• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hydration levels and opioid use

Opie_From_Muskogee

Greenlighter
My question is, or rather something that i've had running around my mind for a while. Does the hydration level of your body (high amounts of water vs being closer to dehydrated) have any effect on how opioids react or rather interact with the human body? It seems as though the highs experienced seem to be slightly more intense when i'm closer to being dehydrated rather than closer to fully hydrated. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated???

Last edited:
I know that being dehydrated increases the side effects and severity of the come down, but I'm not sure about the positive effects. I'd recommend staying hydrated and looking for other ways to increase your high.

Excellent question. I'd say yes hydration level impacts the effects of any drug but I think the drug itself and how it's metabolized determines if it has a more desirable effect or not. Obviously hydration is important for normal functioning but isolating euphoria...hmm?? I'd love to hear some scholarly reply from someone well versed in human anatomy and biology.

I am in no means saying that it is at all safe to be dehydrated. However, i work construction, so sometimes i do catch myself being a little closer to dehydration than i should be. I personally recommend drinking water like you should. I had just noted that at times, it seemed like the effects of the opies seemed to be slightly more prominent when being less hydrated. Just curious to see if there was any scientific explanation for this.