• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Hydrocodone and Temazepam

SlightlyStoopid

Bluelighter
When combining these two drugs, how many MGs of each do you think someone with a moderate tolerance to opioids could take and still be in the safe zone?

I just refilled my script of 15mg Temazepam capsules and am picking up some 10mg Norcos tonight after work and plan on taking some of each but want to play it safe.

I haven’t touched Temazepam in a couple weeks but have been taking it daily for a few years now. I also haven’t touched any opioids in a couple weeks but was taking anywhere between 60-180mg of Oxycodone daily for a few months and ended up building up quite the tolerance. I take pretty high doses of Kratom everyday as well, and I know they are cross-tolerant with opioids.

I know there’s a lot of factors to take into consideration and it varies from person-to-person, but what do you think would be a good (and safe) dose for someone like me? I want to get the most out of these ten Norcos I’m picking up.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Anyone have any input? I've already taken 100mg of Hydrocodone (via CWE, of course) about 40 minutes ago and was wondering how much Temazepam I would still be able to take with that dose of Hydro. I know mixing benzos and opioids is risky and definitely don't want to OD.

Last edited:
I was kinda hoping for a little more input than “don’t”, because that didn’t answer my question at all. But thanks anyways.

So you know, combining opioids with benzos — while dangerous — it’s still very possible to do it safely at reasonable doses. Especially with someone who is tolerant to both.

I have done it several times in the past, just never with Hydrocodone. Which is why I asked this particular question to begin with.

Last edited:
I was kinda hoping for a little more input than “don’t”, because that didn’t answer my question at all. But thanks anyways.

So you know, combining opioids with benzos — while dangerous — it’s still very possible to do it safely at reasonable doses. Especially with someone who is tolerant to both.

I have done it several times in the past, just never with Hydrocodone. Which is why I asked this particular question to begin with.
Yes, of course it is possible. I have done it 20 years on/off. Many other people have done too and some of them have died.

It is very difficult to give certain answer and not sure if there even is such an answer as there are so many variables affecting this issue even within same person within same day. In the morning you might survive the dose you will not survive in the evening as the mental&energy state can be anything from overstimulated/psychotic to over tranqulized/lethargic/apatic and dependent on nutrition and so many other factors. Also your age, weight, gender, metabolism, thyroid condition, fittness level/aerobic&anaerobic capacity to survive oxygen deprivation and mithocondrial health and other diseases you might have are factors that either lower or raise your tolerance to CNS depression. Some people have it lower than others naturally and can survive more.

If we give 15mg of Temazepam and 15mg of Oxycontin to 100 people my bet would be most of them would survive. Those of female gender, depressed, underweight, mallnourished/anorexic or in very bad aerobic and metabolic shape could die. You said you have done in the past over 100mg of Oxycontin (with Temazepam?) and that is quite a dose. If we give those amounts of opioid with benzos to naive people my quess wouldn't anymore be so optimistic.

So you have had tolerance in the past that would have made dosing Temazepam quite safe but now you said you haven't took anything in 2 weeks. And that is precisely the time neurochemistry takes to adjust and your tolerance might now be much lower. Have other variables remained constant? What have changed?

I think from my experience that 10-15mg of Temazepam is generally quite safe to combine with small or moderate doses of opioids that DO NOT CAUSE much of nodding or respiratory depression. At least if you are male, weight over ~ 70kg or 160lbs, are in good physical condition and have a strong enough heart and cardiovascular system. On the other hand, hypnotic benzos can pose an additional risk because if you combine them with strong opioids and fell asleep that can become a big risk.

I am remembering one guy here from Bluelight who did small doses of Oxycodone and then came here asking if it was safe to now take Zolpidem 10mg as couple of hours from taking Oxys had passed (and the Oxy dose was not big to begin with). Then next day he did now wake up but DIED that night. And his fafher came here to continue the story...

