• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Op-Ed Hunter Biden: I fought to get sober. Political weaponization of my addiction hurts more than me

Not a big fan of our boy’s writing style, I gotta say

are we sure he even wrote this? :unsure: there is something that really strikes me as odd about this writing style and the content of it

It seems way too pointed and feels contrived, almost robotic, like it has an agenda behind it. It contains almost no personal insights. It's full of political buzzwords. It basically just points out various Republican actions, then keeps circling back to "addiction is hard, many people struggle with it", and also sprinkles in a few sad facts about how his mom and brother died.

He hardly even talks about recovery at all. The entire purpose is to feel bad for him.

Frankly this reads like someone else wrote it, and that the purpose is to garner sympathy from democrats or other voters on the fence about him, ahead of 2024. This might be a piece to wash up his image a bit online.

I think this paragraph basically gives it away. It's worded like a political campaign speech, forcefully trying to relate to the "millions who are struggling with addiction", then trashes Fox news, but makes sure to cite specific examples and even links to them.

"What troubles me is the demonization of addiction, of human frailty, using me as its avatar and the devastating consequences it has for the millions struggling with addiction, desperate for a way out and being bombarded by the denigrating and near-constant coverage of me and my addiction on Fox News (more airtime than GOP presidential candidate Ron DeSantis) and in The New York Post (an average of two stories a dayover the past year)."

This is fake as shit and very insincere.

Last edited:
I don't see a huge problem with the article and I don't understand why we'd assume that it wasn't really written by him.

Hunter has been treated unfairly by mass media. He has also been treated unfairly on this website. I've seen plenty of jokes about him smoking crack and fucking whores in CEPS over the years. Hell, I've contributed to them.

The article - regardless of whether or not it was written by him - effectively humanizes him.

If I became the son of the Prime Minister of Australia, would news media rip me to shreds because of my drug history?

Is that we want on a harm reduction website?

it's boilerplate. I assume the guy isn't a serious writer and has someone ghostwriting/assisting him.
He probably sat and dictated about what he was justifiably pissed about, and let the writer take it from there.
i think it's fine, and makes a pretty good point "getting clean is extremely tough, and an all out social media assault does not make it easier"
honestly, as im moving in my early recovery, if i was constantly roasted in every rag for crazy shit it would be very defeating. not saying i feel sorry for the guy,as he says,
it's his fault and he's accountable - just that i can understand what he is saying.

I don't see a huge problem with the article and I don't understand why we'd assume that it wasn't really written by him.

Hunter has been treated unfairly by mass media. He has also been treated unfairly on this website. I've seen plenty of jokes about him smoking crack and fucking whores in CEPS over the years. Hell, I've contributed to them.

The article - regardless of whether or not it was written by him - effectively humanizes him.

If I became the son of the Prime Minister of Australia, would news media rip me to shreds because of my drug history?

Like the previous user said, it’s pretty boilerplate stuff imo. He could have brought something…more interesting and personal to it I think, but that just didn’t happen here. Maybe I’m just permanently burnt out on the kind of rhetoric he deployed there, I don’t know

As far as the man himself goes, personally I don’t hold anything drug related against him obviously (I mean how could I right), and regardless of who you are, if you struggle against an addiction and take real, substantive steps to improve your life, I think that’s very admirable, no matter who you are. And a lot of the people who shit on him are just craven opportunists looking for the absolute lowest hanging fruit they can grasp. On the other hand, he has been involved in a system much filthier than anything people on this website could ever be involved with, something I do cast a judgmental eye on, unlike drug use, and perhaps that limits my sympathy for him. Maybe it shouldn’t, and maybe if I were in his shoes I’d also my proximity to important govt officials for my own personal financial gain, I dunno…that’s my perspective though

Also, just that archetype that Hunter represents, the “black sheep”, is endlessly entertaining in the context of the White House, just cuz you have someone who is associated with the highest levels of power in the country, yet also “lives low” and does degen shit, and the ironic contradictions embedded in such a character are funny imo. Like you can imagine Huntley torching a fat rock in the White House, getting his bell rung and stumbling into some strait laced White House staffers or something. Hunter is like our modern roger Clinton

It goes beyond drug use. He sold access to his father, was caught with 100kg cocaine in ukraine and got away with it after his father threatened to withold a billion dollars of aid. Insider trading, the whole thing with his company Burisima. The guy is a straight up criminal.

Also when pictures from his laptop were leaked online it seemed like most of the prostitutes he hung out with looked very young.

