• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Hydro growers - Do you use Phytohormones/Phytosteroids in your grows?

acetylatemythc

Greenlighter
Fellow Growers,

I'm interested to see how many people use pre-prepared phytohormone solutions such as Rhizotonic or Liquid Sea Kelp, and whether or not people are using the pure hormone/steroid powers and mixing them into solution themselves.

• Benzylaminopurine (6-BAP)
    24.gif
  • Napthalene Acetic Acid
  • Indole Acetic Acid
  • Indole Butyric Acid
  • Triacontanol
  • Mepiquat Chloride/Chlormequat Chloride/paclobutrazol/other gibberrelin inhibitors
  • Gibberrelins
  • Brassinosteroids (brassinolide, Epibrassinolide etc)

I've been using a combination of some of the above in the form of base hormone powders for about 12-18 months, and through much trial and error have (finally) developed a reliable dosing schedule that doesnt stunt my plants .

What (if any) phytohormones do you use, what concentrations, and how often do you apply? I'm happy to post my results if anyone is interested in discussing

The only reason I would start growing again is so I can be 100% sure that my bud doesn't contain all this synthetic crap you are throwing at it.

To answer your question: No.

I don't think there are many hydro growers here on BL but this is certainly an interesting topic. What benefits are you seeing from Brassinosteroids?

That is unfortunate....Do you grow yourself thujone?

Brassinolide was definitely one of the better ones, it seriously increased the plants' tolerance to stress to the point where i could not water for 48hrs through the middle of flowering and they didn't even miss a beat. There was a noticeable increase in vitality and growth during veg, and i could feed the plants with nutes up to an EC of 6+. The downside with bras was an increase in inter-nodal spacing and inhibition of rooting in clones/young plants, and applying at a rate of 1PPB it is easy to overdo it.

Overall i was impressed with bras after i ironed out the issues i initially had. I would highly recommend getting some as the bang for buck is astronomical and it helps keeps the plants going if your pumps or timers fail and you're not in a position to do something about it stat

no, i move around too often lately to bother with it but have grown before and would like to again someday, particularly a bonsai-style grow which has proved elusive so far. i haven't considered messing with hormones before, but root control has been a major hurdle and so Brassinosteroids sound promising if it's true what i read about them inhibiting root growth.

I'm sorry to hear you're not in the position to get up and going, growing would have to be one of the most rewarding things i do.

i keep 3 of my mothers in a confined space, i guess you could call it a "bonsai" style setup so i can show you my technique . If excessive growth is an issue then bras (most of the others inhibit rooting as well, with exception of the rooting hormones IBA & NAA) will help with that, you could also look at using low stress training or changing your hydro method to DWC or aeroponics.

My mothers are asleep at the moment but ill upload a photo in the morning when the lights turn back on which will demonstrate the LST technique much better than my blazed brain can manage right now

I'm glad to meet you ace. I've had a passion for growing for 15 years no. I do not use synthetics tho. I switched to all organic 6:years ago. Yeild went down but terpenes and taste went through the roof. I am a huge advocate for the use of beneficial bacteria and fungi. It's difficult to incorporate microbes into a hydo setup for many reasons. As much as I don't like advanced nutes they do have some decent products in the beneficial bacteria realm. Voo doo and tarantula come to mind. If u wana talk ID love to listen. Just a warning...you might be growing in soil before I'm done with u.lol
-Clean and green

I have some neat methods for creating little monsters as I like to call em. Especially if grow from cuttings.I have an indica dominant of a strain called death star. Pulling 6 z's out of a 2 ft plant is not uncommon. Dry weight

That's what I heard anyway. Lmao

Last edited by a moderator:
The only reason I would start growing again is so I can be 100% sure that my bud doesn't contain all this synthetic crap you are throwing at it.

To answer your question: No.

Can't be said enough.

If you can't cultivate without poison, you're not a farmer or a grower. You're a goddam threat to your community.