So in my experience and what I've read and heard others without any tolerance it is allways a little risk even with low doses and especially with those that induce sleep more easily like Zolpidem and Midazolam especially but also Temazepam I think fits into that category even though not as strong. If you are allready at some evening very exhausted from work, heart is tired and metabolism slow etc. And then take the dose that you would normally survive but that night would kill you. So you have to take into account so many variables from the bioavailability and metabolism of the chemical (liver enzymes condition/liver&kidney condition and thyroid condition in general) to your neurochemical, physical and energy vise state of consciousness overall.

So even 10-15mg of Temazepam can be dangerous for some. But in general, that dose _should_ be safe with low or moderate doses of opioids if other variables are favorable and no underlying physical conditions are affecting the outcome negatively.

I am using Temazepam myself with buprenorphine, Tramadol and Oxycodone but I have tolerance. I also use Clonazepam and Gabapentin with my opioids but it all comes down to tolerance and experience - I have over 20y of experience with gabaergics and opioids and I have carefully allways titrated them up (except when I was young I was quite reckless).

But I recently also was here asking same kind of question with Midazolam. Ultimately I passed it and did not take it with tramadol and do not take it with Buprenorphine. I just think it is so strong. One friend of mine who has quite a tolerance to Buprenorphine, Tramadol and even to Midazolam came to notice how strong Midazolam is when he IV'ed it. He lost consciousness and his blood pressure collapsed to somewhere between 40/20. He was taken to hospital. So hypnotic benzos can be very dangerous indeed even to people with high tolerance and daily use.

Temazepam I use... that is not as strong as Midazolam or even Zolpidem. Those two have high affinity to gaba subtypes that really depress your CNS. Temazepam also has but not as strong. Diazepam or Alprazolam would be safer choises IMO.

I personally would not take even Temazepam more than 10mg with doses over 80mg of Oxycodone. I used Buprenorphine max. 4-6mg/d and with that dose I noticed Temazepam 15mg caused quite much sedation and respiratory depression and became allmost dangerous.

So you really need to be carefull at combining opioids with benzos and I wouldn't use as high doses as you were using Oxycodone with benzos. If I used then at least first time when dosing I would ask someone to watch over me.. of course I understand that is not allways easy to get. But then I would pass the benzos.

And on the side note, I use benzos and Gabapentin regularly. Same has been with opioids now over 6 months.

Edit: You said you have taken 100mg of Hyrdocodone. That would be equal to 100mg of Morphine and about 65-70mg of Oxycodone. I would not personally take Temazepam with that high dose if you have had over 2 weeks breake and lowered your tolerance to opioids. In my opinion, you ARE allready in the DANGER zone if that dose gets you nodding? I wouldn't combine hypnotic benzo on top of that.

Last edited:

It'll be your dreadful hospital trip.you asked if it was dangerous I'm saying YES and if you don't even consider my advice, kick rocks. Please don't disrespect when I'm offering my take. Maybe you should just down a couple temaz and see if you aren't in a mental hospital bed with every orifice Penatrated with tubes right after a big shot of naloxone to bring you right back to hell.

100mg of hydro is a good dose for even tolerance.
Add a benzo you might fall asleep and never WAKE UP...
DOES that help you a lil better.
I'm trying help, with 30year of heavy prescription use.. i know a couple things.
You need to listen And be grateful.

Your welcome

Last edited:
It'll be your dreadful hospital trip.you asked if it was dangerous I'm saying YES and if you don't even consider my advice, kick rocks. Please don't disrespect when I'm offering my take. Maybe you should just down a couple temaz and see if you aren't in a mental hospital bed with every orifice Penatrated with tubes right after a big shot of naloxone to bring you right back to hell.

I'm trying help, with 30year of heavy prescription use.. i know a couple things.