Not a good guy. The article humanizes him, no shit, that's exactly what it's supposed to do.

was caught with 100kg cocaine in ukraine and got away with it after his father threatened to withold a billion dollars of aid.
lol... that sounds like complete fantasy, gonna call bullshit on that one

he's just your typical nepotistic wild child with a penchant for coke and hookers, he's not some ultra criminal drug lord :rolleyes:

people need to stop believing the insanely deluded fantasies other people cook up online

talk about psy ops... yeesh

lol... that sounds like complete fantasy, gonna call bullshit on that one

he's just your typical nepotistic wild child with a penchant for coke and hookers, he's not some ultra criminal drug lord :rolleyes:

people need to stop believing the insanely deluded fantasies other people cook up online

talk about psy ops... yeesh

I saw the video myself at the time. I can't find the bit about the cocaine now but it was in the guardian newspaper here at the time.

Here is the video discussing withholding a billion dollars in aid unless a prosecutor is changed.

More info here

Let me make it clear now i don't support Trump either. I believe both are criminals.

it's boilerplate. I assume the guy isn't a serious writer and has someone ghostwriting/assisting him.
He probably sat and dictated about what he was justifiably pissed about, and let the writer take it from there.
i think it's fine, and makes a pretty good point "getting clean is extremely tough, and an all out social media assault does not make it easier"
honestly, as im moving in my early recovery, if i was constantly roasted in every rag for crazy shit it would be very defeating. not saying i feel sorry for the guy,as he says,
it's his fault and he's accountable - just that i can understand what he is saying.

i doubt it was a ghost writer as the punctuation is a mess.

Politicians always get attacked by political propaganda and any and all things that could possibly corrode confidence, tarnish reputation and degrade trust are going to be used. Addiction is still really stigmatized and of course it’s going to be actively used by political rivals.

Being a politician would be so wretched.

Last edited:
I saw the video myself at the time. I can't find the bit about the cocaine now but it was in the guardian newspaper here at the time.

Here is the video discussing withholding a billion dollars in aid unless a prosecutor is changed.

More info here

Let me make it clear now i don't support Trump either. I believe both are criminals.

this type of corruption is certainly not limited to the Bidens, in fact it's normalcy in this country from every political family

I was reading about it, and it's actually somewhat unclear how complicit Hunter was in all that other than simply being on the same board of directors with the guy who did most of the corruption

i doubt it was a ghost writer as the punctuation is a mess.

"Write it, asshole. Make it believable. Hurry the fuck up Hunter... I have to rob a Walgreens to get Sleepy Joe his wakey wakey eggs and bakey pills before 5 or else he can't read the teleprompter"

EilylfFXcAAPhoC.jpg

Not a big fan of our boy’s writing style, I gotta say
How much crack has he smoked oh brother money beast sized rocks

As many hits of crack as he could

That is what addiction is I guess a bottomless pit who knows what the dealers thought selling it to him not worried about government watchdogs hunting them down

Heck who had cocaine in the White House

Last edited:
cdin said:
not saying i feel sorry for the guy,as he says,

I feel sorry for him.

His mother and his baby sister died a week before Christmas in a car crash. Hunter was 2 years old. He was in the car along with his brother Beau, who later died at the age of 46 from a brain tumour.

Hunter said he believes his exact trauma traces back to the 1972 car crash that killed his mother, Neilia, and his infant sister, Naomi. He and big brother Beau, who died in 2015 from brain cancer, were in the car with them and were injured... He also talked about sifting through the carpet to find more crack. "I probably smoked more parmesan cheese than anyone that you know," he told CBS News correspondent Tracy Smith.

assclass said:
its a voluntary choice for almost everyone.

They choose to swim in wretchedness for the pursuit of power.

Some people really want to make a positive difference.

Also, nobody chooses to be a politician's son.

Its a load of BS, a political witch hunt designed by the right to undermine Biden himself (who is terrible). Here in the UK, we generally accept that politicos, journos, lawyers, higher class people generally are all into drugs and prostitution. Its part of the culture. The only time we get annoyed about it is when it involved minors and rightfully so. It used to be homosexuals but no one gives AF about that anymore. But when it comes to kids, they cover it up but its all about blackmail. Hunter was just an idiot for letting himself be filmed but he's not doing anything more than most politicians kids. Its the other stuff that seems to be problematic: sharing secrets and whatnot but I don't know enough about that to say anything.