodding even at doses that would not do much orally while IV works less than orally for me

Oops I was reacting to your 40 mg comment...

Don't IV hydro or use it nasally unless you have a pure form. 10 mg for someone naive is a lot still.

Never do I ever snort these and super never shoot even after cwe DO not! Not an expert but seems like common sense acet is not water soluble and I say 10 is a low dose we took quite a lot back then I think it was recommended not to take more than 8 per day but apap was 500mg back then now almost always 325 so idk I would take two=20mg and then 4-6 hrs later well ya know see how ya feel be safe etc. I?ve taken a lot now but it is kinda an acquired taste