• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hydrocodone and Restless Leg Syndrome

DesertHarp

Bluelighter
If I run out of Vicodin (hydrocodone 10/325) I experience withdrawal rather soon. I guess it's within 36 to 48 hrs without a dose. Let me describe it: I get Restless Leg Syndrome. That alone is awful. Writhing and flopping in bed from side to side. Getting into a tub of very warm water might help for awhile. As withdrawal goes on, I may get severe nausea and vomiting.

The RLS is crazy-making. I almost want to do anything to escape it.

My supply is prescribed for spinal degenerative pain. I get 60 tablets per month, so I try to ration and take exactly 2 per day. If I take more, I've run out. Then I've gone through hell. Provider, a P.A., is surprised I get withdrawal that quickly.

RLS is indeed crazy-making

are you looking for tips on how to get through withdrawal?

magnesium helps a bit with RLS

compressing the legs, exercising the legs, certain leg positions, hot baths can all help a little bit, but nothing is a magic bullet

you may want to consider taking loperamide or kratom to supplement your supply to avoid withdrawal

Last edited:
If you are in pain and need more opiates to help but the dr won’t prescribe I strongly suggest looking into poppy pods, pods will take away withdrawals completely and help with the pain, you could do 4-5 pods a day along with your 2 Vicodin

don’t supplement your vicodin script. hydrocodone is a smooth, clean opiate. ruining your tolerance to the script with dirty fuzz like kratom or pods would be silly.

it’s crazy you vomit from 20mg w/d. withdrawal from more opiates will be worse.

rationing pills is torment, even if you get it right. the only way is schedule that you never break. telling yourself you need an extra and will make up for it later almost never works — and isn’t worth the mental gymnastics when it does.

Last edited:
Pods are opiates the way nature intended them to be….I wouldn’t call them a “ dirty fuzzy opiate”….In fact the exact opposite, pretty pleasant

If you are in pain and need more opiates to help but the dr won’t prescribe I strongly suggest looking into poppy pods, pods will take away withdrawals completely and help with the pain, you could do 4-5 pods a day along with your 2 Vicodin
I agree pod tea will totally remove all symptoms of withdrawal your having , guaranteed.
Perhaps try gabapentin for your RLS,it’s easily obtainable thru doc without a problem

I agree pod tea will totally remove all symptoms of withdrawal your having , guaranteed.
Perhaps try gabapentin for your RLS,it’s easily obtainable thru doc without a problem
I always find myself kinda torn about suggesting pods, on one hand I want to help people not have to go through withdrawals cause I know how bad they suck, but on the other hand not many legit vendors in the states so I don’t want to one day go to order my pods and them be out of stock…but they are just so awesome

I wouldn't know where to go to get pods. I don't have a history of getting stuff from any source, other than legitimately thru a legal prescriber. I do have some prescribed pills for RLS, which were ordered for me because I get recurrent serious anemia. (RLS can be a symptom of serious anemia.)

The discussion has been interesting. I thank all contributors.

I always find myself kinda torn about suggesting pods, on one hand I want to help people not have to go through withdrawals cause I know how bad they suck, but on the other hand not many legit vendors in the states so I don’t want to one day go to order my pods and them be out of stock…but they are just so awesome
One thing I recently discovered about how I make the tea is this , everyone knows how easily it is get addicted/ or for how easily you get withdrawal symptoms from only a couple days of use,I haven’t been refusing it down like I was doing originally ,I just separate the fluid from the plant matter and consume ,instead of reducing it to a cup of thicker darker tea Im consuming a liter of lighter color water like tea without the lingering effects a few days afterwards..

One thing I recently discovered about how I make the tea is this , everyone knows how easily it is get addicted/ or for how easily you get withdrawal symptoms from only a couple days of use,I haven’t been refusing it down like I was doing originally ,I just separate the fluid from the plant matter and consume ,instead of reducing it to a cup of thicker darker tea Im consuming a liter of lighter color water like tea without the lingering effects a few days afterwards..
For me a lot of the negative side effects come from when I don’t defat it, I don’t know if you remove some of thebane when you redissolve or what but it definitely makes for a smoother experience, recently Iv been crushing it up into powder and putting it in those empty capsules, I take 2or3 pills in the morning and I’m good

For me a lot of the negative side effects come from when I don’t defat it, I don’t know if you remove some of thebane when you redissolve or what but it definitely makes for a smoother experience, recently Iv been crushing it up into powder and putting it in those empty capsules, I take 2or3 pills in the morning and I’m good
No I don’t defat it but I’m looking at it as I’m just not cooking it for hrs reducing it down so maybe that could be causing the side effects ,or the fats in it ,I dunno ,I’m just happy I can use it a little more without the drawbacks that reducing it was causing , the high is same,no difference you just gotta drink more

No I don’t defat it but I’m looking at it as I’m just not cooking it for hrs reducing it down so maybe that could be causing the side effects ,or the fats in it ,I dunno ,I’m just happy I can use it a little more without the drawbacks that reducing it was causing , the high is same,no difference you just gotta drink more
Yea the biggest plus is I don’t have to piss like a race horse all day when I reduce it down

This is pretty much par for the course. If you're familiar at all with my history, Restless Legs Syndrome is my number 1 worst symptom of withdrawal. There is the anxiety, the depression, the vomiting, the hot/cold flashes and all of that is terrible, but there's nothing quite as bad as that feeling of inner restlessness.

That is Opioid withdrawal. You have some choices here to remedy the situation. The obvious choice would be to fix your dosing schedule with the Hydrocodone (Vicodin). If that is not possible, you could try something like a Gabapentinoid to ease the RLS. I'm not suggesting that you start taking a Gabapentinoid every day, but it could be a stop-gap solution for those couple of days at the end of the month in which you find yourself having trouble.

You could perhaps try to get some Gabapentin (Neurontin). For those 3 days or so out of the month in which you are having trouble, you could maybe take 300mg Gabapentin TID and that might help take the edge off. We can continue the conversation, let us know what you think about what we've said.

My doctor gave me a medication for rls. It's for Parkinsons patients but it works great. Mirapex. I have MS and get spasms and rls even when I'm not going threw withdrawal.
As someone mentioned magnesium as well.
Rls is by far my least favorite. My whole body spazzes.

Im just wondering, by RLS are you guys referring to that feeling in the base of your spine that makes you flop around like a fish ? That’s my least favorite too

If gabapentin happens to help, I would do that those few days it benefits. That is not enough for dependence of any kind, worst that could happen is short episode of depression after. And it won't change your tolerance to your script.

Yea the biggest plus is I don’t have to piss like a race horse all day when I reduce it down
Thats actually not a problem I normally dose first thing in the morning (6:00 am) just so I can enjoy it the whole day ,I’ve just been removing about a quart of tea out of the pot and finish it off within 30 minutes so yeah I’ll be pissing it all out in the morning but it’s not a biggie , I usually drink two coffees first thing in the morning so I’m kinda use to it..

Im just wondering, by RLS are you guys referring to that feeling in the base of your spine that makes you flop around like a fish ? That’s my least favorite too
RLS to me is when your laying down trying to go to sleep and you can’t help but moving your legs around because the aching is unbearable,,,it keeps you awake and drives you nuts ,standing up gets rid of it but you can’t sleep standing up so your kinda screwed

The last time I had it was December-January of 2020 ,I did a quick taper of Valium,gabapentin,and tramadol then jumped off and just dealt with things using just weed mostly,it lasted about a week right after I jumped to using nothing and improved ever so slightly everyday