• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Human activity of N-benzyl tryptamines

FormerBeagle

Bluelighter
Does anyone know if the tryptamine analogs of NBOMe have been explored in humans or appeared on the RC market? They are mentioned in this article, and a couple of the analogs (image attached) are speculated to have hallucinogenic activity.

I have my ear to the floor and have never heard any mention of these being available, or indeed, even any discussion. I wonder if they'd have the same level of danger involved?

No telling about the toxicity, but caution obviously would be warranted. Curious that LSD has never shown this kind of toxicity but other phenethylamines have, from DOB to aleph series to NBOMe. I was actually a little disappointed to see that it has been published, since I’m looking for a good (entirely academic, no human use) research project. And in fact I synthesized a few similar derivatives 25+ years ago as part of a legitimate project, but never tested them.

I suspect that N-benzyl AMT's are active, but not N-benzyl DMTs. But probably not the safest. Just my 2 cents.

(I just named one of the more promising ones after you in my Name-A-Molecule thread.)

Last edited:
Nichols looked at some of these as well. I believe the paper is cited in the OP article.

I suspect that N-benzyl AMT's are active, but not N-benzyl DMTs. But probably not the safest. Just my 2 cents.

N-benzyl AMTs are an interesting suggestion, and thanks for the naming honor. N-benzyl DMT, being a quaternary salt is almost certainly inactive. I thought I remembered alpha-methyl tryptamines with larger N-substituents being reported, but there are none in tihkal.

Nichols looked at some of these as well. I believe the paper is cited in the OP article.

Somehow I missed that on my first glance at the paper. There is a lot to digest here. In the cited Nichols article, he gives a thorough spanking to Glennon over inaccuracies (or possibly) inconsistencies in his previously published data. Major drama here.

One of the super interesting things to me in both the OP article and the Nichols one is the lack of apparent hallucinogenic activity to correlate with high 5HT2 affinity. High agonist activity at 5HT2 has been taken as a surrogate marker for psychedelia since basically forever. I’m going to see if I can determine the reason computationally.

Yes, but did he taste any?

He’s not really a kiss-and-tell kind of guy. Can’t really run that kind of well-funded operation and do that.