L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Hubby not into sex while on suboxone!

earthangel

Greenlighter
Hi, my hubs and I are both on suboxone. My sex drive has sky rocketed while his is dead, gone, nothing Nada zip zero zilch! Sex doesn't even cross his mind. While I want it everyday!!! I've researched and sub's do kill a mans libido. Does anyone else have a problem with not wanting sex?? Recommend anything?? Thanks!

everyones libido is different. his might not come back until he's off opiates completely/on a way lower dose.

if your libido is high and his is dead is it posssible his sub dose is relative more satisfying for him than yours is for you. is he getting high on subs/could do with reducing the dose

also what was your sex life like before the drugs problem?

He may be on too high of a dose. That is one of the side effects in some people with suboxone but like I said, on a lower dose your body functions much normally.

Scagnattie again to SLR's rescue; he is right again. Too much Suboxone.

Find a way to get him to take less and get him baked on a normal dose of Suboxone.

You'll be fucking again in no time.

Scagnattie again to SLR's rescue; he is right again. Too much Suboxone.

Haha. I'm here to serve. ;) Haven't seen you around OD much, Cap. This where you been hiding?

And yeah, have your boyfriend start taking less and you should see a noticeable improvement in his sex drive. How much is he taking right now anyway?

his probably on high dosage, have him reduce it to 2-4mg. When I was on 2mg my sex drive was back. With 4mg it was soso..

Yeah I think Mr. Scagnattie's advice sounds good, although you do still have to stay open to the possibility of his sex drive not coming back entirely/at all even on a lower dosage, unfortunately...
I'm in a bit of a similar quandary right now as I'm on an alprazolam taper and SSRIs, which mean my sex drive is absolutely gone while my boyfriend's, well, hasn't. He's being a bit pushy about it which is frankly helping nothing - yes, I understand it's frustrating and it really sucks for him, but I can't exactly do much about it. My best advice here is really to just be supportive of his situation...I know it sucks but if lowering the sub doses doesn't help I doubt there's really that much you can do or say :\ good luck!

I don't quite follow here... I assume you both are taking Suboxone to help with a the addiction of a full opiate - something like say heroin, roxicodone, hydrocodone, etc etc etc...

whenever I would quit those bad things and take subs my sex drive would SKYROCKET. man opiates really do kill one's sex drive, and even when taking a suboxone it just wouldn't do much in the way of interfering with my mojo... I guess everyone is different

and yes, have him lower the dosage. suboxone is dramatically over-prescribed, and one can usually take subs with a "less is more" attitude