• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Hulu Kapuas "rare kratom strain" - most euphoric of all strains IMO

Snafu in the Void

Moderator: NMI Bukowski Jr.
Staff member
PXL-20211019-133410680-MP.jpg

Warning ⚠️ this strain has a completely unique alkaloid profile and has very little or none at all of one of the alkaloids I'm dependant on.

After using for a day I was surprised to wake up in withdrawals. I ate more Hulu... Did not stop wds. Had to buy meang da which then quickly cured the wds.

This should be noted. I still love this strain but will likely combine it 50/50 with a more standard strain.

This strain, or at least this batch lacks one of the key opioid alkaloids

Over 10 years I've tried all kratom strains, had bad shit and amazing quality shit, been there done that with kratom so to say. I saw a curio little baggie in the vape shop labeled "Red Hulu Kapuas". Immediately skeptical. Googled it, says "a rare strain of kratom that only grows along a certain river in one area... bla bla" (paraphrasing)... made me even more skeptical.

Thought I might as well try it out and bought an ounce of it. I honestly thought it was gonna be trash but took the chance anyways. This shit is AMAZING!!!

It has it's own unique flavor of alkaloids and DEFINITELY has an alkaloid that is NOT found in other strains. Highly euphoric alkaloid. It reminds me of serotonergic euphoria, but super clear headed, no brain fog, minimal dizziness, or any other uncomfortable side effects. ZERO TREMORS, which most stimulating strains give me.

I have a MASSIVE tolerance to kratom and just 6g of this got me very buzzed and VERY euphoric (it usually takes at least 15g for me to get a buzz on what I usually eat), I'm assuming to it's unique alkaloid profile.... because I can eat 15g of Bali or Maeng Da and barely feel anything anymore, but 6g of this reminded me of the euphoria I used to get from kratom but even better.

It's hard for me to give an accurate review because of my tolerance, and because I've only tried it once so far after 8g bali ~2 hours previous. Tomorrow morning I will be able to truly give a review on it's effects.

But from what I've noticed:
- Very strong and "clean" euphoria, less clouded by side effects, felt less "dirty"
- much less tremors/dizziness compared to most other strains (which I hate)
- has it's own unique strain high that is more unique than other strains.... if I had to compare it, I would probably compare it to high quality Red Maeng Da - but way more "clean" and less sedating. Hard to explain the nuances of kratom strains IMO.
- Probably the most euphoric and narcotic like kratom strain I've ever had
- Feels less "opioidy" than other strains and more like a euphoric stimulant. Nothing like Bali. But still opioid effects obviously, it's still kratom.

Whether or not this strain is actually "rare" (I doubt it), it seems uncommon to find and I suggest any kratom heads out there try it.

Careful about buying bunk shit - I have only seen this strain from one company "Earth Kratom" -also goes by the name "NJOY" (same company - they're all owned by Fire Wholesale)

I highly highly highly suggest people check out this strain if you're into kratom

Last edited:
Well Red Maeng Da is the only one I’ve tried that I actually enjoyed.. It had a nice stimulating social high that got me talking that trailed off to a sedating finish.

Do you think there’s possibly a synthetic kratom alkaloid added? I’m curious about this stuff.

-GC

Well Red Maeng Da is the only one I’ve tried that I actually enjoyed.. It had a nice stimulating social high that got me talking that trailed off to a sedating finish.
Red Maeng da is definitely my favorite strain. Best of both worlds.

This stuff is more different than any other strain I've tried. But again, I won't have a real review of its effects until tomorrow. Today was 8g Bali + 6g Hulu over 3 hours. Tainted the real experience, but the unique alkaloid euphoria from hulu was unmistakable to my 10 year kratom effects palate (definitely not laced, because, it felt LESS opioidy than most kratom, more clear headed euphoric stim). It's also a relatively big brand in many stores doubt its laced with any RCs.

This stuff has such a unique high when it comes to kratom.

Do you think there’s possibly a synthetic kratom alkaloid added? I’m curious about this stuff.
Only a fool is positive... but no

It felt like kratom alkaloids in every way, just unique in its action.

I've had kratom laced with O-DSMT before called "crimson thai" - and it's nothing like that

This was pure kratom but very very unique alkaloid profile. Honestly it stood out from all other strains in a unique way, but not a suspicious adulterated way.

Wow you've never seen Hulu Kapuas anywhere? It's my personal favorite strain.

First time I got the Green Hulu I took like 7 grams and had like the strongest effects I've ever gotten from kratom, before or since. Also with a ton of tolerance. Had eye wiggles, great euphoria, analgesia, the whole 9.

I thought Hulu was fairly common and everyone knew how great it was tbh. I don't think I've had the red, but the white and green are both great.

Wow you've never seen Hulu Kapuas anywhere? It's my personal favorite strain.

First time I got the Green Hulu I took like 7 grams and had like the strongest effects I've ever gotten from kratom, before or since. Also with a ton of tolerance. Had eye wiggles, great euphoria, analgesia, the whole 9.

I thought Hulu was fairly common and everyone knew how great it was tbh. I don't think I've had the red, but the white and green are both great.

Eye wiggles? This shit sounds like MDMA.

-GC

Eye wiggles? This shit sounds like MDMA.

-GC

I get eye wiggles bad in high dose kratom, and tremors, but did not experience that with Hulu

in fact the eye wiggles/dizziness get so bad on high dose of certain strains its probably not safe for me to drive...

Probably is more common than I think. I've just never seen or heard of it until today and I've been buying kratom for 10 years.

I wonder if cultivators are playing around with crossing strains and doing selective breeding, I don’t know if you can just cross pollenate kratom like weed or if you would have to graft it, but there some talented cultivators out there and wouldn’t be suprised is people are working on super strains

Huh, I have access to this strain right now. I think I've had it before though I can't actually remember.... A few years ago they opened up a kratom store here where you can just go and see tons of different strains displayed all over the wall behind the counter, and my mother gets a few different ones to keep stocked up for the family whenever we run out. Right now we have Dark Brown Bantuagie, Hulu Kapuas, and White Indo. Guess I'll try it next.

Green and red hulu kapuas are pretty nice, not exactly rare though.
I've tried many blends and my personal favorite is definitely red thai from my go-to vendor. I don't really know where it comes from (almost certainly not from Thailand) but it's far superior to almost every other type of kratom.

AFAIK kratom doesn't really have "strains", all it matters is the age of tree and the way the leaves were processed (especially the drying part).

Well I know what my next bag is going to be!
Usually, in that brand, I go for the Trainwreck. It’s always been my favorite but I’m looking for something different.

Warning ⚠️ this strain has a completely unique alkaloid profile and has very little or none at all of one of the alkaloids I'm dependant on.

After using for a day I was surprised to wake up in withdrawals. I ate more Hulu... Did not stop wds. Had to buy meang da which then quickly cured the wds.

This should be noted. I still love this strain but will likely combine it 50/50 with a more standard strain.

I actually notably had a headache during my high yesterday which is unusual because one of the things I usually take kratom for is to be a painkiller for my headaches. It didn't really feel quite like I expected though it was still euphoric in a familiar sort of way.

Hmm, this is exactly what you would expect from a selective breeding program, rise of certain alkaloids and the drop of others, I wonder what’s going on behind the scenes and if eventually they will have a strain that has really heavy opioid effects

I actually notably had a headache during my high yesterday which is unusual because one of the things I usually take kratom for is to be a painkiller for my headaches. It didn't really feel quite like I expected though it was still euphoric in a familiar sort of way.
I don't think I've ever had a headache even from overdoses

Hmm, this is exactly what you would expect from a selective breeding program, rise of certain alkaloids and the drop of others, I wonder what’s going on behind the scenes and if eventually they will have a strain that has really heavy opioid effects
I'm inclined to agree, with kratom booming in demand over 10+ years it's only a matter of time until they cross breed better and better stuff just like weed.

Even tho this strain barely has any opioid effects I still LOVED it.

Lack of major side effects and the euphoria from it was great. Definitely felt a lot closer to a pure stim high

Normally, I stick to more sedating strains, but I might have to get myself a little bit of this to play around with. A stimulating "red" sounds interesting. Might be a good cycling supplement if it doesn't affect proprioception too much.

For me the problem with kratom "strains" is the same as the problem with cannabis strains. Each batch is different. I can have stimulating reds and sedating whites. Then next time the same name will be a little different.

I think the cannabis industry is trying for that uniformity. Like Alien OG can be similar to another batch. But at this point I have never seen exactly the same effect from a brand of the same name. I think it is a good goal as we cultivate our favorite plants and trees. We have lots to learn and have a head start with cannabis growing and labeling.