Your welcome
Swimmingbird421 is absolutely correct. 100mg of Hydrocodone is so big dose that combining Temazepam is not safe on top of that - especially now when you have had that 2 weeks break from opioids. OP, you are really in the danger zone allready. You have to pass it or do it under supervision and have Naloxone or Flumazenil on hands (or on supervisor's hands).

Yes, of course it is possible. I have done it 20 years on/off. Many other people have done too and some of them have died.

It is very difficult to give certain answer and not sure if there even is such an answer as there are so many variables affecting this issue even within same person within same day. In the morning you might survive the dose you will not survive in the evening as the mental&energy state can be anything from overstimulated/psychotic to over tranqulized/lethargic/apatic and dependent on nutrition and so many other factors. Also your age, weight, gender, metabolism, thyroid condition, fittness level/aerobic&anaerobic capacity to survive oxygen deprivation and mithocondrial health and other diseases you might have are factors that either lower or raise your tolerance to CNS depression. Some people have it lower than others naturally and can survive more.

If we give 15mg of Temazepam and 15mg of Oxycontin to 100 people my bet would be most of them would survive. Those of female gender, depressed, underweight, mallnourished/anorexic or in very bad aerobic and metabolic shape could die. You said you have done in the past over 100mg of Oxycontin (with Temazepam?) and that is quite a dose. If we give those amounts of opioid with benzos to naive people my quess wouldn't anymore be so optimistic.

So you have had tolerance in the past that would have made dosing Temazepam quite safe but now you said you haven't took anything in 2 weeks. And that is precisely the time neurochemistry takes to adjust and your tolerance might now be much lower. Have other variables remained constant? What have changed?

I think from my experience that 10-15mg of Temazepam is generally quite safe to combine with small or moderate doses of opioids that DO NOT CAUSE much of nodding or respiratory depression. At least if you are male, weight over ~ 70kg or 160lbs, are in good physical condition and have a strong enough heart and cardiovascular system. On the other hand, hypnotic benzos can pose an additional risk because if you combine them with strong opioids and fell asleep that can become a big risk.

I am remembering one guy here from Bluelight who did small doses of Oxycodone and then came here asking if it was safe to now take Zolpidem 10mg as couple of hours from taking Oxys had passed (and the Oxy dose was not big to begin with). Then next day he did now wake up but DIED that night. And his fafher came here to continue the story...

So in my experience and what I've read and heard others without any tolerance it is allways a little risk even with low doses and especially with those that induce sleep more easily like Zolpidem and Midazolam especially but also Temazepam I think fits into that category even though not as strong. If you are allready at some evening very exhausted from work, heart is tired and metabolism slow etc. And then take the dose that you would normally survive but that night would kill you. So you have to take into account so many variables from the bioavailability and metabolism of the chemical (liver enzymes condition/liver&kidney condition and thyroid condition in general) to your neurochemical, physical and energy vise state of consciousness overall.

So even 10-15mg of Temazepam can be dangerous for some. But in general, that dose _should_ be safe with low or moderate doses of opioids if other variables are favorable and no underlying physical conditions are affecting the outcome negatively.

I am using Temazepam myself with buprenorphine, Tramadol and Oxycodone but I have tolerance. I also use Clonazepam and Gabapentin with my opioids but it all comes down to tolerance and experience - I have over 20y of experience with gabaergics and opioids and I have carefully allways titrated them up (except when I was young I was quite reckless).

But I recently also was here asking same kind of question with Midazolam. Ultimately I passed it and did not take it with tramadol and do not take it with Buprenorphine. I just think it is so strong. One friend of mine who has quite a tolerance to Buprenorphine, Tramadol and even to Midazolam came to notice how strong Midazolam is when he IV'ed it. He lost consciousness and his blood pressure collapsed to somewhere between 40/20. He was taken to hospital. So hypnotic benzos can be very dangerous indeed even to people with high tolerance and daily use.

