• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Hungover? From Weed?

ShammyWolf

Greenlighter
So, I'm curious, does this ever happen to any of you. Almost every time I smoke, the next day, mentally/emotionally I feel great and reenergized but I feel sick like with a stomach ache and the shits? Am I the only one, or is this normal to an extent?

People have been toying with the idea that repeated exposure to high levels of THC can cause a condition called Cannabis hyperemesis syndrome which can cause nausea in the mornings. They are not sure it exists or what causes it but odds are it is just the rebound effect from having high levels of THC in you almost all the time and then waking up with lower amounts.

It is the cause of much debate as I am sure will be mirrored in the responses to this.

^ What he said. I personally would experience this same feeling of having to shit 3 times at least (often they're not very nice shits either), nausea, and just overall weird until I have some food and a warm shower...

It could be CHS, but it could also be you eating loads of unhealthy food right before sleeping (especially stuff like burgers, sugary drinks, chips etc). Do you munch on a lot of food before sleeping by any chance? I found what helped me with the shits was watching what I eat before bed + buying some probiotics etc for my stomach.

Its sometimes possible to get a 'hangover' from weed.
I got it a few times, when I woke up I usually felt spaced out and detached but it immediately went away as soon as I had breakfast. It usually happens with low quality weed though.

So, I'm curious, does this ever happen to any of you. Almost every time I smoke, the next day, mentally/emotionally I feel great and reenergized but I feel sick like with a stomach ache and the shits? Am I the only one, or is this normal to an extent?

Feeling sick is not normal.

Having no appetite early in the AM is completely normal for habitual smokers, though. Try smoking a bowl on one of these "morning after weed hangover" days. See if smoking gets rid of the stomach-issues.

As far as having to shit goes.... 3 times in a day and I'd consider it diarrhea. 3 times in a single morning and I'd probably be wondering what the fuck is wrong with me, lol.

It's also good to keep in mind that diet definitely effects this kind of shit. If you get high and then eat every calorie in the house for 4 hours straight, your stomach's not gonna appreciate it much the next day.