• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

HUGE Valium panic, can I drink my way out of it?

MrsGamp

Bluelighter
Well, long story, but basically have lost my Valium.
My GP is almost certainly going to tell me to fuck off: I'm on a very strict staged supply.
I'm only meant to have 5 mgs a day, and some days that is all I have, but on other days sometimes more.
Right now am hoping drug dealer will have some. ..but he usually only does Xanax, for which he charges like a wounded bull...
I am so tired of being diazepam dependent. There's nothing worse, IME, than Valium withdrawal. I'm not likely to feel sick for at least 24 hours but I am already feeling sick with fear of feeling sick.
In the past I've quit Valium but always very gradually and even then on two occasions I had seizures.
Yet maybe I could man up to it with alcohol and some sort of stupefying antidepressant like mirtazapine or deptran? My GP would probably do deptran.
of course I could try hitting different GP but 9 times out of ten they'll say no in my experience.
Am so worried.

Just be honest with your GP, tell them about the WDs you get when you don't have your 5mg a day, and how you've tried to quit before - and had 2 seizures.
Maybe they can start you on a tapering down program? Put you on 4mg a day for a few weeks, then down to 2mg a day, then 1mg, 0.5mg, etc

I know how not having dope is really bad. If you lose it you are just scared, specially in case of benzos because most take them for fear/anxiety and not having them causes anxiety, so you need them but you don't have them so you get more anxious. In my case, having some opiates in stash just makes me feel safe.
I wouldn't drink. You will feel OK for a while, but when you wake up in your hangover you will feel so fucking terrible. You will have so bad feelings that it will be hard for you just to go get some benzos.

Just be honest with your GP, tell them about the WDs you get when you don't have your 5mg a day, and how you've tried to quit before - and had 2 seizures.
Maybe they can start you on a tapering down program? Put you on 4mg a day for a few weeks, then down to 2mg a day, then 1mg, 0.5mg, etc
Aye, I hear you - thing is I'm on staged supply with a hard-arsed GP because I AM meant to be tapering off ...
Recently I asked her if I could be allowed to take 10 mgs per day instead of 5 mgs because I've only just returned home after 7 months of either being in hospital or women's shelters because of my ex-partner's violence. Its been really hard to adjust psychologically ( aside from ongoing pain because of smashed up knee cap). And for first time in years I've been drinking really heavily...I'd rather be on 10 mgs Valium a day than abusing alcohol. In fact the alcohol abuse is partly motivated by the need to make 14 Valium last 14 days. It's easier to avoid impulse Valium pops if I have a drink. Besides 5 mgs does nothing for my anxiety now- it staves off WD, and that's all.
So I suggested that maybe this is not a good time to be trying to quit Valium. But she doesn't get it - she thinks the booze is a separate issue and I ought to just go to AA.
It doesn't help that I got flagged by Medicare for alleged Lyrica abuse. I was originally given Lyrica for a fractured shoulder in 2017, which was also caused by my ex assaulting me. My ex started taking my Lyrica and pressuring me to get my repeats filled ahead of time at different pharmacies. Of course this got noticed eventuaally and now I'm listed as a doctor-shopper on the government database...

Between a rock and a hard rock...

My immediate problem is what to do tomorrow ... as such my plan is to just buy some Valium or whatever benzo I can get from a dealer to tide me over.

5mg a day of valium you won't be sick without it most people can't even feel 5mg of valium you could litteraly buy 2 xanax bars and break em into 5 pieces each n take 1 a day n youd be fine

And also if you want more go see a psychiatrist I'm sure you could get a xanax or a weak ass valium script just tell em you already take it

Lol @ "weak ass Valium script".

I must be only person in the world who prefers Valium to Xanax! My mum was on them for years and tbh they really buggered her up...

Anyway BIG sigh of relief because just saw GP and she gave me a new script ...still staged but I got her to agree to let me take 1.5 Valium per day instead of only one...which is nothing to shout about, but will make things slightly easier...

Lol @ "weak ass Valium script".

I must be only person in the world who prefers Valium to Xanax! My mum was on them for years and tbh they really buggered her up...

Anyway BIG sigh of relief because just saw GP and she gave me a new script ...still staged but I got her to agree to let me take 1.5 Valium per day instead of only one...which is nothing to shout about, but will make things slightly easier...

I'm prescribed 70 1mg xanax and my mom gets 90 2mg bars

I can litterally take 200mg of valium and nothing will happen