Temazepam I use... that is not as strong as Midazolam or even Zolpidem. Those two have high affinity to gaba subtypes that really depress your CNS. Temazepam also has but not as strong. Diazepam or Alprazolam would be safer choises IMO.

I personally would not take even Temazepam more than 10mg with doses over 80mg of Oxycodone. I used Buprenorphine max. 4-6mg/d and with that dose I noticed Temazepam 15mg caused quite much sedation and respiratory depression and became allmost dangerous.

So you really need to be carefull at combining opioids with benzos and I wouldn't use as high doses as you were using Oxycodone with benzos. If I used then at least first time when dosing I would ask someone to watch over me.. of course I understand that is not allways easy to get. But then I would pass the benzos.

And on the side note, I use benzos and Gabapentin regularly. Same has been with opioids now over 6 months.

Edit: You said you have taken 100mg of Hyrdocodone. That would be equal to 100mg of Morphine and about 65-70mg of Oxycodone. I would not personally take Temazepam with that high dose if you have had over 2 weeks breake and lowered your tolerance to opioids. In my opinion, you ARE allready in the DANGER zone if that dose gets you nodding? I wouldn't combine hypnotic benzo on top of that.
100mg of Hydrocodone most definitely didn't get me "nodding" lol. You must have missed the part where I said I had a tolerance. I took a small dose of Temazepam was completely fine.

Your welcome
Oh Lord, get over yourself. You must think I'm new to this or something.

100mg of Hydrocodone most definitely didn't get me "nodding" lol. You must have missed the part where I said I had a tolerance. I took a small dose of Temazepam was completely fine.
Good for you. Instead of asking for advice and me shortly warning you.. I get attacked 🤧

Careless about your experience. Kinda more about harm reduction.. so step off..
No more advice for u simp
Oh, so I’m careless? That must explain why I’m on here asking questions, and only took a small dose of Temazepam to play it safe. Gotcha. Think about what you say, dude.

And you still never answered my question. Lol. So that’s completely fine that I’m not gonna get anymore advice from you. Why would I want advice from someone who can’t even answer the question I asked?

Last edited:
Case closed you are scrambled. Too much information my friend.

DONT HELP THIS GUY HES JUST BEING CONDESCENDING TO A WELL VERSED HEAD. JUST KILL YOURSELF AND YELL AT PPL TYPING YOU A WARNING AND YOU SNAP LIKE A LIL B.
SLIGHTLY STOOPID (remove the slightly part to ur name)

DONT HELP THIS GUY HES JUST BEING CONDESCENDING TO A WELL VERSED HEAD. JUST KILL YOURSELF AND YELL AT PPL TYPING YOU A WARNING AND YOU SNAP LIKE A LIL B.
Damn, must have hit a nerve or something.

You do realize no one snapped but you, correct? You’re the one who’s screaming / writing in all caps and hurling childish insults at me. And then you just told me to “kill myself” on top of that.

I think sometimes you need to just stop, sit down and evaluate yourself.

Look, my guy… there is no hard feelings between us. At all. But I asked how many MGs of each of these drugs someone with a tolerance to opioids could take and still be in the “safe zone”. And your response was, “dont do it” — with no valid explanation behind your statement. It just came off really condescending to me. And then you still didn’t even answer my question.

And no, I haven’t taken any actual opioids in a couple weeks — but I did state that I take fairly high doses of Kratom daily, and the two are very well cross-tolerant. That’s why I can take such a high dose of Hydrocodone and be fine.

And then you said I was “careless” about my experience; when, in fact, the whole reason I’m on this forum right now and even asking these questions is because I’m NOT being careless. After all, that is what Bluelight is for — harm reduction.

I was simply asking how much Temazepam would be TOO much after consuming Hydrocodone — or vice-versa. I have combined Oxy with Temazepam several times and asked the same question on here before, which someone was able to provide me with dosage amounts that would be too much. But I know Hydro isn’t as strong as Oxy, which is why I’m asking the question again.

Last edited: