• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Huge peptide type drugs, a trend?

Nagelfar

Bluelight Crew
Watch television in the U.S., you have advertisements for Ozempic and Linzess. I wonder if endorphine peptides might someday show up on the market as it seems these huge synthetic molecule drugs are becoming the mainstay of the industry. Since endorphines are on the side of longer length chains molecularly perhaps the next wonder drug would be a long life peptide painkiller? I've also read about CART or cocaine/amphetamine regulated transcript, which is a huge nodule with potential ligands abound. Perhaps a euphoriant without association with MAT or dopamine might signal for a similar experience using longer, more complex drugs?

I have no clue what you are talking about (ok 5% of a clue), but im interested. What are the two drugs advertised for? I see a lot of stupid ass pharmaceutical commercials on tv.

Nothing abusable, it's just that they are peptides that made me think of it, since our internal 'morphines' (endorphines) run closer to peptides than most opioid drugs (though trace amount of morphine is found in humans, most chemicals we have that work on the g-coupled my opioid receptor are long complexes i.e. big molecules.)

I think you can get the gist of what our body produces is usually more complex than what modern medicine throws at it, and drugs of abuse are stunted into the past because they aren't on the cutting edge of pharmaceutical discovery. That is: are kept even more simple when harm reduction should hope to maybe give as much thought to complexity in what we're going to choose to put in our bodies

Ok I see what your saying. Cutting edge pharmaceuticals are an amazing venture, costing billions often times. When a group or company goes on a venture to literally create a new class of drugs is amazing, as is the developement of vaccines and biologics (like prodrugs in a way causing the body to produce the effect of the drug, not a direct effect of the drug.)

Peptide drugs generally require injection (they get shredded by the digestive tract, and most don't absorb through mucous membranes either), and most don't cross the blood brain barrier very well, so they are both awkward to use unless you're already comfortable with needles, and rarely (if ever) something one can catch a buzz on. And, of course, they are often obscenely expensive.